It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
(female)

numbcy HB User
What kind of natural remedy/protocol would be suggested for...

What kind of natural remedy/protocol would be suggested for someone with all of the following suspected illnesses:

1. Intestinal Permeability (Leaky Gut)
2. Inflammatory Bowel Disease
3. Candida
4. E. Coli in the gut
5. No good bacteria
6. Parasites
7. Autoimmune Disorder/Disease
8. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Symptoms: Excruciating, unbearable, terrifying drugged/dizzy/tingling/heavy/drugged feeling in head. Gets worse immediately after eating food (of any kind). Also, gets worse with prolonged periods of time without any food/nutrients.

Only relief of symptoms is when no solid food is consumed and juice fasting is followed on a very strict schedule of once every 30 min. Even with this, symptoms are excruciating, disabling, and relentless.

Have been to many doctors, who have not helped, but have been "diagnosed" by different naturopathic doctors with the following conditions listed above. Is there a remedy that addresses all of them? All the supplements I have researched seem to be similar in nature for each illness.

I have not eaten solid food in 80 days, because symptoms become unbearably and terrifyingly strong, to the point I am in a vegetative, hellish, and torturous state of being. I have been on a juice fast (consisting of carrots, celery, and cucumber) with no supplementation of any kind. I am very weak. I am exhausted. Mentally and physically.

Battling this illness for over three years, with so many different remedies, so many different diets, relentless research, traveling, doctors, so many different medications, unbearable physical pain, so much mental anguish...I am in a state of extreme weakness and pure exhaustion; mentally and physically.

I just want to get well. I need a miracle. There must be someone who can help me.

Last edited by numbcy; 01-16-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: change of title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2010, 01:36 AM   #2
(male)

justin1984 HB User
Re: What kind of natural remedy/protocol would be suggested for...

Have you tried a prescription strength antifungal for the candida. They say you need to be on it for about 2 months. Also, do you think you might have a bacterial overgrowth? Maybe you need to get on an antibitotic for that or maybe you have both.

Maybe you need to have that procedure done where they take some good bacteria out of one person and put it in you. I've read some interesting stuff on that with some good results.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

her70cuda HB User

[QUOTE=numbcy;4164708]What kind of natural remedy/protocol would be suggested for someone with all of the following suspected illnesses:

1. Intestinal Permeability (Leaky Gut)
2. Inflammatory Bowel Disease
3. Candida
4. E. Coli in the gut
5. No good bacteria
6. Parasites
7. Autoimmune Disorder/Disease
8. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Symptoms: Excruciating, unbearable, terrifying drugged/dizzy/tingling/heavy/drugged feeling in head. Gets worse immediately after eating food (of any kind). Also, gets worse with prolonged periods of time without any food/nutrients.

Only relief of symptoms is when no solid food is consumed and juice fasting is followed on a very strict schedule of once every 30 min. Even with this, symptoms are excruciating, disabling, and relentless.

Have been to many doctors, who have not helped, but have been "diagnosed" by different naturopathic doctors with the following conditions listed above. Is there a remedy that addresses all of them? All the supplements I have researched seem to be similar in nature for each illness.

I have not eaten solid food in 80 days, because symptoms become unbearably and terrifyingly strong, to the point I am in a vegetative, hellish, and torturous state of being. I have been on a juice fast (consisting of carrots, celery, and cucumber) with no supplementation of any kind. I am very weak. I am exhausted. Mentally and physically.

Battling this illness for over three years, with so many different remedies, so many different diets, relentless research, traveling, doctors, so many different medications, unbearable physical pain, so much mental anguish...I am in a state of extreme weakness and pure exhaustion; mentally and physically.

I just want to get well. I need a miracle. There must be someone who can help me.[/QUOTE

I'm not sure what could be going on. In the past I used to get very dizzy and fuzzy headed when I ate but it did resolve. I was in the middle of an anxiety disorder and was dealing with pain of herniated cervical discs and pretty heavy muscle knots in my neck and shoulders at the time. I never did find out what was going on exactly.

Have you tried to drink ensure or another food replacement drink? You really are getting nothing for sustainable nutrition as I know you are aware.

