It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

charandray HB User
stomach cramps immediately after eating.

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this for me. For the past few weeks I have been waking up in the morning with the worst stomach cramps. At first I thought they were hunger pains even though I wasn't really that hungry, they just felt like really bad hunger pains. 2 days ago the pain was pretty bad but I noticed that I would get cramps on my right side as soon as I would take a few bites of food. I didn`t even have time to finish my Nutrigrain bar and the cramps began. The pain wasn`t getting much better so I went to the ER and they took blood tests and told me that I had gallstones. They scheduled me for an ultrasound to see where and how big the stone was. After the ultrasound they said that they did not see any stones and they are sending me for another test. A HIDA test, but this will probably only be in a few weeks.
When I got home from the ER I thought that I had started my period as I was bleeding and I thought that maybe this pain had to do with my period even though I have never had that kind of cramping before. But to my surprise I was only spotting as I only bled a little bit and stopped for the evening. I noticed today that I was spotting again. I have no idea if this is related to my cramps but I am thinking that it must be as I never spot.
I know that this is a long post but I thought that I should give all the info and hopefully someone will have an idea as to what can be causing all this. I am 31 years old and have never had any gallbladder issues before. I do have IBS but have never had pain in the right upper side and my bowels have been normal lately.

Thanks,
Charline

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
(female)

Punkyman HB User
Re: stomach cramps immediately after eating.

It could very easily be your gallbladder. The HIDA scan is the true test as it will check for function and blockage. In the meantime I would let you doctor know about your spotting. It might also be an ovarian cyst, although that wouldn't cause cramping in your stomach. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
(female)

Ambra75 HB User
Re: stomach cramps immediately after eating.

Hi, I have GERD and IBS and for an year I happened to have bad abdominal cramps after eating.

Closed Thread