It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Symptoms, what do you think??

Hi,

For the past month, I have had, terrible heartburn, where I have to take up to 6 Maalox tablets a day. I have had flatulence that knocks my husband out. I have had a soft stool. My stomach has hurt because of the gas built up inside of me. Now today my stool is floating on top of the water in the toilet. I know no one wants to hear this and thinks it may be disgusting but my symptoms are getting worse and will not go away, no matter what I take out of my diet and no matter how less and/or more that I eat.

Yesterday I was sitting in my chair and I have been known to burp and belch alot lately, well one of the times that I tried to burp, food came up from my esophagus into my mouth, that was pretty disgusting.

I am so uncomfortable and I can't take this anymore.

These are all the symptoms that I can think of right now, but I can think of anymore I will post them later.

What does this sound like?

Thanks

Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
(female)

peace4health HB Userpeace4health HB Userpeace4health HB User
Re: Symptoms, what do you think??

You could be having Pancreatic Insufficiency, i think. With insufficient enzymes from the pancreas, the stomach starts having indigestion problems. Gas & belching are symptoms of pancreatic insufficiency. I'm not sure about floating feces, but with lack of pancreatic enzymes, it should be somehow greasy...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Arrow Re: Symptoms, what do you think??

Hi,

My symptoms are still here not as bad, but today I have felt nauseated all day, I have not vomited, but the nausea is horrible, it has been in waves of coming and going.

I am just not feeling good at all.

At first maybe I thought I had an ulcer, but the other symptoms don't even come with an ulcer.

I am trying not to think about the nausea but every 20 minutes or so it starts, I feel like I have to vomit then it subsides just a little enough to not have to run into the bathroom.

I drank some Coke earlier to settle my stomach and I did nothing but burp for 5 minutes.

Looks like I may have to go to the doctor and see what is the matter. I have taken everything possible for all of my symptoms with everything coming back everyday.

I just wish one day, I would wake up and it would all be gone.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

Burping up food or liquid can also be acid reflux, all those symptoms point to multiple scenarios. I have severe GERD and sometimes I drink a cup of chamomile tea and 99% of the time it settles my stomach and heartburn. I'm afraid to do that very often as I think it will stop working like the PPI do after awhile. Give it a try, after all chamomile is for indigestion,has a calming effect so it can't and won't hurt to try.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

And you haven't gone to the doctor? call them and make an appt for asap ...tell them your symptoms and that you are suffering? If you don't have insurance then go to the ER but you need to go to the doctor as soon as possible. good luck.

Closed Thread