Have you had your labs drawn recently? You really need to have that done to check your labs and make sure your levels are within normal.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
(female)

audrey100 HB User

I have been through something similar, and although I don't have all the answers, maybe I can help a little. You need to target the parasites first. Candida is a secondary opportunistic organism and may well die on its own once the parasites are dealt with and/or can be dealt with later. Leaky gut and inflammatory bowel are a result of the parasites and candida, and shouldn't be the primary focus. I also wouldn't worry about the "autoimmune" aspect; that is just a catch-all diagnosis given when doctors know your immune system is messed up but don't know why. It just means your immune system is freaking out- well, of course it is if there are loads of pathogenic organisms in your body!

Unfortunately, I have not found many natural remedies to be effective against parasites (except diet, see below.) Not that there aren't any, but if you have large parasites, such as worms, etc. medicine is much more painless and effective. Of course, to get medicine you need a diagnosis. Most stool sampling for parasites is worthless; I think tests only reveal a pathetic average of 20% of actual parasites present. I was lucky enough that they found parasites on like my 5th or 6th sample. However, if I had to do it over again I would use DNA stool analysis. There is only one company I know of that does this, if you do a search you should find it. Since most parasites are anaerobic, they die and disintegrate before they ever reach the lab. DNA stool analysis looks for the DNA of the parasites, rendering it much more effective from what I've read. Once you know what parasites you have (and I would NOT believe anyone that says you don't have any) you will know what medicine/treatment to use.

I don't know if you are taking supplements, but they cause problems for people with parasites. My treatment did not work until I stopped ALL supplements I was taking. Parasites love the gelatin and fillers in pills. Also, even though you definitely are lacking good intestinal flora, I would not take any probiotics right now. Protozoan parasites actually feed on bacteria, and since your system is so out of balance at the moment, the probiotics are just food for the parasites.

The best way to control the problem in the short term that I found was through diet. I was very in tune with my body and noted that pretty much everything feeds parasites except for green vegetables (mainly broccoli/green beans) and brown rice. I know you are hesitant/scared to eat anything solid, but maybe you should try this for a week or two? I am not promising anything, of course, but it may confirm that the parasites are present and give you some relief while you try to get a diagnosis. Also, be aware that you may not be able to trust your body right now. If you feel horrible when you first try the vegetable/rice diet, I would recommend you give it a chance of at least a week. I hate to say it, but you will not get better without feeling a little worse first; your body is just too toxic. Of course, if you give it a chance and it doesn't work, you know your body best. What works for me will not necessarily work for you.

Anyways, hang in there; it is a journey, but I think you are on the right track.

Last edited by audrey100; 01-23-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
(female)

audrey100 HB User

Also, this was my exact experience with the broccoli/green bean/brown rice diet. Did not feel good the first 2 days, nauseous, etc. Nighttime, the second full day of this diet, I felt soooo terrible. Major pressure in my head, most excruciating headache ever, had to bury my head in a pillow/clutch my head, etc. Next morning, felt weird but the worst of the pressure was gone. Third night, literally, felt something dying inside my gut (a weird but good feeling). Felt really bad/better off and on for a few days until finally the worst was over. Just thought this might help if you do decide to try the diet and experience anything similar. Also, as I mentioned above, make sure you are not taking any supplements or this will not have a chance of working!

Last edited by audrey100; 01-23-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
(female)

audrey100 HB User

I'd like to add to my above response a little bit based on some recent experience. Actually, although brown rice and vegetables should help (parasites can't feed off these), eating plain, unseasoned chicken and vegetables only for about 2 weeks should help the most, because then the yeast will die as well as the parasites.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
(female)

numbcy HB User

audrey100:

All your information has been very informative, helpful, and encouraging.

