It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

HIM HB User
Neck Pain & Food Poisoning

I recently have had a case of some sort of food born illness. What exactly it was, I do not know - the Doctor did not say. My symptoms started out with waking up in the middle of the night with a tight cramp right in the middle of my abdomen, then some seriously gnarly diarrhea kicked in, followed by fever (101 was the highest recorded) and chills, and drenching sweats. Then an odd symptom kicked in that I found troublesome, I started to have severe neck aches. It was on the back of the neck on each side. The doctor didn't know why this was happening, and I am just curious if someone else has had this along with food poisoning. It got extremely sore at times, and other times it wouldn't be so bad. This is one of the symptoms that has lingered thus far. I've been sort of cloudy in the head since this illness. At first I thought the pain might have been from tensing up with the chills, but it would come and go and a muscle ache usually doesn't do that. It would be worse after I woke up most of the time, but other times it wouldn't be so bad. Has anyone else ever experienced this and know what it is caused from? At the moment, I still have a little pain in the neck, but not as bad. It also makes my head thump sometimes if I bend down, lots of pressure. Tummy is A-OK now. I was prescribed Cipro for my troubles.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Closed Thread