It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

alwaystired2 HB User
Just not getting better "stomach"

Wondering if anyone is going through the same?
I have been sick for 2 months now and Dr say nothing is wrong.
I have been nauseated constantly with pain in my stomach and on the upper right side , pain is worse with eating and always feeling full. I have lost 15 pounds now(OK I like that part) Bouts of constipation and diarrhea, headaches and constant fatigue with dizziness. My very regular period is now 6 days late (I am not pregnant) I have had ultrasounds, my stomach scoped and blood tests. Every thing has come back negative except for slightly elevated lipase. I am so frustrated with my Dr. Who is now telling me it might be anxiety. Let me assure you it is not! I just can't deal with this anymore. It is causing a strain with my marriage and work.
Any advise is appreciated.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
Re: Just not getting better "stomach"

My advice would be to get a second opinion. Elevated lipase with abdominal pain and symptoms can be due to inflammation of the pancreas( pancreatitis), gastroenteritis, a bowel obstruction of some kind, even a duodenal ulcer. Did the doctor specifically rule these out? I would imagine its not gastroenteritis since that's usually self-limiting. Also pancreatic pain is usually really severe.
The fact that this has been going on for 2 months seems to rule out any acute problem but it's crazy to walk around feeling so rotten. If it IS anxiety produced, has the doctor prescribed an anti-anxiety med for you to see if thing quiet down?

When you stay your stomach was "scoped", what test or procedure was that?

zuzu xx

Last edited by zuzu8; 10-24-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
(female)

gjoy HB Usergjoy HB User
Smile Re: Just not getting better "stomach"

This sounds like my problem. I started having the right side back pain ten weeks ago. I have lost 11 kilos and been often nauseous. My muscles have got so tight i cannot use the clutch to drive.Yesterday I saw a fabulous doctor who feels it is a gluten intolerance, which has caused a mineral defiency, probably magnesium. I am on an alkaline diet with lots of supplements. The normal magnesium blood test does not show the problem. I think you need to see a health care professional so they can get the balances correct, but in the meantime stay away from wheat, oats, barley and rye. I have been very short of breath. Have you had this problem?
Good luck.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
(female)

alwaystired2 HB User

Thanks for the advise. The scope was called endoscopy I am sure spelling is wrong. They put a camera down my throat into my stomach. Another symptom occurred last night. My hands turned into claws. They kept cramping up and my back was cramping also. It does seem right now to me a vitamin deficiency if I am having that happen. I plan on seeking a second opinion when I get back from vacation.
Thanks for your ideas. They are much appreciated!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
(female)

gjoy HB Usergjoy HB User

I had the gastroscope they called it and a scrapping taken for celiac disease. Apparently only about 30 out of 1000 people with gluten intolerance test positive to that. So stay off those grains and maybe start a magnesium supplement. hope your feeling better soon.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #6
(female)

LemonVerbenas HB User

Not saying this is what you have but my husband had a lot of what you described, he had pancreatitis but his is due to severely high triglycerides. In my opinion I would ask my doctor if I needed a liver scan and/or something to check out the pancreas and anything else needed. Just my my opinion though.

Last edited by LemonVerbenas; 10-25-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
(female)

XHILDA HB User

Hi only just joined this forum and glancing through found your thread, I think you should pester your gp for a colonoscopy - I am a crohns sufferer and it took 9 years of pain and going backwards and forwards to hospital before evantually had surgery and took out part of my bowel as years of untreated inflamation resulted in an obstruction, - having pain in lower right side could be sign of crohns in ileum. Make sure you pester them good!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
(female)

oregrown HB User

Hi alwaystired2,
I had similar problems. Nausea, upper middle to rightsided pain that also would radiate to my back in the shoulder blade area occasionally.Sometimes dull, sometimes sharp. It went on for about a year and during that time I had upper endoscopy, barium swallow, blood testing and ultrasound (to look for gallstones) on my gut. Nothing showed except elevated levels of my liver. After lots of research on my own, I asked my dr. to send me for a HIDA scan but he said not necessary, so I asked to be sent to my gastroenterologist. He was more than happy to send me for that scan, which shows the "function" of the gallbladder. Mine was sluggish, did not work, so everytime I ate it would spasm, trying to get the bile to the small intestine to digest my food. I also went from diarheea to constipation. Always thought I had irratable bowel syndrome but I felt much better after having my gallbladder removed. Just thought I would share since I saw similarities.
Oregrown

Closed Thread