It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
(male)

davidhenry HB User
Constant Feeling Of Indigestion

For the past 6 weeks, I have been experiencing feelings of constant indigestion, even when I have not eaten. I awake in the mornings with feelings of my aesophogus being blocked and this continues throught the day. It feels at times as if food is floating up my aesophogus. I do not experince any acid indigestion (no burning in stomach or heartburn). I have been experiencing discomfort in upper & lower part of stomach whether I eat or not. Also, recently, my bowel movement has changed significantly. I do no go as frequently and when I go, it is often soft and small and carrys a stronger odor. Also, I frequently feel as if I need to pass stool but no go.

Last edited by davidhenry; 09-13-2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: The original posting was cut short.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
(female)

londoner70 HB User
Re: Constant Feeling Of Indigestion

I am no doctor, but it sounds like syptoms of GERD and IBS combimed.
You don't necessarily need to have indigestion to reflux food, and the change in bowel movements, specially constipation can worsen symptoms of GERD.
Have you seen a GI, or your GP about this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

What is your current diet like? Breakfast, lunch, dinner/supper? Do you eat between the main meals?

Old 09-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
(male)

peterpiper HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by londoner70 View Post
I am no doctor, but it sounds like syptoms of GERD and IBS combimed.
You don't necessarily need to have indigestion to reflux food, and the change in bowel movements, specially constipation can worsen symptoms of GERD.
Have you seen a GI, or your GP about this?
I've been having the same problem! What is GERD?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

GERD....Gastro esophagal reflux disease you do have some symptoms of acid reflux and IBS! You don't have to have heartburn to have acid reflux, in fact half of GERD patients don't have heartburn, like me I seldom do tho lately more so. Mine is in the throat, burning, phlegm, cough, sore throat and the upper chest may burn sometimes. GERD has many symptoms and it seems different for everyone!

Closed Thread