It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 02:19 AM   #1
(male)

Cosmicbunny HB User
recurrent bloating- please help

I am and 24 year old male, in good health with a very healthy diet. Back in April i had a stomach bug which lasted about 2 days. Since then I have been having a problem with a severly bloated stomach. The bloating/distension will last for about a week, then my stomach will go back to being completely flat for a week before experincing the bloating again. I also sometimes expereince constipation when suffering an "attack" of bloating but I beleive this is because I am not able to eat as much as I normally would when I am in a normal state. I have been to the doctor and they have put it down to IBS, Im not entirely convinced about this as this is the only symptom I experience!!! I eat a high fibre diet, e.g all-bran for breakfast, only eat brown rice etc. I have tried a wheat free diet but i struggle to cut out the bran as i tend to get constipated without it, so I have cut out all wheat from my diet except the bran. I did have a problem with bloating previously with similar symptoms but this cured itself when i added the bran to my diet, and have eaten the same way for about 3 years without a problem (usually have 2 large BM's a day)

Could anyone offer any advice, im starting to get really depressed about it its like im losing a whole week of my life each time I get bloated! I used to really active and go the gym at least 3 times a week, when I am bloated I feel lathargic and uncomfortable and struggle to even get up!! I have run out of ideas, I don not eat any dairy, I have tried Gluten free, and I have tried digestive enzymes/ probiotic yoghurts. On top of this I struggle to eat well when I am bloated as it gets too uncomfortbale so I am starting to lose weight, Im really starting to worry about this now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Tom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread