It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
(male)

chevmal283 HB User
Calcified Gallstones/ Anyone use cleansers to rid themselfs of stones?

I have been sick (digestive system) since Feb 6 2007. Over last ten years five spine surgeries and heck of a lot of pain and medications and this and that injection. Entered detox on 5th of Feb 07. Unanticipated violent reaction to meds to detox and/or withdrawl. Awoke sick to gut/stomach--bloated. Didn't want to eat yet so hungry. When ate, sick. Didn't void for six days.
Been this way since then. In April of 07 rushed to ER after 14 days of not voiding and found out that pancreatitis. Haven't had pancreatic attach since then, so told acute. While in ER again for same syptoms, found out have calcified gallstones. Not told though. Found out later when reading over spine MRI taken around same time. Gastro didn't seem to concerned about me having them though he couldn't explain why so sick with digestive problems.
He did find carcinoid (spelling?) polyp in colon--removed.

So here I am not knowing why sick for so long. Is it digestive/bowel dysfunction due to spine surgeries; or, gallstones? I also learned that have high bad choles and low good choles and 600+ tryglys. On some kind of med for the trygly--fish oil deal. So watching diet..intake of fats and choles...still sick.

This morning decide to read up on calcified gallstones. Yeah, I fit the profile of one ill from these. Yet, I don't want surgery. After five spine surgeries and a world of pain that is never ended and the spread of scar tissue...yeah, I'll pass of gallbladder removeal.

Yet, what if told have to? Two schools: The medical community and the holistic community. Both don't seem to like eachother much or agree with it's methods.

So, has anyone used gallbladder/liver cleanser that removed the gallstones?

And if you have gallstones making you sick, have you looked into cleansers or been told a bunch of nonsense?

Any help appreciated....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

aether4 HB User
Re: Calcified Gallstones/ Anyone use cleansers to rid themselfs of stones?

All it will take is an ultrasound to see if you actually do have gallstones. If you do, and there's a fair amount of them, then surgery is your best option. It's not like a spinal surgery, nothing that extreme.

What makes a person with stones incredibly sick and risks their life, is when a stone does pass out of the gallbladder - and gets stuck in a duct. I can't imagine why anyone who knows they have stones would try to encourage this.

There is a medication that can help dissolve them. I was on it around 8 years ago and all it did was start bothering my stomach and causing nausea. Not much of a trade off if I'm stuck with the same symptoms..

My doctor is pretty antsy for me to get mine out soon. While in the hospital recently for a bad bacteria infection and dehydration I had a small gallbladder attack (from their icky beef broth, yuck!). They happened to have taken blood not long after that attack and it showed that my liver enzymes were elevated. So serious damage can be done elsewhere from those gallbladder attacks.

Get it checked out, do what has to be done, and make sure they double check your pancreas - just in case.

Good luck, and hopefully you can find a solution soon.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
(male)

chevmal283 HB User
Re: Calcified Gallstones/ Anyone use cleansers to rid themselfs of stones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aether4 View Post
All it will take is an ultrasound to see if you actually do have gallstones. If you do, and there's a fair amount of them, then surgery is your best option. It's not like a spinal surgery, nothing that extreme.

What makes a person with stones incredibly sick and risks their life, is when a stone does pass out of the gallbladder - and gets stuck in a duct. I can't imagine why anyone who knows they have stones would try to encourage this.

There is a medication that can help dissolve them. I was on it around 8 years ago and all it did was start bothering my stomach and causing nausea. Not much of a trade off if I'm stuck with the same symptoms..

My doctor is pretty antsy for me to get mine out soon. While in the hospital recently for a bad bacteria infection and dehydration I had a small gallbladder attack (from their icky beef broth, yuck!). They happened to have taken blood not long after that attack and it showed that my liver enzymes were elevated. So serious damage can be done elsewhere from those gallbladder attacks.

Get it checked out, do what has to be done, and make sure they double check your pancreas - just in case.

Good luck, and hopefully you can find a solution soon.
I can't remember if I mention my panreatic attack that soon led to finding the calcified gallstones, but I am going to return gastro and find out why am I always ill.

I am very frightened I have another surgery (if it is needed). I've read views from folks against having gallbladder removed and others who have had the surgery who say no big deal. But these are from people who have not had five spine surgeries and take meds and live in the shock to system daily pain.

I read that there is calicified gallstones and then there are others. The calicified I have surmised are the bad ones--well, I guess both bad, but the calcified ones can't be dissolved. And as you mentioned, trying to dissolve yours didn't work out.

I have read so many different treatments now for cleansing your gallbladder and liver. Some claim the gallstones pass throught that very night of your cleansing.

So many to choose from.

I don't know.

My gastro doesn't believe in any of that. Doesn't believe in, oh what are they called, intense type enimas. People I know, and alternative medical treaters swear by them.

Closed Thread