It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
All these tests and nothing has showed up - what do I do??

Here I am again posting my problem about my gallbladder removal. I had it removed 8 months ago. After the second month I started to have episodes of nausea, belching, cramps that lead to diarrehea, soreness in stomach area. The nausea was the worst. I would have a little of heartburn. Anyway, I had a h-ploria test, a complete blood profile, liver enzymes perfect, a complete physical, MRCP xray to check to see if any stones were left behind, and I tried every prescription for acid reflux and none of it worked.

So I went to see my gasterologist again today because I had an episode over the weekend of nausau, and belching, bloatness. He handed me a sheet for endoscopy test. He felt my stomach which was sore to the touch. He treated me like I was hyprochondriack because I kept telling him "by losing the weight I am for not wanting to eat will I get sick" he said no, you will be fine - just relax - you nerves will kill you faster.

I just want to know what is wrong with me and I am worried they won't find anything and then I have to live with this problem.

I have had stress in the past but it never caused me nausea like this. I don't eat fried or oily foods with fat. I am very health conscounious!

He prescribed me a anti anxiety drug plus a anti nausau pill. This problem only happened after my gall bladder was removed. I will admit this has been a very stressful year for me being sick and then the economy but now I am ok with everything.

Has this happened to anyone?

When I tried to show the doctor that people do have problems after their gall bladder is removed he said that is crazy. The only thing that happens is diarreahea problems. I mentioned Bile Reflux, SOD, IBS and he said NO, no, no. My symptoms are all over the place like I have panic attacks and I make this pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Re: All these test nothing has showed up what do I do??

I don't have any anxiety but I still have a lot of problems since my GB was taken 12/08. I stopped seeing the doctors and now I just deal with the symptoms as they come. I believe I am unable to regulate my bile now, either there is none or too much. I know of no cure for this. It used to cause me anxiety but after having ALL the tests I know it's not anything life threatening. Sometimes my pain is so high I contemplate the ER (and have gone a time or two) but mostly I deal with it at home. It always passes within a few hours or a day or so. I can have a week+ of discomfort but mostly I feel well now.

I have set backs and sometimes think about seeing a GI again, but I don't want to waste my money OR time (and some of those tests are no fun, would not want to repeat). I keep looking for answers myself, but gave up on GIs long ago.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
(female)

bleigh HB User
Re: All these tests and nothing has showed up - what do I do??

Is it possible that you may have celiacs disease or even non celiac gluten sensitivity? Have you tried an elimination diet to see if your symptoms improve? Food intolerance can cause all sorts of symptoms including anxiety and panic. There is some suggestion that gallbladder disease can be caused by a gluten intolerance. I know I have a problem with gluten even though my blood tests all come back negative. My GI doc said that it's common to have negative results (blood and biopsy) even though you have the disease. She said the best thing to do is the elimination diet to see what affects you and alter your diet accordingly. For many people they don't know they have a food allergy/intolerance until they're an adult and diagnosis can be very difficult. There is tons of information on adult celiac symptoms. Anyway, just wanted to suggest something that maybe you haven't thought of....I know how awful it is to be miserable and not know . Doctor's aren't always going to think of illness being related to our diet so it's something you have to check out for yourself. Hope this helps...

Old 06-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
(male)

pitcherred HB User

oh dear, u have some problems my guess is you probably never needed to have your gullbladder pulled.. dont fret you wil be ok - unless ur pounding oily foods....... which doesnt sound like its your problem.. you probably had some stones at one time.. my guess is it sounds like problem is more with the ducts.. from the pancreas and liver.. infact i bet you have a case of pancreatitis i understand about getting sick and losing weitght but i would try to rest your panc.. with no food for about a day and see if u get a little better- then u will need to eat somthing but not to hard on digestion - things like low in fiber.. its not about fats so much -- and bland diet.. but how much work u r making your digestive system to do.. things easy to digest and breakdown are basically best to start with - try some fruit juices// soft or cooked vegitables without skins. go easy on lots of dairy.. -- acid foods are probably not the problem.. if u tried antacids without relief infact u may not have enough acid u can always test for that - with enzymes.. or juices.. citrus..-- forget prescription antacids - try some baking soda.. if u belch after and gfet relief u had too much acid.. -- go easy on sugars they will also work your pancreas.... as well as heavy rich meat or proteins.. after starting with lowfiber and low sugar .. stuff -- u can try to get more varied.. .. anyhow good luck to you

Old 06-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zoegirl

My nausea is so bad I thought of going to the ER too but my gasterologist says don't bother. He won't listen to me about regulating the bile. I was giving him a list of possible test and possible things it could be and he just said "hog wash" - I might try holistic or acupuncture.

