It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
(female)

Tricia2007 HB User
Question Can dried fruit cause stomach ache?

Hi everyone,

I am taking prilosec for GERD and just had an endoscope a few weeks ago. ( I am actually taking the generic prilosec.. starts with an O.. it is upstairs..

My question is: I just had handfuls of dried fruit yesterday for the first time, and since last night I have had the worst stomach ache. Does anyone know if the dried fruit could be the culprit? I hope it is not the medication.

I really did not drink much water with the fruit.. I just cannot find much on the internet about dried fruit. I usually eat organic but the dried fruit I ate was NOT organic. It was a mixed fruit with lots of pineapple, raisins, cranberries, etc. and was either WELCH's or SunMaid.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated.. thank you so much.

Tricia

Old 11-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
(female)

alltaurus HB User
Re: Can dried fruit cause stomach ache?

I can imagine it would. I have IBS and haven't touched dry fruit in years. Its extremely fibrous and much of it contains additives and preservatives.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltaurus View Post
I can imagine it would. I have IBS and haven't touched dry fruit in years. Its extremely fibrous and much of it contains additives and preservatives.
I agree with Alltaurus.

If you really want to have dried fruit, you would be better to soak them overnight, drain the water and eat them as breakfast. Not too much and just one kind at a time (don't mix). Try to find naturally dried fruit, that is, without sugar and preservatives.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
(female)

Tricia2007 HB User

Thanks so much ALT and Pen... I will not be eating dried fruit for a while now.. and if I do I will get natural for sure!

Thanks so much and have a good weekend!

Tricia

Closed Thread