It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
(male)

NewChivalry HB User
Highly stressed by abdominal pain

About a month ago I felt a pain in my right testicle and behind my groin, that would flare up after masturbation, but disappeared about 2 days later. Then over the course of the next few weeks the pain (which was more like a knot) resurfaced centrally behind my groin, then about two weeks ago I just felt flat out ill and lost my appetite. Within a few days the pain shifted to my lower left abdomen and became constant, and I talked to a walk-in physician (having no health insurance at the moment) who took a urine and blood test, and noted that my throat was red. He prescribed a laxative, to avoid eating for a day, and to only drink Powerade, and that if my condition worsened to go to the E.R. Over the course of the next night the pain increased and worried me to the point that I went to the hospital the next morning. I took additional urine and blood tests, as well as a CT scan, which turned up nothing. The doctor there decided that it was a kind of virus, and prescribed hyoscyamine for the pains and a daily dose of Miralax, on top of a high-fiber diet and added that if the pain did not leave in ten days to see a gastroentorologist.

The medication had a little affect in the beginning, sometimes suppressing the pain altogether, but after a while it just seemed irrelevant. After I stopped taking the meds I hardly noticed a difference, although I've continued with the Miralax.

Now its been about 12 days since, and the pain has remained consistently in my lower left abdomen, feeling bloated and inflamed therein. I occasionally feel lower back pains, and a few days ago red dots appeared around my belly and down my thighs which disappeared after some days passed (which I assume came from all the stress I've been experiencing because of the whole ordeal). Also there is occasional pain in my testes, and sometimes I feel nauseous. My bowel movements (which because of the Miralax have counted about twice a day) have produced smaller stool, but there is no blood. I haven't been peeing blood or vomiting at all and the pain isn't severe but noticeable. I haven't been passing gas as often but I do burp a lot, and I hear a lot of burbling sounds down there. Somedays I wake up with a sore gut all around, and some days its only a light pain on the left, and my appetite is off and on from day-to-day.

This whole thing is stressing me to death, as I'm a chronic worrier, and before I go off to the doctor again I'd like to get some advice on what this can be. Either of the doctors I've seen hinted that it was some kind of virus or irritable bowel condition, but they never pinpointed exactly what it is, and seem uninterested, which above all worries me. I'm 20 years old, a smoker of two years, with a less-than-perfect diet, but not altogether unhealthy. Any advice is appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread