It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
(female)

Bonny2010 HB User
Digestive probs caused by apple cider vinegar

I did a detox where I fasted on apples and apple cider vinegar for 4 days (I regret doing it now) I now experience alot of bloating, gas, reflux and belching, I think as a result of the detox. Could having so much vinegar cause an excess of acidity in the stomach?

I have tried digestive enzymes, and was told that vinegar would help with the bloating, but I haven't found any of those methods help. I've tried eating more raw foods and juices. But I still experience the same problems. Iam currently on a digestive aid that conatins betaine hydrochloride and I think this is making it worst. I am also taking probiotics.

Does anybody know if fasting and vinegar can cause these problems? And what can I do to help aid digestion?

Last edited by Bonny2010; 04-18-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2010, 01:45 AM   #2
(male)

islandjohnny HB User
Re: Digestive probs caused by apple cider vinegar

Hi Bonny...... As far as I know, there's no proof that taking a few teaspoons of vinegar before meals can curb your appetite or reduce cravings. A few studies have shown that vinegar may have some impact on how quickly a meal affects blood sugar levels, but body weight was not affected.

The bottom line...... Anyone losing weight on a cider vinegar diet is doing so because they are eating fewer calories and not because they're ingesting vinegar.

If you're trying to lose weight with vinegar, try eating more vegetable salads and topping them with a dressing that uses less oil and more vinegar. This will shave calories and encourage consumption of high-in-fiber, satisfying veggies. If it's causing digestive problems, I would hold off and see if your present symptoms go away.

Wishing you the best in health.........

Last edited by islandjohnny; 04-18-2010 at 01:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
(female)

Bonny2010 HB User
Re: Digestive probs caused by apple cider vinegar

Its been going on now for over a year. And all the doctor said was I needed to include more raw foods, which I have. I also take some digestive enzymes and nothing has changed.

Another doctor told me to increase acid in my stomach, by including more vinegar in my diet along with betaine hydrochloride, and its just made things worst. My stomach feels so weird, its hard to explain. So Im guessing I had the opposite problem that prehaps I have too much stomach acid. Low stomach acid and high stomach acid seem to have simular symptoms, maybe thats why the doctor got mixed up?

Does anybody know if there is a blood test I can have done that will show this? And what I can take to help neutralise the stomach acid? Does baking powder work?

Closed Thread