It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

mizzaj HB User
Has anyone tried Cholacol?

A nutritionist recently told me about a supplement that he recommends for all of his patients who have had their gallbladders removed. It's called "Cholacol" and it aids in the digestion of fats and helps digestion overall. I guess he highly recommends this product. I'm hesitant to try things like this, so I thought I'd see if anyone who's had their gb removed has tried it. Let me know.....thanks!!!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
(male)

gerbilaurus HB User
Re: Has anyone tried Cholacol?

mizzaj,

I have not tried this, but I've read about this and it makes sense. From what I have read, the GB removes water from the bile the liver secretes, and it also makes the bile more concentrated, to aid in the digestion of fat. When the GB is removed, the bile from the liver isn't concentrated enough to break down a meal higher in fat, thus the problems associated with eating a high fat meal without a GB. This product apparently helps out that process.

You might want to research this online as much as possible before you use it. As I have been prescribed various things by docs, that have turned out to have some rather undesirable side-effects.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
(female)

hellzbellz HB User

I just started taking Cholacol a few days ago and it has helped me feel almost normal! I had my gallbladder removed three months ago and have had bad nausea and sick feeling did not go away after surgery. My naturopath dr. recommended Cholacol before surgery and I wish I had taken this earlier, might have avoided removing my gallbladder. Anyway, I hate taking medications as everything gives me really bad side effects (sluggish liver to blame for that) and I was really hesitant to try this stuff. But it works! I can eat again! The only bad part about this medicine is that it makes me really really thirsty and have insane gas (farting all the time = so embarrassing!). I'm not jazzed about staying on this supplement forever but it works and I would rather have bad gas and be able to digest my food instead of wasting away not eating food and did I mention the nausea is gone!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
(female)

sundog7 HB User
Smile Re: Has anyone tried Cholacol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzaj View Post
A nutritionist recently told me about a supplement that he recommends for all of his patients who have had their gallbladders removed. It's called "Cholacol" and it aids in the digestion of fats and helps digestion overall. I guess he highly recommends this product. I'm hesitant to try things like this, so I thought I'd see if anyone who's had their gb removed has tried it. Let me know.....thanks!!!!!
I have been told by friends at work that they use Cholacol and feel much better. After suffering for years, I went to a nutrionist. I am now using Cholacol and feel so much better. I am also able to eat foods I could not before. Hope this helps.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
(male)

Glennk1949 HB User

Yes! I've been using it for a month. I had my gall bladder out 11.5 yrs. ago and had started to have some real digestion issues the last 3 yrs since being put on various heart meds after a heart attack in 2009. This product has been wonderful. My digestion of fatty stuff is 200% better. I still have some minor level gassyness on occasion, but I'm convinced that is largely a function of having bile running in my gut all the time. It's nothing like it was though prior to using this product. It had gotten so bad by this summer that I was starting to become a human version of a not so nice musical instrument. Now I've returned to a non-musical state if you know what I mean. My wife is happy and so are the neighbors. Buy it it works! Oh and no side effects or drug interactions either. The funny ironic thing for me is I haven't had a piece of beef, pork etc. for 40 yrs. and now I need to use Cow bile to digest my food effectively.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
(male)

Glennk1949 HB User

Farting. Funny thing, I took it because I had started farting a lot and I had my gall bladder out 11 yrs. ago. I'm pretty sure my problem came after my heart attack in 2009 and the addition of various anti-cholesterol compounds prescription meds and stuff like Niacin ( B-3) and fish oil daily ( Omega -3). All this stuff has some effect on bile production in the liver I'm told. I believe it lowered my bile production and that's why I started having the gas and mal-digestion of food in general. Since I started taking this product after carefully researching it and consulting with my Drs. I've had great relief from the mal-digestion and the gas. It's NOT a perfect cure, nothing is but it's the best thing yet that I've tried. I'd endorse it in a second. It's no surprise to me it's been around since 1956 because it works!

Closed Thread