It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2010, 05:22 AM   #1
(female)

AndreaL HB User
Unhappy Anyone else with stomach dysmotility?

Hi, I feel very much alone with what I'm going through so am hoping to come across people who can relate to reassure me I'm not alone and not going mad!

My symptoms are a bloated stomach, I'm bloated from from breast bone down to my belly button. The very centre, between my breast bone and my belly button feels tender to touch if pressed. I am permanently uncomofrtable and feel full constantly, although I know my tummy is empty because it lets me know by rumbling with it's loud noises. I feel a weight in my stomach and a tightness around it as though someone has wrapped a belt around my stomach and just keeps pulling it tighter and tighter, this sometimes makes me feel breathless. I also have constipation as a result of this stomach dysmotility.

I can only eat small amounts because the more I eat, the more full and uncomofrtable I feel and eating also makes me feel sick.

My Dr has suggested a medication I try called Metcclopramide but because I am pregnant have had to wait until I'm in my 13th week when it is safe to take it (this will be from tomorrow, I am desperate to start taking it and praying it helps) I want my life back! Thanks to these symptoms along with pregnancy symptoms I have been written off work for 7 weeks, I am desperate to feel well and physically able to move around, bend over withouth feeling there's a brick in my gut and just get on with work, enjoying life and my pregnancy.

For anyone else with a stomach dysmotility, what medications have you tried that have helped and what changes have you made to your diet that you believe helps? I would be very grateful for any response, thanks in advance.

Last edited by AndreaL; 02-28-2010 at 05:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
(female)

AndreaL HB User
Re: Anyone else with stomach dysmotility?

Nearly 100 views but no replies? Am I really alone in the symptoms I experience?

Old 03-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
(female)

cdaus HB User

I wish I could help you, Andrea. You don't say how long you've been like that. If it's been several months I would wait until the baby is born before dealing with it unless of course you and your doctor come up with a solution that is safe for you and the baby. Since you have a computer keep doing research on the internet. Good luck to you and your baby.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
(female)

AndreaL HB User

Thanks for the response My stomach problems started at the same time as my pregnancy symptoms such as the nausea and sickness, at first I thought it must be a pregnancy symptom but the more I asked around on the internet forums etc I realised apart from indigestion then no it wasn't related to my pregnancy, it's just coincidence this problem reared it's ugly head at the same time, so for the past 10 weeks almost now I've been struggling. It does make me wonder how much my stomach is to blame for the nausea I feel too, rather than it be caused by pregnancy hormones.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
(female)

cdaus HB User

Hope things work out for you. You want to be in good shape because the baby will keep you busy

Old 04-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
(female)

BrookeJ88 HB User

Hi... I know you posted this over 3 ears ago, but I just came across it and I am having the exact same terrible symptoms as you! I, too am pregnant (6 weeks) however this started well BEFORE ever being pregnant! Did you ever figure out what is was??

Old 04-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
(female)

mjhooker HB User

I have been suffering with this condition for over a year. I was on metaclopromide (which is a form of reglan) and was told to stop taking it after 8 mos. I constantly feel full, have nausea (vomiting), diarryhea and sometimes constipation. Nothing so far has helped me, I have had 2 Endoscopies 2/2011 and 4/2012 and my GI doctor has no idea what to do regarding my symptoms. I can't work because I don't know how I will feel day to day. It is very frustrating!

MJHooker

Closed Thread