It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
(female)

kosm HB User
Sharp localized pain in lower abdomen

I have this very localized sharp pain that comes and goes in my lower left and right abdomen. I thought it was cysts on my ovaries, but an ultrasound disproved that. I feel like my intestines are swollen or something. I am also very stressed out because of some biopsies that I am getting. If this was my appendix, I assume that after 2 weeks, it would have ruptured by now. Does this sound like Gastritis?

Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Sharp localized pain in lower abdomen

kosm,

Gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining not in the area you describe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
(female)

kosm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
kosm,

Gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining not in the area you describe.
The only other thing I can think of then is Appendicitis. But this has been ongong for 3 weeks. I am sitting here in pain. Got a doctors appt tomorrow. I don't think I have ever been this scared of suspicious pain before.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Kosm,

There is alot of things the pain could be cause by from in that area-- not only the appendix but diverticular, colon infection, cramping and spasming in that area.

If it is the appendix-- a good test is to push slowly on the pain area while laying down-- then let go-- if it is the appendix -- the pain at that time will make you sit straight up. If it doesn't it's not your appendix.

I wish you well---Harry

Closed Thread