It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
(female)

Breez83 HB User
I have trouble digesting food and sometimes vomit it hours later undigested

I started this as a look up and I saw something called Celiac disease fits alot of my symptoms... I've been to the emercency rooms and drs several times and all test come back negative on organ fuction... they say its just the food I must be eating. My fiancee thinks I'm anorexic because I'm seriously starting to think about a liquid diet I heard that its easier on your digestive system.... somedays I can eat a sandwich and I'm stuffed and others I'm ravenous the entire day. But whenever I eat stuff like hamburger helper I throw it up without digesting it and sometimes gets blood in it... once I had to go to the emergency room for puking blood and black stuff after eating dinner. sometimes eating something as simple as carrots will bring on the vomiting with the black stuff... drs tell me I'm fine and its probably just gastritious... I get strange rashes and welts from my hips to my chests... I get lightheaded all the time... and severe chest pains that I have to take pain meds for... does anybody know something that could help because I have tried everything the drs have told me

Last edited by Breez83; 10-22-2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: left out a symptom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
Re: I have trouble digesting food and sometimes vomit it hours later undigested

I would try a very short "fast" (two or three days) on vegetable broth or creamy soup. Just have broth or soup on these two or three days for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

After this "fast", I would try to follow the following diet for a whole week and see how I would feel:

breakfast: herbal tea + two slices of toast + one very thin slice of cold meat or one poached egg + a little water or herbal tea

lunch: potatoes or (white) rice + chicken breast or fish fillet or ground meat + cooked veggies (carrots, zucchini, or squash - avoid leaves and raw veggies for a while) + (optional) a very small portion of fruit jam or one or two homemade cookies

snack 16:30 PM: half a glass of freshly juiced fruit

dinner: potatoes + fish fillet or two eggs + cooked veggies + (optional) a little fruit jam or one or two homemade cookies + a little water or herbal tea.

Choose a day in the day and only have soup on that day.

Chew well and eat in a peaceful environment. Rest before and after eating.

Gradually re-introduce some raw veggies or fruit into your diet.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
(male)

eihcet HB User

The hives and rashes are, of course, indicative of an allergic reaction. If it's food related then you should keep a food journal and try and determine which foods are the most problematic and avoid.

If your gallbladder is acting up, it can cause some of those symptoms but most often it is not considered the root cause unless you are experiencing the typical GB pain. If you think this is a possibility, you might want to try following a gallbladder diet (which would exclude eggs, bad fats, and a few other items).

If this has been going on for some time (months+) another possibility could be that you have a slow emptying stomach (slow motility), which can be caused by a number of items, many are still unknown. The medical term often associated with this is Gastroparesis. There is a test (stomach emptying study) as well as varying treatment options for it.

Consider searching here and reading up on these items, even if they don't fit your problem exactly, a lot of suggestions on how to manage may be helpful to you.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

I agree about gastroparesis, but you might also want to push about ulcers. Vomiting black stuff? Possibly could be dried blood, which might indicate a bleeding ulcer, along with your other symptoms. Have you asked any doctors about these possibilities, or heard them mentioned?

(What lunatic would suggest vomiting alot is "fine"? What kind of doctors are these? "Just gastritis" causing you alot of vomiting is not good, even if it is "just" gastritis - you need help!)

Celiac disease is basically allergy to wheat gluten; maybe the allergy extends to skin? I don't know, but I suppose an allergy of some kind is possible with the rash.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:18 AM   #5
(female)

Breez83 HB User

well I was told the rashes and welts were just an allergic reaction and was perscribed a steriod cream which would relieve the symptoms for the rest of the day but the thing is that over the past 3 years I have moved several times and each time my diet was drastically changed and I still would break out

I've had test run on my kidneys, gall bladder, and my stomach all came back negative... though the last time I vomited blood I was put on a potasium iv but they still told me that nothing was wrong that they could see and I've had test ran in 3 hospitals in 2 different states

I was looking at info on Gastroparesis and was gonna bring it up the next dr visit that I had

Closed Thread