It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #1
(female)

dlindquist83 HB User
Been having severe stomach pain and feeling sick to stomach

I have been through hell and back with all my troubles. I went into the ER last night with severe stomach pain, I have felt really sick to stomach for a week, cant eat anything at all (havent actually thrown up) but when the food hits my stomach I feel instant pain. I had a Barrium xray study done this morning and they said everything looks normal but they cant always see ulcers on the scan. They basically gave me IV fluids, I've been taking acid reducers and they gave me that through IV and some anti-nasuea medication in my IV. I also get a bad burning sensation in my right side of my chest, under my breast as if someone put warm liquid in my chest (acid reflux meds dont help). They tested my gall bladder and liver etc and said it was fine. What would your guess be?? I was given vicodin and told to rest and take it and it would "pass".

Old 03-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #2
(female)

scarolinagirl HB User
Re: Been having severe stomach pain and feeling sick to stomach

Do you have pain that radiates to your back with this nausea?

Honestly, I dislike the ER after my experience with them. They sent me home under the same circumstances and low and behold, I was back with them in a week having emergency surgery because a stone had blocked my bile duct because my gallbladder was full of stones.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
(female)

dlindquist83 HB User
Re: Been having severe stomach pain and feeling sick to stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarolinagirl View Post
Do you have pain that radiates to your back with this nausea?

Honestly, I dislike the ER after my experience with them. They sent me home under the same circumstances and low and behold, I was back with them in a week having emergency surgery because a stone had blocked my bile duct because my gallbladder was full of stones.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.
I was completely checked twice for gall bladder problems since that is exactly what all my symptoms point towards. My best friend had this same thing. I still cant figure it out and in the meantime I cant even eat or sleep. I get pounding in my head and chest when I lay down and my heart is beating 100+ bpm with a normal blood pressure.

Closed Thread