It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
(male)

xxnonamexx HB User
Lactose Intolerance, Lactaid, Probitics, Lactagen What Works?

I am lactose intolerant and use the fast act lactaid which is a hit or miss has anyone tried Probitics, Lactagen or even aloe vera to see if it helps?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Lactose Intolerance, Lactaid, Probitics, Lactagen What Works?

xxnona,

I have had success with taking Acidophilus -- probiotic supplements to cure lactose intolerance.

I think your digestive system lacks the friendly bacteria that digests dairy products- --milk sugar/lactose.
The type that I like the best is Pearls --by Enzymatic Therapy. It contains 2 probiotics that will re-colonize your intestinal walls. It is coat with a protective coating so it gets through the stomach acid to the intestines and you don't have to refrigerate them like many probiotics.

Sometime in the past you must have taken antibiotics or steriods that are the major things that mess up your digestive system---Like we all have!!

Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
(male)

xxnonamexx HB User

How fast have you notice results after taking them?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

xxnona,

I don't think you were lactose intolerant when you were younger but it has happened to you later in life--??

I think taking this probiotics is a cure for lactose intolerance -- not an enzyme to treat the amount of lactose you intake at that particular time.

For some reason you do not digest milk sugar because your intestines are not prepared to digest it-- they basically have stripped of the probiotic.
So, it depends on the damage that has been done to your intestines. Your intestines has to be re-colonized.
It could take a week or a month.
I suggest that you try at least a 30 day supply and take 1 daily on an empty stomach and see how you make out.

I wish you well and let me know how it works.

Harry

Old 08-28-2008, 04:13 AM   #5
(male)

xxnonamexx HB User

Thanks for all of your help I have purchased a 90 capsule bottle online from which you suggested. What did you find was the best time to take it morning evening, before bed on an empty stomach or it doesn't matter? Any side effects? Thanks again

Old 08-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

It is always best to take probiotic on an empty stomach because stomach acids will destroy most probiotics.

Pearls are coated very uniquely and the manufacturer states it is OK to take anytime but I just know that L acidophilus is pretty resist to a pH acid level of 4.5 and stomach acid gets lower. So, I just like the idea of getting the best chance for absorption in the intestines and that is w/o any stomach acid problems.

The normal time for a stomach to empty after a meal is 1 1/2 hours so 2 to 2 1/2 hours should be OK.

I personally take the probiotics that I take just before going to bed.

I don't know of any side-effects.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 08-28-2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Typos

Closed Thread