(To those of you who have also responded, I am as thoroughly appreciate of all of your responses, as well. I'm sorry that I have not been able to reply/respond often and to many, because I have been so sick...and it is so difficult for me to do much at all. The little bit of time/energy I sometimes have, I need to decide what to prioritize; there are so many things that need to be done, that so many crucial/very important things "fall by the wayside" because I am unable to lead a normal life, at this time. But, thank you to all who have responded.)

audrey: I wanted to know, have you ever experienced the drugged/dizzy feeling I have experienced? Also, what is you opinion (and others!) about the drugged/dizzy feeling being caused by stress (not necessarily mental stress, but stress of my body trying to deal with the physical ailments). I know that some of my symptoms could possibly be caused by stressed, but I've never felt like I was a mentally stressed person. But, is it possible to have the same affects on the mind, when the "stress" is coming from physical stress? I was thinking maybe my body is just in so much turmoil internally, that it could be causing this reaction on my mind/brain (the drugged/dizzy feeling; VERY VERY STRONG). If this were true, it could possibly be an explanation for why the feeling would become SO STRONG when I eat solid food, because maybe it is extremely difficult on my body, physically. ALL opinions are welcomed! Thank you.

Last edited by numbcy; 02-04-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
(female)

audrey100 HB User

Yes, I have experienced the exact feeling you have mentioned, and as a matter of fact am still going through a discovery/recovery process myself. It has been almost 3 years for me, but I feel like I am finally figuring some things out. I cannot emphasize enough that parasites are causing this. It took me forever to figure out, but focusing on parasite cleansing is the answer. If you look up symptoms of parasites, anxiety/panic attacks/stress are all symptoms, so although these are contributors to how you feel, I do not think they are causing it.

I have been experimenting this week and would like to say that at this point, I recommend you disregard my previous advice about diet. I was doing the exact thing I recommended to you, and although I definitely felt a difference, something was not "clicking." Now I am on day 3 of an all fresh fruit diet, and feeling that this is the definite answer. You can search for home remedies for parasites and almost all recommend a diet of fresh fruit only for about a week followed by fruit, vegetables, and brown rice only for a while longer. PLEASE try this. Eat only fresh fruit for a week and see how you feel. The pressure in my head is already better, but it does flare up off and on during the detox process. And don't take any supplements while you do this, as I mentioned before. They all cause problems, and I have to believe that God has given us a natural way to get well without starving ourselves, which is why this fruit diet makes so much sense. It is easy on your digestive system, because fruits have their own enzymes, practically digesting themselves. This leaves less undigested matter in the intestines for bad bacteria and parasites to feed on.

Will you consider doing this? I know you're hesitant to try anything, but you do have to do something at some point to get well. I promise you that the last couple years have been so miserable for me - everything I ate gave me the horrible pressure, I have not done anything with friends or family, and doctors could not help. This is the only thing that's really working. Please try it. Fresh fruit only, nothing else, even vegetables.

Last edited by audrey100; 02-06-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
(female)

numbcy HB User

Hi audrey. First of all, I want to say that I am grateful to be able to correspond with you. It is very comforting to talk with someone who has had similar experiences...and also I can tell that you really are concerned and want to help; I'm guessing because you know how much you desire (and have desired) genuine help, as well.

I am willing to consider trying the fruit diet. But, I am curious as to your opinion of: Would I not get the same results from the juice fast I am on? It is only fresh organic vegetable juice, prepared once every 30 minutes throughout the day, consisting of only cucumber, celery, and carrot juice. This is supposedly, from what I have read, the most easily digestible form of food/nutrition there is.

Also, even when I juice an apple (haven't tried other fruits), it makes the pressure in my head worse...?...something to do with the sugar content? I have no idea! Am searching for answers; waiting for answers from God, more like.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #10
(female)

