It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
Results of endoscopy

I had an endoscopy done about 4 weeks ago and now I am starting to really panic at the results. The doctor went over the results with me and my huband and of course I was still a little out of it so I can't remember much. He gave a me a piece of paper that showed images he took during the endoscopy and I am really really worried about one of them.
One of the pictures he took was of the cardia, the opening from your esophagus to your stomach. It is very swollen, very red, dark red in places, and "puffy" looking around the edges. What really looks scary at the top of the picture the images are dark and I can't tell if its just in the shade when the endoscopy light didn't take the image of if my intestine/esophagus whatever it is, is really dark and black.
I got the results back and he says I have esophilitic esophagitis and didn't want to try dilating with the risk of tearing my esophagus so he gave me an inhaler to take and use to see if it can loosen up strictures that he found in two spots in my esophagus but that was all.
If these dark spots on the cardia were of concern or if were cancer would the doctor have told me? I am really scared!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread