It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #76
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User
Re: Anyone with Chronic idiopathic nausea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwia View Post
Hi Aussiegirl - it seems like you are finally getting to the bottom of your problems.
I am pleased that the amitriptyloine is working for you. I told you to stat with it didn't I. Good news anyway.
I am comparing my symptoms with yours. So may I ask you if you get any stomach or abdominal pains and are your bowel movements normal? Or do you only have nausea? I have nausea, stomach pain/discomfort and my bowels are not working properly.
I am interested in the Fecal Transplantation that Prof Borody and his team does. He is quite a famous doctor.
Please answer my questions as well as let me know how things go next week with the tests.
Good luck.
hi idkwia
my symptoms are very similar to yours ( I also have irritable bowel syndrome so thats why I get the stomach cramps and bowel symptoms)
I am glad I stayed on the amitryptline and was able to take 50 mgs. the side effects have lessened.
this is what im taking - at night i take 300mgs zantac and 20 mgs pariet. pls 50 mgs amityrptline.
in the morning before food i take motilium ( domperidome) and then after breakfast half a tablet of fludocortisone.
pls calcium and proobiotics!!!!

i think you should ask your doc about going on the same regimen ( not the cortisol unless your adrenal glands arent working)

i also have a healthy diet, ,lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meat and no fried foods, pastries, no coffee or soft drinks. i drink loads of water and try to walk each day for 15 mins.
i am also having medical acupuncture.

i have heard about the faecal transplant. it certainly is controversial.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 AM   #77
(male)

idkwia HB Useridkwia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl2 View Post
hi idkwia
my symptoms are very similar to yours ( I also have irritable bowel syndrome so thats why I get the stomach cramps and bowel symptoms)
I am glad I stayed on the amitryptline and was able to take 50 mgs. the side effects have lessened.
this is what im taking - at night i take 300mgs zantac and 20 mgs pariet. pls 50 mgs amityrptline.
in the morning before food i take motilium ( domperidome) and then after breakfast half a tablet of fludocortisone.
pls calcium and proobiotics!!!!

i think you should ask your doc about going on the same regimen ( not the cortisol unless your adrenal glands arent working)

i also have a healthy diet, ,lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meat and no fried foods, pastries, no coffee or soft drinks. i drink loads of water and try to walk each day for 15 mins.
i am also having medical acupuncture.

i have heard about the faecal transplant. it certainly is controversial.
Aussiegirl - so you are taking Zantac and Pariet which reduce the amount of acid in the stomach. Do you know for sure if you have excess acid in the stomach, have you been tested for it, do you get acid reflux? Have these 2 drugs helped your nausea do you think?
I too have an extremely healthy diet and I take 30mgs of Mirtazapine but I still feel there is something wrong somewhere, it is just that doctors haven't found it yet, that is why I am interested in Human Probiotic Infusion done by Prof Borody.
Anyway, I would be very interested to hear your answers regarding Zantac and Pariet please.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #78
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Aussiegirl - so you are taking Zantac and Pariet which reduce the amount of acid in the stomach. Do you know for sure if you have excess acid in the stomach, have you been tested for it, do you get acid reflux? Have these 2 drugs helped your nausea do you think?
I too have an extremely healthy diet and I take 30mgs of Mirtazapine but I still feel there is something wrong somewhere, it is just that doctors haven't found it yet, that is why I am interested in Human Probiotic Infusion done by Prof Borody.
Anyway, I would be very interested to hear your answers regarding Zantac and Pariet please.
hi,
when i had the endoscopy, they said i had mild chronic gastritis. i do get reflux sometimes. i read one study where they said more than half the cases of chronic idiopathic nausea were successfully treated when the patients took reflux drugs,. i think you should definitely be taking drugs like zantac and pariet ( or nexium). they dont have side effects and it might help.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #79
(male)

Quote:
hi,
when i had the endoscopy, they said i had mild chronic gastritis. i do get reflux sometimes. i read one study where they said more than half the cases of chronic idiopathic nausea were successfully treated when the patients took reflux drugs,. i think you should definitely be taking drugs like zantac and pariet ( or nexium). they dont have side effects and it might help.
Hi Aussiegirl- when I had my two endoscopy's they didn't have any gastritis. However I am very interested in this study you found. Do you think you could tell me where I can find it so I can show to my doctor please?
I have been on PPI's for about 3 weeks but they made no difference. But maybe the study you found had a different dosage level.
Thanks for your help.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #80
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Hi Aussiegirl- when I had my two endoscopy's they didn't have any gastritis. However I am very interested in this study you found. Do you think you could tell me where I can find it so I can show to my doctor please?
I have been on PPI's for about 3 weeks but they made no difference. But maybe the study you found had a different dosage level.
Thanks for your help.

here is the study, its only a small sample but its interesting. I take 20mgs pariet and 300 mgs of zantac so thats a fairly big dose.
http://www.annals.org/content/126/9/704.full
i found out yesterday that i do have a problem with my pituary gland. not sure if that is the cause of the nausea or just another issue. but im going to stick on all the medications as i am feeling better and i dont want to go backwards.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #81
(male)

Quote:
here is the study, its only a small sample but its interesting. I take 20mgs pariet and 300 mgs of zantac so thats a fairly big dose.
http://www.annals.org/content/126/9/704.full
i found out yesterday that i do have a problem with my pituary gland. not sure if that is the cause of the nausea or just another issue. but im going to stick on all the medications as i am feeling better and i dont want to go backwards.
Aussiegirl2 - brilliant, thanks for this, I am going to show it to my GI doctor.
With regard to the pituitary gland I saw one of the top Endocrinologists in the UK and he told me that issues with the pituitary gland can certainly cause nausea so maybe this might be a long term solution for you. Keep me posted with your results. Good luck.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:36 AM   #82
(male)

Have any other people who have posted here in the past with Chronic Idiopathic Nausea found any solutions, some updates would be great?

Last edited by idkwia; 04-23-2010 at 03:37 AM.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #83
(female)

nilawolfe2 HB User

I was on Phenergan 20mg from october 09 until Feb or march 2010 when my doc switched me to Zofran/Compazine 4mg. Nausea has worsened to almost daily in the past few weeks. I switched meds b/c phenergan knocks me out. I'll never forget spending July 4th asleep due to the Phenergan. I've never vomited- only nausea. Reglan only gives me the runs. When I feel really bad Cheez Its & regular sprite & zofran/compazine of course help me. Best of luck.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:37 AM   #84
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilawolfe2 View Post
I was on Phenergan 20mg from october 09 until Feb or march 2010 when my doc switched me to Zofran/Compazine 4mg. Nausea has worsened to almost daily in the past few weeks. I switched meds b/c phenergan knocks me out. I'll never forget spending July 4th asleep due to the Phenergan. I've never vomited- only nausea. Reglan only gives me the runs. When I feel really bad Cheez Its & regular sprite & zofran/compazine of course help me. Best of luck.
Nilawolfe2 - sorry to hear your trouble with nausea. Did the Phenergan get rid of your nausea? Also how much Zofran and Compazine do you take and does it help? Do you use flatened Sprite or is it still fizzy?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #85
(male)

magyar2009 HB User

Hello

It's been a while since I posted. My nausea continues but I cant figure out wether or not it is related to anxiety or nerves. I was prescribed Celexa just yesterday so I will keep you posted with the effects of that. About a month and a half ago I tried taking HCL Betaine (Hydrochloric Acid) suspecting I have low stomach acid output, or none. It certainly helped my mood 100% and had feelings that the nausea could go away at any moment but it did not. It might be something to look into. I am still convinced that it is playing a role one way or another. In my case I believe that it started out as nausea and I have developed some anxiety over the years which is now also playing a role since nausea is an effect of anxiety. It is also a possibility that smoking is playing a role also although I have quit for a few months in the past it did not help but I was also not taking the HCL Betaine. Which is my next plan. In my case I believe the nausea came first and then the anxiety which is now moving in circles. There is a place about an hour from me which conducts the Heidelberg PH test (a test to determine the stomachs acid output) which is around $275.00 that I will be having done in the next couple of weeks. I will update. There is lots of information about this online.

I believe that everyones condition here is tied together one way or another and if we work together and share information we can find a solution.

Does anyone smoke? Does Driving in a car make it worse? Does temperature make it worse sometimes? Does excersice make it worse? Do you wake up in the middle of the night with nausea?

The healthy sick, 17 years and counting

Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #86
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Hi Ya'll

I have read all the posts on this thread and I am surprised that no one has tried a Holistic approach.

