It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #61
(male)

idkwia HB Useridkwia HB User
Re: Anyone with Chronic idiopathic nausea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl2 View Post
hi
i am back at work today but the nausea has returned so im going to take 30 mgs of amitryptline and see if that helps.
my doctor said there was a warning on domperidome.
is that something that many of you take?
I have taken Domperidone many times. It has not adversely affected me at all and it is used widely in the UK. However it has not had a positive effect on my nausea either but everyone is different. I have not heard there is a warning out on it, in fact my doctor recently suggested I try it again. I have heard that there may be problems with metoclopramide which is also a prokinetic drug.
Good luck with the 30mg of amitriptyline. Remember it is still a very low dose. Let us know how you get on.

Have you tried hypnotherapy as it can be very effective.

Last edited by idkwia; 03-29-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #62
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwia View Post
I have taken Domperidone many times. It has not adversely affected me at all and it is used widely in the UK. However it has not had a positive effect on my nausea either but everyone is different. I have not heard there is a warning out on it, in fact my doctor recently suggested I try it again. I have heard that there may be problems with metoclopramide which is also a prokinetic drug.
Good luck with the 30mg of amitriptyline. Remember it is still a very low dose. Let us know how you get on.

Have you tried hypnotherapy as it can be very effective.
Hi everyone,
I havent tried hypnotherapy. Is there a special type of hypnotherapy that is recommended? I would appreciate any advice,

I read a scientific paper today about acupuncture and nausea which showed it can help a little. Has anyone on the boards tried that?

I am seeing the doctor tomorrow so i will ask about the 40-50 mgs of amitriptlyine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #63
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Hi
My doctor today recommended medical acupuncture as well as switching to Lexapro. she says that it may be as effective for nausea without the awful side effects of amitryptline.
Ive booked in to the acupuncture doctor but the first appointment was in May!
has anyone tried Lexapro for nausea relief?

thanks

Old 03-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #64
(male)

lowt HB User

Quote:
Hi
My doctor today recommended medical acupuncture as well as switching to Lexapro. she says that it may be as effective for nausea without the awful side effects of amitryptline.
Ive booked in to the acupuncture doctor but the first appointment was in May!
has anyone tried Lexapro for nausea relief?

thanks
Hi, i have tried accupuncture and it did have an effect, it left me with less money in my wallet.
I have also tried Lexapro and i had worse side effects with it than i have had with the amitriptyline, i do know of people who have used Lexapro with few side effects but never heard of it being used to treat nausea.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #65
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowt View Post
Hi, i have tried accupuncture and it did have an effect, it left me with less money in my wallet.
I have also tried Lexapro and i had worse side effects with it than i have had with the amitriptyline, i do know of people who have used Lexapro with few side effects but never heard of it being used to treat nausea.
I'll let u know how I get on with the accupunture. Have u tried vitamin b and Ginger together.the Ami made me so tired that I'm glad I'm not taking it anymore

Old 04-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #66
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
I'll let u know how I get on with the accupunture. Have u tried vitamin b and Ginger together.the Ami made me so tired that I'm glad I'm not taking it anymore
Big big mistake stopping the amitryptline. I was SO SICK. I have started taking it again today but I still can not eat anything,
god when will this nausea leave!
if anyone has solved this health issue pls let me know

Old 04-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #67
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User

I did not read all the postings, but would like to comment about the nausea. I suffered from nausea for many years, like clockwork it would start two hours after eating. The nausea would last about 1 to 2 hours and then I would be okay. I saw a Gastro doctor for something else but mentioned to him about my nausea. He prescribed 20 mg Omeprazole which I have to take every morning 1/2 hour before breakfeast. In the description it says it would take 4 - 8 weeks before the drug kicks in. Nothing happened and I almost stopped the drug. But after 3 months I started to feel better, I'm taking the pill now about 5 months and I'm completely free of the nauseau, what a nice feeling.

I noticed on this and other healthboards that people give up on pills to easily, no patience. I'm a senior and over the years had to take pills off and on and it seems lots of time it takes quite awhile before they work.

I also seen people on this board mentioning that they took REGLAN, this is the worst pill I ever took. My hands were shaking so bad I hardly could write, it took me a few weeks before I realized it was the Reglan.

Laura

Old 04-10-2010, 12:17 AM   #68
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
I did not read all the postings, but would like to comment about the nausea. I suffered from nausea for many years, like clockwork it would start two hours after eating. The nausea would last about 1 to 2 hours and then I would be okay. I saw a Gastro doctor for something else but mentioned to him about my nausea. He prescribed 20 mg Omeprazole which I have to take every morning 1/2 hour before breakfeast. In the description it says it would take 4 - 8 weeks before the drug kicks in. Nothing happened and I almost stopped the drug. But after 3 months I started to feel better, I'm taking the pill now about 5 months and I'm completely free of the nauseau, what a nice feeling.

I noticed on this and other healthboards that people give up on pills to easily, no patience. I'm a senior and over the years had to take pills off and on and it seems lots of time it takes quite awhile before they work.

