It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

bev5493 HB User
Any Help??? Scared After Scope!!!!

Hi All, I am hoping someone can put some insight on this. I have had problems since 2000 and noone can find an answer Well Friday I had a scope and the results I was given says hiatal hernia 2 cm, multiple erosive gastritis, duodenitis, It says a biopsy was taken from the antrum. Now i was asleep when they talked to my husband But he says the doctor did a biopsy to check for infection that sometimes only shows up on a biopsy.Everything i read says a biopsy is to check for cancer. I will not get the biopsy results for about a week and half so I am wondering if anyone has any insight on this. I have alot wrong with me and have taken BC Powders(about 5 to 7 ) a day for about 13 years.Does this heal? Or what do they do?Does it mean i should be concerned with the cancer thing? Thanks for any input Bev

Old 09-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Re: Any Help??? Scared After Scope!!!!

If you still haven't heard, that's probably a good sign. If something was vital you would have known quickly. They tend to put off results that are normal. Hitial hernias are fairly common and errosive gastritis is treatable with certain meds such as carafate and other stomach coating meds that allow the tummy to heal. Duodentis is an ulcer in first part of the intestine right? If so it is treated the same way as gastritis and ulcers I believe.

Don't worry so much. That will only make you feel worse. You will be just fine. They will get you on meds and get you feeling better soon. My mother in law's biopsy showed H.Polri which is the bacteria that causes some gastritis and ulcers. If you have this it is also very treatable. They will give you meds to get rid of the bacteria. And chances are once you start taking that, the ulcers will begin to fade.

god bless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bev5493 View Post
Hi All, I am hoping someone can put some insight on this. I have had problems since 2000 and noone can find an answer Well Friday I had a scope and the results I was given says hiatal hernia 2 cm, multiple erosive gastritis, duodenitis, It says a biopsy was taken from the antrum. Now i was asleep when they talked to my husband But he says the doctor did a biopsy to check for infection that sometimes only shows up on a biopsy.Everything i read says a biopsy is to check for cancer. I will not get the biopsy results for about a week and half so I am wondering if anyone has any insight on this. I have alot wrong with me and have taken BC Powders(about 5 to 7 ) a day for about 13 years.Does this heal? Or what do they do?Does it mean i should be concerned with the cancer thing? Thanks for any input Bev

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User

Ask the doctor about the liklihood of cancer and he/she will probably tell you straight up what they're looking for. Chances are you'll get the reassurance you need.

When I had ovary problems I worried for MONTHS that I had ovarian cancer. I drove myself nuts. When I finally brought it up, the doctor seemed surprised by the question and said, oh no, this is very unlikely to be cancer. The surgeon took a biopsy after she removed it,but she said that based on the way it looked, it is likely NOT cancer. And it wasn't.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

Bev,

I just wanted to mention that taking biopsy samples during an endoscopy and colonoscopy is routine. In some cases, that is the only way to rule out the presence/confirm absence of a bacteria, disease or a specific condition, such as Celiac's disease. The fact that biopsy samples were taken doesn't mean much in and on itself.

Don't worry too much!
flowergirl

Last edited by flowergirl2day; 09-04-2008 at 09:03 PM.

Closed Thread