It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

kcotton3 HB User
Symptoms after an endoscopy

Hi, there! My 11 year old son had an Endoscopy today at Children's Hospital. The doctor told us it went great, without any complications. They said the Esophagus and Upper Intestine looked good, but the lower stomach was red and inflamed. They took biopsies for further testing to find out why.

My son started out doing really well. He ate well for lunch, had some ice cream for his sore throat in the afternoon, but then before dinner started acting more sluggish and tired. I realize he is probably tired, but he has started complaining that his right side, near his ribcage hurts.

Could the pain be caused from the biopsies they took or is this something that I should call the doctor on-call about? They didn't really tell me anything to look for because they said everything went well...!

Thanks for your help!
Kelly

Old 01-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
Re: Symptoms after an endoscopy

It's definitely worth a call to the doctor. They generally say that abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, or fever after an endoscopy merits a call to the doctor. It could be nothing... They do sometimes introduce gas into the stomach and upper small intestine to be able to see things better, so that could be causing the pain. But it's also possible that it's something more serious.

Best to call the doctor to get an opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
(female)

kcotton3 HB User
Re: Symptoms after an endoscopy

Thanks for your reply. I talked to the nurse this morning. She thinks my son's pain is caused from the gas that they used during the procedure. He still had a little pain this morning but not as bad as last night. She said to watch him and if it still hurts this evening or by tomorrow or worsens to call right away.

Thanks, again!
Kelly

Closed Thread