It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
(female)

aileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB User
Question Do Digestive Enzymes Cause Side Effects?

Hi,
I have been taking digestive enzymes for 3 months before each meal. I had my gall bladder removed last year and the enzymes have helped. But I am wondering, will taking them cause any side effects?

Also, will taking the digestive enzymes have an effect on lab (blood) work?

Last edited by aileb; 03-09-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
(female)

Re: Do Digestive Enzymes Cause Side Effects?

In case anyone was wondering, I got my lab work back and my levels were finally within normal! My regular doctor (not a gastro) was very impressed. I am going to continue taking 1 before breakfast and 1 before dinner along with a probiotic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileb View Post
Hi,
I have been taking digestive enzymes for 3 months before each meal. I had my gall bladder removed last year and the enzymes have helped. But I am wondering, will taking them cause any side effects?

Also, will taking the digestive enzymes have an effect on lab (blood) work?
Just curious what enzymes are you taking and what kind of digestive problems did you have? I had my gallbladder removed and have nausea problems.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
(female)

I had to have my gall bladder removed because I have anorexia and I lost a lot of weight too quickly but my gastro said "periods of starvation."

My digestive problems (bloating, feeling full etc.) were caused because I started recovery and started eating 3 meals again. When I wasn't eating that much, I did not have digestive problems.

I am just taking OTC digestive enzymes called "Super Enzymes" and they are suppose to help with the breakdown of carbs, fats and protein.

I just started to feel nausea and the only thing that I can attribute to it is that I am not waiting long enough to exercise?

after all my labs came back within the normal range, my doctor said that my digestive problems are because I am recovering and I need to give it time. But my sides and back still hurt and still feel really tired.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
(female)

primalseams HB User

Hi- I think you commented on a GB surgery post of mine- I was wondering when you had GB removed? I am 3 weeks now. Finally beginning to be a bit normal, but always anxious that something like SOD is around corner... I am not anorexic- but I di lose a lot of weight quickly- don't know if that caused my gb to dysfunction or not... I was also curious about the digestive enzymes you are taking and wondering if that would be a wise thing in general in addition to a probiotic?

The Following User Says Thank You to primalseams For This Useful Post:
egmad55 (11-13-2012)
Closed Thread