Have you had every test under the sun?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcherred View Post
oh dear, u have some problems my guess is you probably never needed to have your gullbladder pulled.. dont fret you wil be ok - unless ur pounding oily foods....... which doesnt sound like its your problem.. you probably had some stones at one time.. my guess is it sounds like problem is more with the ducts.. from the pancreas and liver.. infact i bet you have a case of pancreatitis i understand about getting sick and losing weitght but i would try to rest your panc.. with no food for about a day and see if u get a little better- then u will need to eat somthing but not to hard on digestion - things like low in fiber.. its not about fats so much -- and bland diet.. but how much work u r making your digestive system to do.. things easy to digest and breakdown are basically best to start with - try some fruit juices// soft or cooked vegitables without skins. go easy on lots of dairy.. -- acid foods are probably not the problem.. if u tried antacids without relief infact u may not have enough acid u can always test for that - with enzymes.. or juices.. citrus..-- forget prescription antacids - try some baking soda.. if u belch after and gfet relief u had too much acid.. -- go easy on sugars they will also work your pancreas.... as well as heavy rich meat or proteins.. after starting with lowfiber and low sugar .. stuff -- u can try to get more varied.. .. anyhow good luck to you
Yeah, I had a pancreas test and that was one of the first test I had and came out fine.

white blood count is perfect. I have tried every antacid and now I will try probiotics, and I will try prolosec for heart burn.

I keep a food diary and I will try to see if I am gluton free type.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

My stomach is sore so something has to show up. My mom and my brother both have colititus (spelling?) and they just live with it.

I am keeping a food diary and watching every morsel that goes into my mouth. I am doing meditation as well. Like I said I will try the probiotics and the magnesium and see if that works. I do weigh 265 pounds but I have alot of muscle and I am very active - walking 2 miles a day. I don't know if weight will improve the situation.

The anxiety is mainly because I don't know what I have and nausea makes you feel anxiety. I am depressed because it lasts for a couple of days so I have to stop everything and I have 2 little kids.

Maybe after i have anxiety the adrenline flows in my body and starts all of this. I am so desperate for answers.

I am close to John Hopkins maybe I will go there next.

I do notice in the evening it does settle down???

Old 06-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I also notice my back hurts when I walk alot and it goes up and around where my gallbladder used to be so when I sit down the pain goes away.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi11 View Post
Zoegirl

My nausea is so bad I thought of going to the ER too but my gasterologist says don't bother. He won't listen to me about regulating the bile. I was giving him a list of possible test and possible things it could be and he just said "hog wash" - I might try holistic or acupuncture.

Have you had every test under the sun?
I get severe cramping, like labor at times. My nausea is bad but I wouldn't go to the ER for it. I drink a lot of ginger tea, but the pills the docs give me are the best. I had about 6 months of bad pain under my ribs (left side). It would "attack" and be severe and then just be a dull ache for weeks. The doctors didn't even see me (that time I did call!).

I had all tests except MRCP or ERCP. I had upper/lower series and endoscopies, blood tests for celiac, Crohn's, etc. CT scans, Ultrasounds... They always find something but nothing serious, like small amounts of inflammation or something else that doesn't equate to my symptoms.

I lost 40lbs since they took my GB out and kept it off. It was scary at first because it came off so fast but it did level out. A friend has suggested Natural Response Testing, I just started to research it but I might give it a whirl. There are meds you can take to absorb the bile if you are having diarrhea. Problem is it can cause constipation, so I can't take it since I can easily constipate anyway.

