It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
(female)

candolino HB User
Can anyone out there help? no doctor can...

I randomly came across this site searching google for help relieving stomach problems.

Here goes nothing,

I've been suffering with my stomach since i was 14, i'm now 22. Out of nowhere i developed gallstones so i had my gallbladder removed then shortly after developed acid reflux and was put on prevacid. It helped and i felt better for a while.

About 4 years ago, again, out of nowhere my stomach started bothering me. I had no appetite and just would get stomach pains if i ate anything at all. The doctors did a sonogram - nothing came up and then they did an endoscopy. I was told i have a hiatus hernia, gastritis, acid reflux and a lot of bile. I was put on carafate and it took a while but it did help me.

In November of '09 i woke up to pressure pains on the upper left side of my stomach and i was extremely nauseous. I assumed I had a stomach virus but after a week I still felt sick. I was also getting pressure pains on the left side of my abdomen. The doctor thought i had a cyst on my ovary but nothing showed in the sonogram. I had another endoscopy done and the results showed the same thing from my last endoscopy so the doctor took me off carafate and put me back on prevacid but he said what i have shouldn't be causing the pains in my stomach.

It's been 6 months and i feel worse then i ever did. The doctors have given me the following drugs - rulox, bentyl and donnatal and i've taken over the counter malox, mylanta and gas x and NOTHING has helped me. I'm hungry but theres pressure on the left side of my stomach. The pressure makes me nauseous so i literally have to force food in me and when i do eat , because of the pressure, i'm full after i eat half a chicken cutlet but then 10 minutes after i'm hungry again. If I eat too much I have to force the food to stay in me because if not i'm gagging I sometimes vomit it up. I have bad diarrhea so the doctor said i have IBS so he put me on align. Yes it helps the diarrhea but not everything else wrong with my stomach. I notice this pressure pain is worse when i have no food in my stomach but again, being so nauseous it's very hard to eat something.

I just don't know what exactly to do anymore. I have seen 3 different gastrologists in the past 6 months and none of them have helped me. I'm going for a cat scan in a few days but i have a feeling nothing will show in that.

If anyone out there can help me i would appreciate it so much. I've just been so miserable these past few months and i'm so sick of feeling like this and so tired of being told to try something and it doesn't work at all I don't drink alcohol. At all. I never could nor do i smoke and i eat very very bland. Grilled chicken/salmon with rice and potatoes. To be honest i noticed it doesn't matter what i eat, the same pains come with a burger and with a broiled piece of chicken.

I physically can't burp at all. I think i've burped twice in my life and i've asked doctors what to do to help myself burp (because i feel like that would help relieve the pressure) and they look at me like i'm crazy because i can't burp. I get that gurgling noise coming up my esophagus and bile comes up. I dry heave/gag mainly when i wake up and i'm never hungry when i wake up. My mother suffered with gallstones about 20 years ago but her stomach is fine now so i don't believe any of my stomach problems are hereditary.

Please get back to me ASAP...thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread