It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
(female)

sgilley HB User
Green Poop & Abdominal Pain

About a week ago I had 3 days of severe adominal pain. I don't have a gallbladder, appendix, nor female organs. I went to the doctor and no fever and clear on urine test. He gave me some celebrex and the pain is gone, but i still have had green stools since then. He did a pelvic ultrasound which i'm assuming was clear since I haven't heard any results. So, is this just a normal bug of some kind that will need to run it's course, or something I should continue to check up on?

Old 10-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
(female)

LemonVerbenas HB User
Re: Green Poop & Abodominal Pain

I wouldn't assume that my results were "clear" just because I didn't get a call from the doctor about them. I had many occasions where they forgot to call me with my results because they were so busy or they got backed up. Just my opinion though.

I don't know what the stomach pains would be with green stool, were you tested for an infection?

I have had green stools and no gallbladder as well. I read that green stools can be caused by many things. Bile that is secreted in the first part of the small intestine is green, as the stool goes into the large intestine it turns brown. If it comes out green then it could mean it passed through the large intestine too fast to change color. It's called "rapid transit". Anyway, that's what I remember reading when I looked it up for myself..lol but don't take my word for it.

this is my uneducated guess, I strongly suggest if you are still having problems to contact your doctor who can help you determine the problem and also give you the results of your tests.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: Green Poop & Abodominal Pain

I have no gallbladder either - I get green stools too. I take a bile absorption medicine to absorb some of the bile my liver keeps putting out. Do you eat alot of fatty meals? I always have to control my fat content because I have no gallbladder. Your gallbladder would help store that access of bile that the liver would produce and now it goes right to your intestines. Do you eat anything with alot of food coloring? The reason I ask I used to eat alot of licorice which causes your stool to go green. Look it up on the internet you would be surprised.

Closed Thread