It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

texasgal1 HB User
Pancreatic Stone

I am not sure if i am posting this on the right board?? On father's day I went to the ER with severe abdominal pain that wrapped around into my back. I was diagnosed with pancreatitis. after staying in the hospital for a few days all was normal. i then had another bout of pancreatitis 2 weeks ago. GI Dr. sent me for an endoscopic ultrasound last week and they found a stone inside of my pancreas. they took it out during the test.

have any of you had this before and more importantly, did you get it again?? dr. said that there is not a known cause for these and that we just have to hope it does not come back??

Old 08-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
(female)

Obergurgl HB User
Re: Pancreatic Stone

I also had a stone but I think it was stuck in a duct - due to the fact that days' earlier I'd had a cholecystectomy and during that procedure a stone had "escaped". I have been led to believe that it will not happen again - maybe because my gallbladder and stones have been totally removed. I was then unlucky enough to develop acute pancreatitis, and was in hospital for nearly 3 weeks. I am now on a very strict low fat diet - which is impossible when you try to eat out. Anyway, have you been put on any specific diet? I am trying in vain to find out how strict a diet I should be on - and is it for life?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obergurgl View Post
I also had a stone but I think it was stuck in a duct - due to the fact that days' earlier I'd had a cholecystectomy and during that procedure a stone had "escaped". I have been led to believe that it will not happen again - maybe because my gallbladder and stones have been totally removed. I was then unlucky enough to develop acute pancreatitis, and was in hospital for nearly 3 weeks. I am now on a very strict low fat diet - which is impossible when you try to eat out. Anyway, have you been put on any specific diet? I am trying in vain to find out how strict a diet I should be on - and is it for life?
What do you eat because I had my gallbladder removed and I am having problems with bile backing up in my stomach which give me indigestion. I am on welchol to bind the bile but I notice I can eat the same item one day and eat it another day and it will bother me??

Old 08-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
(female)

texasgal1 HB User

initially, yes i was on a low fat diet. i just ate a lot of lien cuisine and smart ones. bagel or oatmeal for breakfast and A LOT of baked chicken breasts for dinner. now, they said i could eat what i want. i am maintaining the diet because i am loosing weight on it, which is positive. my concern is developing a stone again. the fact that it formed in the pancreas is supposed to be really rare and the dr. openly said that they do not know why it happened. just curious if others have had this experience and if they developed another one.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:28 AM   #5
(female)

Obergurgl HB User

I am not sure what this "welchol" drug is that you all seem to mention. However, I have been put on Pantozol for one month - is that the same kind of thing? My diet is almost no fat whatsoever, apart from weekends when I eat out as fat seems to slip into every chefs cooking (here in the Middle East anyway - they don't know what healthy cooking is!). As long as I have almost no fat I don't really have a problem - but I'm now worried as to what will happen when I stop this drug.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obergurgl View Post
I am not sure what this "welchol" drug is that you all seem to mention. However, I have been put on Pantozol for one month - is that the same kind of thing? My diet is almost no fat whatsoever, apart from weekends when I eat out as fat seems to slip into every chefs cooking (here in the Middle East anyway - they don't know what healthy cooking is!). As long as I have almost no fat I don't really have a problem - but I'm now worried as to what will happen when I stop this drug.

Welchol is used to lower cholesterol but it is also used for people who have IBS or bile absorption. I no longer have the diarreahea but I have indigestion.

Closed Thread