It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User
Colonoscopy and upper Endoscopy - How do you feel the next day?

I have a Colonoscopy and Upper Endoscopy scheduled on the same day next week. What should I expect?

I have a dilemma. I have an important 3 hour workshop to teach the following day. I'll need energy and I'll need to be able to talk. I felt like crap for a day or two after my barium tests last week (Upper GI and small bowel follow through), so now I'm a little concerned, and considering postponing the tests.

Any experiences to share?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

TiredOTired HB User
Re: Colonoscopy and upper Endoscopy - How do you feel the next day?

Due to having to do a complete bowel cleanse, you may have diarrhea type feelings, upset stomach, etc. I had an upset stomach for several days after. The day of you will be out of it, but that will subside within 12 hours, I think. You might have some gas feeling in your chest area too as they have to "blow you up" to see what is going on. I would NOT recommend doing this if you have to feel your best the day after as you never know how you will feel. In the unlikely event that there is a mishap, (very very small chance) you may need to seek additional treatment as well. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

I had a slight bruised feeling in my stomach afterwards. It was mild and went away in three days.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User

Thank you both. My worst fear (well not the worst) is that if I have crampy pains the next day I might vomit, which will lead to fatigue and ugly red blotches on my face

I'm going to see if I can reschedule one or the other, or find a back-up sub. I'd like to get this all out of the way soon. I've been taking tests for 3 months now and I want it to be over.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

It was absolutely no big deal to me. The worst thing was the anticipation and the day BEFORE the test. I don't remember a thing. In fact I got dressed, rode home in the car with hubby and the first thing I remember was picking up my purse and saying I was going to the market. He then said I wasn't supposed to drive. Oh yeah.....
Hubby had just a colonscopy done a few weeks ago. He had no problems afterwards either.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User

Yeah, the anticipation is annoying. I was scheduled for this week and they just called to reschedule. I have to wait another two weeks now. I've been getting tests since last Spring and I'm tired of feeling like I'm in limbo.

This time I asked for a Monday so I can fast on Sunday instead of a work day.

How long did it take to get the results of your test?

Closed Thread