It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

CanadaOrchid HB User
Unhappy Cant remember when my tummy felt 'good'

Ok. So here's my story...

I've had stomach problems since I was a child (i'm 22 now).

First I'd like to say that YES I have been to my doctor and YES I have had ALOT of tests. Blood tests, Colonoscopy (they said my LG intestine was a little bit inflamed, but they have no explanation why), Stomach scope, Celiac test, Diabetes test, thyroid tests, I could go on......all came back negative.

Doctor says that there's nothing wrong with me, except for the GERD I was diagnosed with years ago, which I take Rabeprazole for.

Well. The Rabeprazole worked great. For a few months. Then all my tummy problems came back. Worse. I felt as if I was going to throw up every time evening rolled around...evening. It's ALWAYS worse in the evening. I then tried aloe vera gel. It worked. For a while. Then all the tummy problems came back. Again.

I thought for sure it was celiac. OO when I eat cheerios they make me sick! I have almost all the symptoms. Joint aches, digestive problems, irregular menstrual cycles (sometimes none for months...) hormone problems...but, nope. test: negative.

So HERE is what my problem is at present. I am underweight (almost 20lbs underweight, I CANT gain weight!!!!) I dread evenings. I know my tummy will feel sick. (although by some fluke sometimes it's perfectly fine!) I always get this 'lump' in my throat and it feels like the puke is gonna come up...and doesn't (thank goodness, since I am very emetophobic ) I tend to burp a lot. I tend to have a lot of gas in my stomach that I CANT burp out. I try and try to burp but it just wont come. Sometimes gavascon will help me, but not always. Sometimes it gets so bad I have to take gravol (and then feel high for hours )
During the day I often have this feeling in my abdomen that I have to go to the bathroom. Even after I go, I still feel like I have to go. UGH its SO annoying. I get hypoglycemia symptoms, but the test was negative.

I think my doctor thinks I'm a hypochondriac. She says that I feel sick because I'm underweight. That I need to eat more. I try!! And you know what - this past Christmas I had 4 dinners in a row and I ate a LOT...and get this: LOST WEIGHT! From eating MORE than usual???

I'm getting to the end of my rope. Pardon the pun, but I'm SICK of being SICK!

Please help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

Amber sky HB User
Re: Cant remember when my tummy felt 'good'

I see it's been a long time since you posted here but I wanted to know
If you were able to get the answers you needed for your digestive problem
Because I am going through similar things now with no real
Solution

Old 06-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
(female)

CanadaOrchid HB User

Hello!!

Sorry - your responses were going into my spam folder!

I had a stomach biopsy and colonoscopy for Celiac Disease a few years ago, which turned up nothing. My mistake was that I had gone off of wheat products for several months before the test, and my body had stopped making antibodies against it. You need the antibodies in your system in order for the test to pick them up. Unfortunately, even if I had been eating wheat there is no guarantee that the test would have been be accurate.

If you have been tested for Celiac or Gluten Intolerance and had a NEGATIVE result, that means NOTHING. Many doctors (in North America especially) will tell you the test is accurate, which it is not. I attended a Celiac Disease seminar and found that many people are misdiagnosed for YEARS before they discover what is wrong. If someone has Celiac and does not stop eating wheat, they can do permanent damage to their system.

The symptoms of Celiac disease vary in each individual, making it very hard to diagnose. I suggest you try eliminating EVERY type of wheat, barley and rye-based foods from your diet for about two to three months. If you feel better, chances are gluten is the culprit.

Going off wheat has been one of the BEST decisions I have made. It was hard at first, but I adjusted. Not feeling sick every night was one of my rewards, and I have also gained 15 pounds!

I also have Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (which could have been caused by the Celiac), which I take Rabeprazole for. It helps tremendously as well, now that I have eliminated wheat from my diet.

I have also found that I need to finish greasy, fatty or high-protein meals with an apple, fruit cup or carrot. The enzymes help me to digest.

Last edited by CanadaOrchid; 06-11-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
(female)

CanadaOrchid HB User

PS: I also changed doctors about a year ago. The new doctor is very supportive and agrees with me that I have a gluten intolerance, possibly Celiac.

The Following User Says Thank You to CanadaOrchid For This Useful Post:
Amber sky (06-17-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
(female)

Amber sky HB User

Hello, and thank you for your quick response. I've just been so frustrated and confused about which way to go to get through this. I 've had so many tests that came back normal and doctors that say there's nothing else they can do. I have had blood test colonoscopy,endoscopy, hydrogen breath test,gall bladder scan and ultrasound, ct scan. The doctors did suggest a gluten free diet but everything I eat seems to bother me it feels like gas bubbles in my throat all the time. I've lost about 30 to almost 40 lbs never thought I'd ever want to gain weight as much as I do now. I know i gotta keep trying but its so hard.

thanks again i will try what u said maybe i didnt do it long enough

Closed Thread