I have used homeopathic medicine for over 35 years and the best remedy that I have ever used for Nausea from any unknown cause or known cause is --Ipecacuanha 30X or 6X taken as needed. BTY there is no side effects at this potency.

The main guiding symptom for this remedy is pesistant nausea and vomiting.

Nausea is a basis problem with the pneumogastric nerve-- producing spasmodic irritation of the stomach and chest.

You folks that live in the UK readily have available homeopathic remedies. And, here in the USA it is available at most health food stores.

I wish you all well--- Harry

Last edited by Harry; 04-30-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Typos

Old 05-01-2010, 05:22 AM   #87
(male)

magyar2009 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
Hi Ya'll

I have read all the posts on this thread and I am surprised that no one has tried a Holistic approach.

I have used homeopathic medicine for over 35 years and the best remedy that I have ever used for Nausea from any unknown cause or known cause is --Ipecacuanha 30X or 6X taken as needed. BTY there is no side effects at this potency.

Nausea is a basis problem with the pneumogastric nerve-- producing spasmodic irritation of the stomach and chest.

You folks that live in the UK readily have available homeopathic remedies. And, here in the USA it is available at most health food stores.

Hi Harry

Thank you for your advice, I will look into Lpecacuanha (which I thought was an emetic). I cant speak for everyone on this thread but my intentions are to find a source of the nausea. Continually treating the symptom of nausea is not going to resolve the underlying cause.

I am trying to employ Homeopathic and traditional medice which is a little difficult especially when talking to doctors. (whom I have just about given up on)

Thank you again for the information

Old 05-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #88
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magyar2009 View Post
Hello

It's been a while since I posted. My nausea continues but I cant figure out wether or not it is related to anxiety or nerves. I was prescribed Celexa just yesterday so I will keep you posted with the effects of that. About a month and a half ago I tried taking HCL Betaine (Hydrochloric Acid) suspecting I have low stomach acid output, or none. It certainly helped my mood 100% and had feelings that the nausea could go away at any moment but it did not. It might be something to look into. I am still convinced that it is playing a role one way or another. In my case I believe that it started out as nausea and I have developed some anxiety over the years which is now also playing a role since nausea is an effect of anxiety. It is also a possibility that smoking is playing a role also although I have quit for a few months in the past it did not help but I was also not taking the HCL Betaine. Which is my next plan. In my case I believe the nausea came first and then the anxiety which is now moving in circles. There is a place about an hour from me which conducts the Heidelberg PH test (a test to determine the stomachs acid output) which is around $275.00 that I will be having done in the next couple of weeks. I will update. There is lots of information about this online.

I believe that everyones condition here is tied together one way or another and if we work together and share information we can find a solution.

Does anyone smoke? Does Driving in a car make it worse? Does temperature make it worse sometimes? Does excersice make it worse? Do you wake up in the middle of the night with nausea?

The healthy sick, 17 years and counting
Magyar - you asked about smoking, temp., exercise, etc. I assume you get nauseous at these times. If so have you been tested for a autonomic problem as symptoms for what you describe may indicate an issue in this area. In addition maybe you should investigate POTS Syndrome.
Either way keep us posted on your progress.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #89
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
Hi Ya'll

hi
im in australia and i have found a place that sells a mixture with Ipecauanha in it so i have bought it today. thanks for your advice.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #90
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

aussiegirl,

Thanks for your responce.

In your country you should be able to find homeopathic remedies. Make sure it is Ipecacuanha in a low homeopathic dose 6X -- or 30X and labelled as such and it will cure nausea & vomiting. It has been used many--many years-- since 1870 for that use.

But, in regular medicine syrup of Ipecac is used for the exactly opposite -- to induce vomiting. As magyar said-- it is an emetic. So, make sure you buy and take the correct remedy!!

By the way Magyar,
As you may know -- Chronic Idiopatic -- means pesistant unknown cause. It would be great to find a cause for some cases of nausea but medical science just labels some disoders as unknown/ idiopathic and lets it go. I wish you well but you just may never find what you are searching for.

The last bottle of Homeopathic-- Ipecacuanha 30X --250 tablets (4 per dose) I bought cost less than $5. I think it worth a try.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 05-03-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Additions

Closed Thread