It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
(female)

Cindy76 HB User
gas bloat syndrom fundoplication how long does it last

I had a fundoplication 2 weeks ago 8/11/08..I'm still on liquid and just starting soft foods..I can burp a little, but it's not effective...I feel like my swallowing is weird...I'm so nervous...and paranoid that I'll have gas bloat syndrome forever. and I'm already regretting this surgery..it was supposed to help asthma too...and I don't think it will....I can tell I'm getting depressed and nervous for the future...

Old 08-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
(female)

pixie1985 HB User
Re: gas bloat syndrom fundoplication how long does it last

Hi Cindy,
I don't have an answer for this yet but...I am having hiatal repair surgery soon and the word "fundoplication" was mentioned as well laparoscopic. How long did your surgery last and was it pretty easy to get back up and around. I am just terrifed at being put to sleep as I am always so sick when I wake up.
I will keep checking back on your healing...Hope it gets better.

Be blessed.... Pixie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
(female)

Cindy76 HB User
Re: gas bloat syndrom fundoplication how long does it last

HI Pixie,

I had my fundoplication and hernia repair only 2 weeks ago..I was worried too about being put to sleep because I get violently sick upon awakening..but I definitely didn't have that...I really, really stressed to the anesthesiologist that I get very sick..so what ever they did, they loaded me up with anti-nausea drugs...and I felt okay when I came too...they gave them to me in an IV at regular intervals for the 3 days I was in the hospital...for me it was painful...mostly in my chest...I have severe asthma...so it really irritated some nerves in my diaphram which caused some referral pain in my shoulders, that's very normal...I would say if you're in pretty good health you'll feel back to normal in two weeks...I have the asthma stuff...so it's taking a little longer...but today, at two weeks..I see that I have more energy...I've lost 10 pounds (I didn't need to)...but you are on a liquid/soft diet for about 4 weeks...please keep in touch...let me know what you decide. I hope I answered your questions...

Thanks for writing me...
Cin

Closed Thread