I also seen people on this board mentioning that they took REGLAN, this is the worst pill I ever took. My hands were shaking so bad I hardly could write, it took me a few weeks before I realized it was the Reglan.

Laura

hi laura
the drug u are on is an anti ulcer medication and im on a similar one too. i am getting some relief from nausea with amitryptline but awful side effects. my heart pounds all day.
has any one else had this? does it go away?

Old 04-11-2010, 06:19 AM   #69
(male)

Quote:

Laura
Laura - as you probably know Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor and it restricts the amount of acid produced by the stomach and is used to treat ulcers which of course can cause nausea. Did you have an ulcer? Did you know if you were producing too much acid? Did you suffer from gastric reflux at all? I am asking because I suffer from nausea and I am considering your suggestion.

Last edited by idkwia; 04-11-2010 at 06:21 AM.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #70
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Laura - as you probably know Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor and it restricts the amount of acid produced by the stomach and is used to treat ulcers which of course can cause nausea. Did you have an ulcer? Did you know if you were producing too much acid? Did you suffer from gastric reflux at all? I am asking because I suffer from nausea and I am considering your suggestion.
hi
idkwia i wonder if you have ever been to an endocrinologist and been tested? they are looking to see if a hormone disorder might be causing my nausea ( i also have v v low blood pressure)

Old 04-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #71
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User

Idkwia, I had a EGD done where they look down your throat. The results "Barrett's esophagus noted and moderate gastritis found in the antrum" The nurse at the hospital told me after the procedure that I had gastric reflux. When I told her I never had any symptoms, like heartburn etc. she said my reflux does not come all the way up, that why I don't have any symptoms.
I do not have an ulcer.
Laura

Last edited by Laura B; 04-14-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #72
(male)

Quote:
Idkwia, I had a EGD done where they look down your throat. The results "Barrett's esophagus noted and moderate gastritis found in the antrum" The nurse at the hospital told me after the procedure that I had gastric reflux. When I told her I never had any symptoms, like heartburn etc. she said my reflux does not come all the way up, that why I don't have any symptoms.
I do not have an ulcer.
Laura
Laura, I don't wish to be rude and please don't take this the wrong way but when you originally posted here you should have said that you had been diagnosed with a specific condition. People here are looking for answers to their problems. A PPI is going to help you because you have acid reflux disease. Anyway I am pleased you found relief.

Last edited by idkwia; 04-19-2010 at 03:02 AM.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #73
(male)

Quote:
hi
idkwia i wonder if you have ever been to an endocrinologist and been tested? they are looking to see if a hormone disorder might be causing my nausea ( i also have v v low blood pressure)
Hi Aussiegirl2 - thanks for the suggestion but yes I have been to an endocrinologist and he did trial me with some hormone therapy but it made no difference so he concluded that it was not causing my nausea.

How low is your blood pressure, do you know?

I spoke with Prof. T Borody at the Centre for Digestive Diseases in Sydney today and I am thinking of coming to Australia to see him. Do you know about him, he is supposed to be excellent?

Look forward to hearing from you with an update.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #74
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Hi Aussiegirl2 - thanks for the suggestion but yes I have been to an endocrinologist and he did trial me with some hormone therapy but it made no difference so he concluded that it was not causing my nausea.

How low is your blood pressure, do you know?

I spoke with Prof. T Borody at the Centre for Digestive Diseases in Sydney today and I am thinking of coming to Australia to see him. Do you know about him, he is supposed to be excellent?

Look forward to hearing from you with an update.
hi idkwia
the other day my blood pressure was 80 sitting and only 60 standing so they have put me on a drug which raises your pressure slightly and i feel a little better.
the endo found that i have v high levels of prolactin so that might be why im feeling so sick. (more tests next week)
im in sydney and i work in the medical field and i know of prof borody. he is someone who is not part of the established medical community and has some controversial theories.
what do you think he can do for you, that other doctors can't do?

have u tried amitryptline. im now taking 50 mgs at night and it has made a difference to my nausea.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #75
(male)

Quote:
hi idkwia
the other day my blood pressure was 80 sitting and only 60 standing so they have put me on a drug which raises your pressure slightly and i feel a little better.
the endo found that i have v high levels of prolactin so that might be why im feeling so sick. (more tests next week)
im in sydney and i work in the medical field and i know of prof borody. he is someone who is not part of the established medical community and has some controversial theories.
what do you think he can do for you, that other doctors can't do?

have u tried amitryptline. im now taking 50 mgs at night and it has made a difference to my nausea.
Hi Aussiegirl - it seems like you are finally getting to the bottom of your problems.
I am pleased that the amitriptyloine is working for you. I told you to stat with it didn't I. Good news anyway.
I am comparing my symptoms with yours. So may I ask you if you get any stomach or abdominal pains and are your bowel movements normal? Or do you only have nausea? I have nausea, stomach pain/discomfort and my bowels are not working properly.
I am interested in the Fecal Transplantation that Prof Borody and his team does. He is quite a famous doctor.
Please answer my questions as well as let me know how things go next week with the tests.
Good luck.

Closed Thread