It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
(male)

joelchicago HB User
Light headed immediately after eating, or while eating

I had my gallbladder out 2 years ago. I also have some kind of hiatal hernia. I had an upper GI back 3 years ago or so. No issues found.

I eat, and with more frequency lately, I'm getting light headed after eating. It's been like this on and off for a year or more, but it's more pronounced now. It happens immediately after or even as early as half way through a meal. It's very fast, too fast to be blood sugar.

It lasts and fades over the hour or hours afterwards. It almost feels like I'm buzzed or somewhat drunk. For instance, I had a LITTLE ice cream last night, and I laid on the couch for an hour feeling like I'd just had 4 beers or something. I also have zero alcoholic resistance. One drink and I'm starting to float most of the time, and I'm 35, 6'5" and 230 lbs!

Any ideas are welcome. I'm starting to wonder about gastric dumping, or if maybe the 5 lbs I put on was enough to push on the stomach and agitate the hernia, or ? I thoguht about diabetes, but I used a tester a while and things seemed close to the limit, but never over. Thanks for reading my post. People here have been great - luckily, I haven't had to post in nearly a year, but I'm back....

Old 09-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

aether4 HB User
Re: Light headed immediately after eating, or while eating

I knew I had seen this post before, but was too busy to answer it then and forgot where I seen it.

Have your blood sugar thoroughly tested, also another thought is the possibility of postprandial hypotension - in other words, your blood is all going to your digestive tract. Not entirely rare, but it might not be something a doctor would think of at first.

Last edited by aether4; 09-02-2008 at 01:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread