It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #91
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User
Re: Anyone with Chronic idiopathic nausea?

hi harry
i found one called 'vomiplex' which has equal parts of aethusa, antim crud, calc carb, cocculus, ignatia, ipecacuanha 5c, petroleum, tabacum
it is in a base of ethanol ( alcohol)
i tried it yesterday but i was feeling pretty sick (before i used it) and i dont think it helped.
what's your view?

Old 05-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #92
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

aussiegirl,

The only info that I could find is that Vomiplex is a homeopathic remedy used for morning sickness.

I am a beleiver is classical Homeopathy-- using only one remedy at a time.

I don't know what Vomiplex would do since I am not familiar with it or have ever used it.
Also-- is it suppose to be used as a spay?

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 05-05-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Addition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #93
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

yes its a spray under the tongue. but maybe i will see if i can just get the one you suggested

Old 05-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #94
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

hi idikwka
if you get this message let me know. i had the opportunity to speak to thomas borody today and want to let u know what he said.
hope u are ok

Old 06-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #95
(female)

nausea queen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungee3006 View Post
Hi guys. This is my first time posting, Im looking for people with chronic idiopathic nausea. Having recently been "diagnosed" after 3 years of terrible sympotoms, Im looking for others with this disorder. I can find barely any information online, and it seems that there are no recognised treatment plans. Just trial and error.
Its not strictly a digestive disorder, but with the symptom being nausea, I guess this is the board that would most closely fit.
I am taking:
Amitryplinine (with the hope it can prevent the nausea)
Metoclopramide (to eleviate symptoms)
Zofran (for a rescue remedy for bad nausea)

Anyone else going through this? And how are you managing your symptoms?
Trial and error and try to treat the symptoms. It seems to be the same with the others that have posted. I am taking Reglan, Prilosec, and low dose Sinequan.
I have tried Phenergan, Zofran, and Antivert.
I have never vomited with this condition. I have tried no fiber, low fiber and normal diets, with no differences noticed. I too, have been awakened at 4:00 AM with extreme nausea. During the past 3 years, I have seen over 20 doctors.
One diagnosis is gastroparesis, but the GI doc's agree that that is NOT the cause of my nausea.
Another diagnosis is "IDIOPATHIC AUTONOMIC NEUROPATHY" or dysfuntion of the automatic nervous system. I was tested by two syncope clinics to arrive at this revelation. Nice to have a diagnosis, but no successful treatments for the nausea.
My next step is try acupuncture. Has anyone tried that with or without success?

...Nausea Queen

Last edited by nausea queen; 06-19-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #96
(female)

superwoman22 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl2 View Post
hi,
when i had the endoscopy, they said i had mild chronic gastritis. i do get reflux sometimes. i read one study where they said more than half the cases of chronic idiopathic nausea were successfully treated when the patients took reflux drugs,. i think you should definitely be taking drugs like zantac and pariet ( or nexium). they dont have side effects and it might help.
Yes, yes, yes Nexium and any PPI have immediate side effects and long term side effects. I don't have time right now but please be informed before taking a PPI. The Acid Reflux board has alot of information on them.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #97
(male)

idkwia HB Useridkwia HB User

Aussiegirl2 - I have just seen your post about Prof Borody, sorry I missed it earlier. What did he have to say, have you seen him? Also how are you doing now?

Nausea Queen - I have had 34 sessions of acupuncture as well as Chinese herbal medicine. I am still under treatment but no major change as yet. The Chinese doctor is still adamant that he can cure me.
BTW, gastroparesis can cause nausea I believe.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #98
(female)

nausea queen HB User

Thanks for the info on acupunture. My 1st appt is Tuesday.
I have had several stomach emptying test, with each successive test resulting as slower than the last. A possible note of interest: I had Botox injections in my Pylorus to relax and widen the lower stomach. It did not help the emptying or the nausea.
At first, all of the GI docs stated that my nausea was due to the G.P. But after additional testing, all GI docs have said that my nausea is NOT from the G.P. These docs are in different states and clinics and have reached conclusions indepenently.
At this point it is still idiopathic.
My local internist said that I am only his second patient with this condition, so that is why he recommend the clinics.
...Nausea Queen

Old 06-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #99
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

hi idwika and nausea queen

one set of doctors thought i had a problem with my pituary gland but that now appears wrong.
i saw dr borody and he has prescribed two antibiotics - vancomycin and rifaxamin. i have to take them for 3 weeks. ive taken them for 1 week and i feel about the same.

nausea queen i get acupuncture every two weeks and it is great for probably 12 hours afterwards. i find it very relaxing though. so its worth it.
what is a syncope clinic? Have you tried tricyclic antidepressants to stop the nausea?

