It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
(female)

yolanda88 HB User
feeling bloated, very full, cant eat much

Ive been feeling very bloated and constantly full even without eating anything for the last few weeks, when i do try and eat i just feel sick after wards, what could be the reason for this? I'm only 20 and have never had any problems before it just happened suddenly? Any help would be apreciated, thanks!

Old 11-20-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

Melissa333 HB User
Re: feeling bloated, very full, cant eat much

It sounds like it could be gastroparesis. I had the same symptoms and my gastroenterologist sent me for a gastric emptying study. They just have you eat a scrambled egg with a radioactive tracer in it (which you can not taste) and after you eat it, you lay on a table and a machine watches how long it takes for the food to leave your stomach. Gastroparesis is when your stomach doesn't work well and the food sits in your stomach for a long time. Feeling full after just one bit of food, abdomnial bloating and nausea are some of the most common symptoms. You should look at the gastroparesis threads and see if this is something you'll want to talk to the doctor about. Gastroparesis has a few causes (diabetis, surgery), but 40% (I think that's the number) of people have gastroparesis with no known cause, called idiopathic gastroparesis. You can be healthy as a horse and then BAM. There was a guy on one of the threads that talked about always saying he had an iron stomach and could eat anything, until one day he started having the nausea and fullness and he was diagnosed with gastroparesis.

Check out the threads and see if they help; I hope they do and I hope you start to feel better soon! Eat smaller meals until you can get things checked out by a doctor, you will notice a huge difference!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
(female)

weasley HB User

I could not eat when I started having gallbladder trouble. I had no stones so it was difficult to diagnose. I could eat maybe two or three bites of food. If nothing else shows up please have the Dr.'s check your gallbladder.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
(female)

kimmiebee HB User

I have been in the same boat as you are. I was so bloated I looked like I was 7 months pregnant. I could only eat a few bites and then I was full. Also, I felt nausea and I had diaherra. My doc did some blood work and I had the bacteria H-Pylori, I was put on 2 antibiotics and Previcid and Pepto, it has only been 3 days but my symptoms are getting better. I just hope they continue. Good Luck to you!

Closed Thread