It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
Please help, I am scared I'll die if I dont' get this fixed soon!!!

I have had ongoing stomach problems for 5 years now. I have been unable to eat solids, no hamburgers, sandwiches, steak or any kind of meat period without it getting stuck in my throat. It started 5 years ago out of the blue with no warning and it has been this way ever since.
The first gastroenterologist I went to told me there was nothing wrong and it was all in my head.
I finally got insurance again and went to my second gastroenterologist a year ago. He said I had something called eosophilic esophagitis (sorry if the spelling is a bit off), basically I have too many white blood cells in my esophagus causing strictures, I have two strictures in my esophagus that cause food not to want to move through. He gave me an inhaler like asthmatics use, insurance wouldn't cover it so I had to pay out of pocket $200. Both gastroenterologists did hida scans, and an ultrasound the first one (the ultrasound) couldn't find my gallbladder and the second found that I had a gallbladder but it was hidden up underneath another organ, probably my liver and that it wasn't contacting fast enough, too slowly is what the doctor said. The second gastroenterologist also found I had gastritis, the lining of my stomach was swollen around it and very red. He saw this on an endoscopy and found the strictures in my esophagus too, he gave me pictures he took of the endoscopy and my stomach lining looks horrible!
My stomach constantly burns inside, especially around my belly button area and my intestines always feel inflamed and raw inside.
This has been going on for 5 years now! I am always tired feeling nowadays too, I wake up in the morning feeling fine but but by midday the burning, raw feeling in my stomach is back, sometimes I feel really queasy to like I can throw up at any minute but never do. I have frequent diarreah at least a few times a week to.
I can't live like this much longer! Am I going to die? I am so scared that this won't get fixed and I am not getting adequate nutrition. Can someone please give me suggestions on what I can do to get all of the vitamins I need while I try to finally get this fixed? I am so scared I don't want to die!
I am scared to that when it does finally get fixed that I'll have this psychological block that even though I'm physically well, my mental status won't allow me to go back to the normal me because I haven't eaten normally in so long. I have considered everything, even hypnosis to get rid of this fear!
I am waiting to see if my current job goes permanent so that I can enroll in health insurance and start going back to the doctor again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
(female)

ashley1791 HB User
Re: Please help, I am scared I'll die if I dont' get this fixed soon!!!

have you tried things like soup? soft vegetables? or meat cut really tiny? since you are able to take down liquids, maybe you can trick you body into taking solids slowly... like washing moist food down with a drink when you're done chewing or whatever.

for now, i'd try drinks filled with vitamins. my dad has surgery on his stomach before. for two weeks, he wasn't allowed to have solid food. they make these drinks though that are like meals and they fill you up. i think they just taste like chocolate or something weird.. but they're healthy. i'd try and look for things like that and slowly work on your eating.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

What did your doctors recommend?

Old 08-28-2008, 08:05 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

heidi2008 HB User

To keep the right vitamins in ur body get some insure. My bf had to drink it. You may still lose weight but it is great for everything u need to be healthy. Also there is a new kind called Dannon i tried dannon danup Flavor was pinacoloda omg i fell in love. It was great but having trouble finding it and the stuff isnt cheap. But well worth it. Good luck with everything.

Closed Thread