It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jema X HB User
Dilated Common Bile Duct - ERCP recommended to find cause. Help?

Hi, I had a liver resection for the removal of a (benign) tumour and my gallbladder in June last year. I have been suffering bad URQ pain in the last few months. First CT scan in August was clear then had one on thursday last week which shows that my common bile duct is >10mm and very dilated for my age, also 2 small cysts and enlarged appendix (this is not the cause of my pain and is irrelevant).
My liver surgeon is concerned, I haven't seen him yet though, and has said that he needs to examine the scans and do an ERCP to try and determine the cause.
Has anyone here experienced CBD dilation and what can I expect from an ERCP?
Thanks so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jema X HB User
Re: Dilated Common Bile Duct - ERCP recommended to find cause. Help?

liver surgeon appointment tomorrow, does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
(female)

angelarenees HB User

I experienced common bile duct dilation after my gallbladder was removed, but the surgeon said that was normal after just having that type surgery. I just had a ERCP a month ago and for me personally I had pain and cramping and not much of an appetite for about a week after the procedure. I had a sphincterotomy done with my ERCP. You might not experience the symptoms I did if you don't have to have a sphincterotomy done. Good luck to you!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User
Smile Re: Dilated Common Bile Duct - ERCP recommended to find cause. Help?

I had an ERCP this past Tuesday for Inflamed bile ducts and enlarged liver and pancreas. I was having really bad pains in my back on the right side and in the front right side. The Dr. found allot of sandy granduals in the ducts which he scraped out. I too had my gallbladder removed in 2006 and I haven't had any problems since then. I had no problems from the ERCP and I was totally asleep. I feel so much better since I had that done. I had missed 3 weeks of work and now I'm going back on Friday. I think everyone reacts a little differently. I also have Diverticulitis and a Hiatul Hernia, so I'm getting things fixed one by one.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #5
(female)

HopeFloats7 HB User

I was asleep for my ERCP. After your sedated they put you on your stomach. When I woke up I felt great, I immediately felt better. I had a little bit of stomach cramps the first 3-4 days after the ERCP and that was all. After that I felt good and normal.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:06 AM   #6
(male)

ptkmnk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jema X View Post
Hi, I had a liver resection for the removal of a (benign) tumour and my gallbladder in June last year. I have been suffering bad URQ pain in the last few months. First CT scan in August was clear then had one on thursday last week which shows that my common bile duct is >10mm and very dilated for my age, also 2 small cysts and enlarged appendix (this is not the cause of my pain and is irrelevant).
My liver surgeon is concerned, I haven't seen him yet though, and has said that he needs to examine the scans and do an ERCP to try and determine the cause.
Has anyone here experienced CBD dilation and what can I expect from an ERCP?
Thanks so much
ULTRASOUND REPORT

FOLLOUP CASE OF cholecystectomy. CBD IS IRREGULAR & Dilated nearly 9.44 in caliber abnormal soft tissue content of 10.3 mm X 5.5 mm is present in the proximal CBD Dilated CBD shows an 26 X 24 mm shoft tissue lesion which is appearing like a mass proxmial Dilated of the billiburm duck is seen.

Closed Thread