I have on 4 occasions or so had the urge to pass gas only to pass bright yellow liquid (consistency of water). I am guessing this is caused by an over production on bile. Fun stuff, especially if you are out in public!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeGirl View Post
I get severe cramping, like labor at times. My nausea is bad but I wouldn't go to the ER for it. I drink a lot of ginger tea, but the pills the docs give me are the best. I had about 6 months of bad pain under my ribs (left side). It would "attack" and be severe and then just be a dull ache for weeks. The doctors didn't even see me (that time I did call!).

I had all tests except MRCP or ERCP. I had upper/lower series and endoscopies, blood tests for celiac, Crohn's, etc. CT scans, Ultrasounds... They always find something but nothing serious, like small amounts of inflammation or something else that doesn't equate to my symptoms.

I lost 40lbs since they took my GB out and kept it off. It was scary at first because it came off so fast but it did level out. A friend has suggested Natural Response Testing, I just started to research it but I might give it a whirl. There are meds you can take to absorb the bile if you are having diarrhea. Problem is it can cause constipation, so I can't take it since I can easily constipate anyway.

I have on 4 occasions or so had the urge to pass gas only to pass bright yellow liquid (consistency of water). I am guessing this is caused by an over production on bile. Fun stuff, especially if you are out in public!
can you tell me what pills your doc gave you? I will tell my doc. I too pass like a mustard type stool sometimes and I told my doctor and he wasn't concerned. I have lost 50lbs since last year but I can afford to lose it. I tried a powder mix to help with digestion that my doc gave me and it didn't work. I hope this is not in my head. It was so real on Friday when I had the nausea attack. I just wanted relief.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

I think it was Phenergan, but whatever they give you at the hospital is what they were giving me in pills. I haven't had any in a while. I concentrate more on getting relief from the pain than the nausea so I don't bother much with asking for refills on that (but I should). I don't know if it's not supposed to be taken long term, they didn't seem to want me to stay on it.

I do have a running script for Levsin, which is for intestinal cramping. I put one under my tongue when the pain starts. I can't tell if it helps or not because sometimes the pain will stop on it's own anyway. I think it does help some.

I can't afford to lose any weight right now, but the 40 I did lose was just fine. Extra weight I tried for 8 yrs to get off! Gallbladder out and it fell off within 2 months. Nice if it weren't for the pain

BTW I was sick BEFORE they took my GB, for years. So I thought removing it due to non-function was the answer. Definitely made it worse.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

copy.. site was slow to post my last one

Last edited by ZoeGirl; 06-30-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeGirl View Post
I think it was Phenergan, but whatever they give you at the hospital is what they were giving me in pills. I haven't had any in a while. I concentrate more on getting relief from the pain than the nausea so I don't bother much with asking for refills on that (but I should). I don't know if it's not supposed to be taken long term, they didn't seem to want me to stay on it.

I do have a running script for Levsin, which is for intestinal cramping. I put one under my tongue when the pain starts. I can't tell if it helps or not because sometimes the pain will stop on it's own anyway. I think it does help some.

I can't afford to lose any weight right now, but the 40 I did lose was just fine. Extra weight I tried for 8 yrs to get off! Gallbladder out and it fell off within 2 months. Nice if it weren't for the pain

BTW I was sick BEFORE they took my GB, for years. So I thought removing it due to non-function was the answer. Definitely made it worse.

This is what my doctor gave me:

promethazine 25 mg for Nausea - my doctor said this stuff is potent and it should work when you have an episode.

Chlord/clidinium - for anxiety and it slows down digestion

I tried Hyomax that you put under your tongue and it did not work at all.

Today I went to get some prilosac because I haven't tried that gerd medicine yet. I went to GNC and bought Super Acidophilus which has 10 Billion CFU for Bior tract delivery.

I also bought some mineral water which I was told that it helps with nausea.

Then I bought some ginger tea and the GNC womens energy vitamin packs.

My mom said I am going to explode with all this stuff I am taking.

I am going away this weekend and I am afraid I will have an attack. So I am anxiety stricken right now. My back hurts. I am down to the blandess food you can eat. My mind is so occupied with how will I feel tomorrow. I am creating a nervous stomach.

Closed Thread