It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
(male)

drlguy HB User
Food goes right through me

I had my gallbladder removed back in September and everything was fine until January. In January I started having bleeding hemorrhoids as diagnosed by a flexosigmoidscopy. Since the flex thing it seems like I cant keep any food in my body. If I eat lunch I'm in the bathroom a few hours later and it seems like everything comes out of me (number 2, I've never vomited). It's not formed, it's all watery. It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking about not eating lunch at all. If I eat dinner the food stays in me until the next day around lunch time, or at least until morning. Sorry, I know all this is gross but my doctors dont seem to think this is a problem. I don't know whats going on but I'm worried its affecting the rest of my body. Any thoughts or advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: Food goes right through me

I too have no gallbladder - Diarreahea could be caused by excess bile. You no longer have a gallbladder to catch the excess in the stomach so it goes to the small intestines and large intestines. Your large and small intestines hate the bile and pass it quickly so you have diarreahea. I had to take Welchol to bind the bile and I no longer have diarreahea or there are two different powder drinks.

Another thing that could be wrong is your diet - you need to follow a low fat diet after you have your gallbladder remove.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
(male)

drlguy HB User

It doesnt seem to matter what I eat. I can eat something with no fat for lunch and it still goes right through. It was fine at first, but now it seems like anything eaten before 6pm isn't going to stay in my body. Thanks for the advice though, I'll talk to my doctor about some things I could try. Sometimes, its hard though so I dont know what the heck is going on in there.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Join the club since I got my gallbladder removed it sounds like a war is going on in my stomach and with some of the pain and gas I go through you would think some damage was done but everything is clear in the endoscopy. That is the next step your doctor will probably suggest a endoscopy or colonoscopy. I had both procedures and all they found was mild non specific gastritis. I did have to see a nutrionist and write down all the foods I ate because I was trying to find out if I had a trigger food that bothered me - I know that fatty foods would get me sick but I stick to a very very bland diet. Now I am on Zantac for acid reflux because I keep belching all the time - do you belch all the time?

Old 03-25-2010, 06:50 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

firebird56 HB User

Well...my bowel problems turned out to be related to my elevated calcium (ANYWHERE in the 10 range) and low Vit D level. You see calcium is what makes our bowels absorb the nutrients from our food & Vitamin D's only purpose is to make the calcium work.
And please don't let some ill-informed dr put you on calcium pills and high doses of vitamin D. It is the function of the parathyroid to control our calcium levels, thereby affecting our low Vit D. Hope this helps in some way!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
(male)

drlguy HB User

I belch fairly often after eating, but not too much. I get heartburn still sometimes but I've had that forever and it doesn't seem to be too bad. This is kind of gross but I read online that floating stool is a bad thing (stratohhera or something) and mine always seems to float now, at least when its solid. Usually its just a mush. Do you guys notice that at all? Sorry for the grossness of that question

As for you firebird, I actually don't drink a lot of milk, never really have but love cheese. My Dr. hasn't tested my vitamin levels, but I'm going in for my yearly on April 20th and I'll ask if they'll check that out for me.

I'm turning 28 years old in April and dealing with all this post-op stuff when I had the surgery like 6 months ago is aggravating to say the least. Thanks for talking with me about this stuff, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User

I also heard that floating stool is bad. I also heard that it comes from fatty food. I would not worry too much about it, I had "floating" on and off all my life and I made it to my senior years.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
(female)

1exquisite1 HB User

Hello ,
I have Gerd with horrible Acid reflex and Heartburn everything I eat give me heartburn. the food I eat is not greasy it's lowfat food . I also had my gall bladder removed 8 weeks ago. About three weeks ago I had an colonopy and was Diagnosed with a Hiatal Hernia and Diverticulosis. April 23, 2010 I suppose to get an Endoscopy. AFTER I eat 20 mins later my food start regurgitating . I always feel like i'm choaking . I feel sick on the stmoach all the time. I have a great GI doctor he started me ON A NEW MEDICINE This week. So far It don't seem to be working yet. I will keep everyone posted...Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 04-08-2010, 06:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am on acid reflux medicine and have no gallbladder - I get a belchie feeling in my stomach that makes me nausea - like lots of gas is trapped in my tummy. I get relieve when I burp but then it builds up again. I just had a colonoscopy and no IBS.

I have the floating stool too sometimes and then mush another day.

Closed Thread