It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

hhmom81 HB User
Endoscopy necessary?

Hi, I'm looking for some opinions here. In December I had my gall bladder removed. I had "debris" plus it wasn't functioning properly. It came about because of pain I was having. Well, since my surgery I have issues with nausea and having to go to the bathroom almost immediately after eating.
Well, I went to a follow up with my surgeon who said all this was normal for about 6 weeks after surgery. But since it was still an issue he referred me back to my GI Dr. He said that the bathroom issues were normal for about 6months. Also I've been having similar pains in the same area I had before I had my gall bladder removed. But he wants me to have an Endoscopy. My husband seems to think I need a second opinion and that the Dr is just trying to make money. Any thoughts or opinions on this??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
(female)

Forensicmom HB User
Re: Endoscopy necessary?

Your husband sounds just like mine.

I know several people that had the bathroom issues for up to a year after gallbladder removal (sorry!). I was fortunate that I didn't really have that problem, just occasionally within the first few weeks.

I would highly recommend the endoscopy. I also have lots of nausea and other issues after having the gallbladder removed (almost 2 years now). I just had my upper endoscopy last month. It showed high levels of acid and/or bile in my stomach so I've been taken Nexium for almost 2 weeks now. There's no relief yet but I've been told to wait at least a month or 2.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
(female)

hhmom81 HB User

Hi thank you for your reply. Would that have been something caused after your gall bladder was removed? Or is it likely it was there before? I'm just asking because the nausea problem I never had an issue with really before my surgery.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #4
(female)

Forensicmom HB User

I think in your case it vey well might caused from having the gallbladder out, but there's still a possibility that it was there before and just not noticed. Now that your gallbladder is out, it might have made things worse.

Unfortunately, I'm finding so many people that have their gallbladder's removed unecessarily and wind up having problems. I honestly wish that I had tried a few more things and not been so desperate for relief. I had no stones at all, it was just sludge according to the dr. But I felt like I was going to vomit 24/7 for a few months and jumped when the dr said my gallbladder wasn't working in hopes that that was my cause.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
(female)

hhmom81 HB User

Well, I had my endoscopy this morning. That was an interesting experience. My Dr. said I do have reflux. But he is not confident apparently that is what is causing my issues. He set up for me to have an x-ray Monday of my lower intestines. At least that is what I understood him to say shortly after coming out of anestesia. He prescribed me Nexium. so I guess we'll see.

Closed Thread