It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 04:26 AM   #1
(female)

ceri78 HB User
Question please help!!! advice....

hi all..for the past four months about once a month i have been having very frightening attacks which scare the life out of me.Had one last night,basically it starts with feeling of nausea very upper gi behind bottom of sternum in the middle then intense pain straight through to upper mid back and around ribs to the front.It hurts so,so much underneath breast area and i cannot take a deep breath in.IT feels like my chest is in a vice being squeezed and severe pain in sternum all the way up inbetween breasts.Ive been to docs numerous times had blood tests liver function normal,endoscopy normal-(besides sufferng heartburn im on ppi to control this)its in 3rd-4th rib area all way around and lasted an hour in total.
Does anyone have any idea as to what this could be?? Im scared as it feels like a heart attack when it happens.Any advice greatly appreciated,thankyou!

Old 09-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: please help!!! advice....

Hi Ceri, It sounds like esophageal spasms. I have them, have had them for a very long time. so long that they don't scare me any more, but they are severe, and hurt like heck! Try drinking some water, slowly when this happens, I also eat soda crackers, they seem to help, can take a few crackers, but they always help me. If you are currently seeing a gasto doc, ask him if he thinks it could be esophageal spasms, and also ask about having botox for this, I have heard it really helps. Good luck,

Sunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread