It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Lower right abdominal pain

I've been having quite a bit of lower right abdominal pain/ discomfort for the last week. It is uncomfortable to the touch, but there is no searing pain. I've been trying to decide if it is worth going to the doctor for or if I should just wait to see if it subsides or gets worse.

I was officially diagnosed with IBS "D" last October so this is still fairly new to me. At the time, that was my only IBS symptom. A few months ago, it changed to IBS "A" and I started getting some stomach spasms. These spasms have been all across my abdomen, not concentrated on any one area. I've been taking antispasmotics at night because the pain usually hits in the morning. This current pain is basically lasting all day, although the severity of it comes and goes.

Is it normal to have abdominal spasms concentrated in just one area with IBS? Is it typical for IBS symptoms to change so much? Am I right to assume this is just IBS or should I be worried about other things?

Other factors I'm dealing with: I had a Nissen Fundoplication last October. My reflux symptoms have been under control since, but I do have intermittent nausea that I didn't have before. Not sure if the nausea is IBS or NF related. Following an IBS and anti-Reflux diet--basically avoiding foods that are known triggers. Been trying to eat high fiber for the last 8 months. Colonoscopy showed mild diverticulosis, otherwise OK. Endoscopy showed no concerns which was amazing because I have severe reflux. So much so that I'm still on twice a day PPI's even after the Nissen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread