It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

troubled_teen12 HB User
Nausea, Bloating, Gas, Diarrhea... Help?

Hi, I'm a twenty year old and I've been having some stomach issues lately. On saturday night I felt really sick, and really nauseous and tried to sleep it off, but by early on sunday morning I was feeling absolutely horrible and ended up throwing up two times. I slept pretty much the rest of the day, monday I felt a little bit better, but on tuesday I started feeling bad again, and had new symptoms added. My stomach was very bloated and almost poking out abnormally, it hurt, and I was having diarrhea. On wednesday I felt the same with a little bit of nausea added in every once in a while and I barely ate much because I felt super full all day long and not very hungry. Then this morning i woke up feeling nauseous and the nausea eventually went away and I started burping a lot and every single time I've burped it has this wierd taste, not a very pleasant taste. I've brushed my teeth several times and ate different foods but my burps still taste/smell the same wierd way. I don't really know how to describe it. It kind of reminds me if I've been really sick or something. Maybe it's kind of a throw up taste, but I"m not sure. It's kind of sour and bitter. But it's been happening ALL day long. From 10:00 this morning when I woke up and even now I"m still burping and it's that same smell. So it seems that I have diarrhea, nausea, bloating, strange gas and I"m not really sure what to do for it. My mom bought me this Phillips Colon health stuff that is supposed to help with digestion but I'm not for sure exactly what to do about this. I've had diarrhea since monday, so it's been about 4 days of that. I'm also on my period so I was thinking that the bloating could be in part by that, but it's no bloating that I have EVER experienced during my period. It's like, "severe bloating".

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I haven't had any carbonated beverages or sodas or anything to explain the burping. I've only drank water and gatorade today. And another thing, my stomach will sometimes gurgle for several minutes, like maybe 30 minutes. It's a wierd type of "gurgling". It isn't hungry gurgling or like I have to go to the bathroom necessarily, it just gurgles and rumbles and feels like something's going on in there. I'm not sure if it's gas or whatnot.

Last edited by troubled_teen12; 01-01-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
(male)

RYDER2008 HB User
Re: Nausea, Bloating, Gas, Diarrhea... Help?

I looked up some help for you and came up with acid reflux . some of the symptoms are eggy or sulfer taste(what matches smell like when they burn). You should go see a gastroligist . Your stomache acid if not slowed will eventually burn your esopaghus.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
(female)

meganhope HB User

I am 16, and have been having the same symptoms. It will hit me at random times, and it's very aggravating and often painful. I feel like i have to throw up after i eat, i have diarrhea, constipation basically any type of bowl movements. My pediatrician told me that i had IBS. He gave me an acid reflux medicine, and a fiber-con. It worked for a while but is now acting up again, I went back to the doctor and she is now testing me for Crohns disease, and a list of other things.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi Everyone, You all sound like you have some sort of AR/GERD going on, that's what I have and these are my symptoms. Bloating/Gas/Noisy Stomach/ Nausea/ Belching/Wind and Indigestion. I know what I have because I have been diagnosed. You should see your DR for a proper diagnoses. If not corrected the AR can cause other problems. If OTC medication does not help you will more than likely be prescribed PPIs to correct the Acid production. All the best, Solofelix.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
(female)

runawaygeni HB User

This could be as simple as a food allergy, check out CELIAC DISEASE. It causes all of the symptoms you have, those are usually diagnosed as Irritable Bowel Syndrome but, try this for one week (give up all wheat, rye, and barley products) and if the symptoms disappear then ask for a simple blood test will confirm or deny that illness (tell your doctor that there are two different tests and no biopsy is necessary). I seriously thought after having those miserable symptoms for over a year, that bowel or rectal cancer could in my future. Scary huh? Since I eliminating those food items I haven't had any symptoms at all and my energy level went up!

Closed Thread