im on 70 mg of amitryptline (at night). i also find a gluten free diet is helping somewhat though i do not have celiac disease.

nausea queen and idwika we seem to be in the same situation .. we must find a solution!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:47 AM   #100
(female)

nausea queen HB User

Quote:

one set of doctors thought i had a problem with my pituary gland but that now appears wrong.
i saw dr borody and he has prescribed two antibiotics - vancomycin and rifaxamin. i have to take them for 3 weeks. ive taken them for 1 week and i feel about the same.

nausea queen i get acupuncture every two weeks and it is great for probably 12 hours afterwards. i find it very relaxing though. so its worth it.
what is a syncope clinic? Have you tried tricyclic antidepressants to stop the nausea?

im on 70 mg of amitryptline (at night). i also find a gluten free diet is helping somewhat though i do not have celiac disease.

nausea queen and idwika we seem to be in the same situation .. we must find a solution!
Hi,
Syncope is the brief loss of consciousness and posture caused by a temporary decreased in blood flow to the brain. At the clinic they try to identify the cause.
My local doc diagnosed me with ORTHOSTATIC HYPOTENSION and referred me to a syncope clinic. Their diagnosis for me is AUTONOMIC NEROPATHY or dysfunction of the ANS, autonomic nervous system. The cause for my neropathy is idiopathic. Current blood pressure swings have moderated, due to trial and error with the meds.

One GI doc prescribed 20 mg Doxepin, a tricyclic for my nausea. My nausea seems to vary day to day like a roller coaster. I am having about two days out of seven that I can somewhat function.
Before I visited the syncope clinics, I was tested for Amyloidosis and multiple myoloma. Have you had a SPEP blood test?
...Nausea Queen

Old 06-21-2010, 05:16 AM   #101
(male)

Quote:

Aussiegirl2 - Well done for seeing Borody. When I originally mentioned it you gave the impression that he was not well thought of in Australia.
Anyway, after you have taken the anti-biotics are you going to go ahead with the faecal transplantation? I am seriously thinking about this and that is why I am so keen to learn more.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #102
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

hi nausea q and idwika
I have not had a SPEP test or been tested for amyloidosis. From the net it seems SPEP is a test to see if a patients has multiple myeloma. I havent really gone down that track...
would unexplained nausea be enough to suggest multiple myeloma?

Idwika, I'm going to stay on the antibiotics for another two weeks and then see how I am feeling. I felt ok yesterday but today i dont really feel well ( although I am at work)
Prof Borody is unconventional.. the medical profession is very conservative and he doesnt fit their mould. the fecal transplant is an option down the track if nothing else works.

before i do that though, i want a gastic empyting test, and a gall bladder function test to rule out those two things as a cause. Have either of you had those tests done?

nausea queen, have u tried amitryptline? Im on 70 mgs now at night, it helps the nausea but makes me spaced out during the day..

aussiegirl2

Old 06-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #103
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

also i wanted to ask you both whether you had tried homoepathy or relief bands which you wear on your wrist which emit a current.

(also nausea q i forgot your earlier postings that u had had the gastric emptying studies done)

Old 06-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #104
(male)

I tried homeopathy last year for 4 months but did not help. I have just been to another homeopathic hospital and so I am trying again.
I tried the sea bands that you wear on the wrist but they didn't help, but I have not tried the bands that emit a charge of some sort.
I had a gastric emptying test done and it was normal.
I have not had a SPEP test presumably because I would be having other symptoms if I had a problem in that regard.

Aussiegirl2, Nauseaqueen and anyone else did your nausea just start or wwas there any trigger?

Aussiegirl2, let me know how the antibiotics go as I am very interested in this and the treatment with Borody. I cannot help but feel that my problem is down to some bad bacteria or parasite in my gut as my stomach feels as one would with a stomach bug.

Last edited by idkwia; 06-22-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #105
(female)

nausea queen HB User

HI,
My nausea began slowly and I have never vomited. It incresased to a point that I changed doctors. The new doc ordered the stomach emptying test which showed that I emptied a 'little' slower than the norm. Thus, I started a daily Reglan. I went for a year or more with no further problems. The doc thought that I should discontinue the Reglan and try something else. (We should have left well enough alone.) After several trials and errors, I've been back on Reglan for almost two years, but without total relief. Last year, I was hospitalized for dehydration. The docs thought that I was dehydrated because of the nausea. I wasn't. That is when I was diagnosed with orthostatic hypotention and I was refered to oncologists and a syncope clinic. My blood pressure is somewhat under control, but the nausea continues.
...Nausea Queen

Closed Thread