audrey100 HB User

I'm only on the 3rd day of this diet, so I will let you know in a few more days my "official" thoughts about it. All I know is that I have tried nothing but boiled vegetables for two weeks at some point and it did not help. I think it may have something to do with the glyconutrients fruit has and the enzymes (you can look up glyconutrients, they have been used by some to overcome cancer; essential sugars in fruits improve cell communication, which activates the immune response). I read somewhere that you use 90% of the caloric content of vegetables to digest them, whereas fruits you only use 10%. You need to be eating the most easily digestable foods. You can definitely juice the fruits if you'd like. Also, many of the enzymes, for example, in pineapple or papaya, help digest parasites. I will say that it has not been fun so far. I have definitely noticed flare-ups in the pressure of my head, but I have a strange situation where I can actually feel in my stomach some type of parasitic presence releasing itself from my intestines when something I try works, (I know it's very strange...) and I have felt it working for sure, although I feel it may be another week or two until I know for a fact. I think the extra pressure and spaciness I get from fruit is from the candida, which as long as the parasites are there, will be there as well. I'm hoping the yeast will die on its own once parasites are gone, but like I said, I'll let you know. It's a very tortuous process; I wouldn't expect to start eating fruit and all of a sudden feel great, it just doesn't work like that. Another reason to eat the fruit, though, is because it has a lot more calories than vegetables. I'm guessing you are not having bowel movements drinking only vegetable juice. If you eat enough fruit, it is dense enough that you will have bowel movements, which are necessary to detox and get all the pathogenic stuff out. I'll update you soon, if you want to just wait a few more days I think I will have more experience to share. Hang in there.

Last edited by audrey100; 02-07-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #11
(female)

numbcy HB User

Hey audrey: How are you doing?

Old 02-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #12
(female)

audrey100 HB User

Hey! I am still not feeling great, but I am even more certain that this is the answer for me. I can feel it working, and not to be too graphic, but there is tons of nasty looking stuff coming out of me. I am going several times a day, which is crazy because I have gone weeks before without. I think in another week I may be a different person. I hope so, anyways. You have to just try not to be scared and eat enough fruit to fill you up/clean your colon, because there is a tendency to freak out and only eat a little due to the detox reactions. Will keep you posted.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #13
(female)

numbcy HB User

Very encouraging to know you may have found something that works for you! ...keep me posted!

Last edited by numbcy; 02-09-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
(female)

numbcy HB User

EVERYONE READ! I WELCOME ADVICE FROM ANYONE WILLING TO LISTEN!

Hello! How are you doing, audrey? How is the fruit fast going? Have you tried any other foods yet? I am very curious to know if the fruit diet has helped you. How are you feeling? Worse? Better? I hope you're improving. Let me know. I want to hear all about it! ...good or bad...

Good news, here...I think... I ate food for the first time in 110 days! I ate 1/2 a banana on Feb. 13, the other 1/2 of banana on Feb. 14, and a whole banana and 6-7 small pieces of cantaloupe yesterday. I haven't eaten yet today. I plan on it. I don't feel worse, head wise, I actually feel like I have a little more energy...but...I am constipated...I was having bowel movements daily, for the last 110 days of juice fasting...but, as soon as I ate (and all I've eaten is 2 bananas and 7 small squares of cantaloupe in the last 3 days...along with continuing fresh vegetable juicing)...I have not had a bowel movement in 2 days now...and feel like there is stuff in there that needs to come out...but it hasn't/it's not. I don't want to keep eating and pack stuff in there, if it's not going to come out. (sorry about the "graphic-ness", but it's a very serious concern)

Is there really something wrong with my digestive system? Should I be trying to eat? I've been to many different gastroenterologists and had many different tests. They didn't find anything. I did see a natural medicine/sports medicine doctor about a year and a half ago that said i have intestinal permeability (leaky gut) and inflammatory bowel disease. Could this cause me not to be able to digest. I don't want to keep eating...and not having bowel movements. Is there some way I can naturally help my motility/digestion?

Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #15
(female)

audrey100 HB User

Hi numbcy! I'm SOOO happy that you have been able to eat some solid food! I understand your concerns with your bowel movements, and my thoughts are that you will start having them more frequently once you eat more. Even if your digestive system was healthy (which it's clearly not), reintroducing solid food after juicing for so long will require some adjustment. I understand you want to take it slow, but my recommendation is to stop the vegetable juice for a little while and try eating fruit (bananas, canteloupe, whatever you're comfortable trying) only, trying to eat enough so that you have the fiber and calories necessary to start having bowel movements. As far as my progress, check back here in a couple of days. I will update you on everything and may have some more specific recommendations. Good luck

Closed Thread