It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

jaf0507 HB User
Stomach hurts after eating and becomes bloated?

Hi, I am a teen and for the past few months my stomach would hurt after eating. It also seems to swell as if I am a starving child, or the roundness of a ball. It also makes my stomach become hard. I am fairly athletic so when it started to affect my running, I went to the doctors. She said, "Oh, just stomach ulcers.." and sent me on my way with some Prevacid, well 6 weeks later and they're not better. It doesn't matter what type of food I eat, or drink even. I've also noticed I burp more often. I eat a very bland, fiber rich, healthy diet. I take birth control (to help regulate periods), allergy medicines, and Prevacid.

P.S. I'm new to the boards so if this goes against anything, my apologies. Thanks

Old 05-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

caltripp HB User
Re: Stomach hurts after eating and becomes bloated?

I had a problem with gas an frequent belching too. I started taking probiotics and a multi-vitamin with digestive enzemes. My symptoms have gone away. I have not had a gas "attack" since I started taking these and any belching is normal (ie. some belching after eating gassy foods).

If the prevacid didn't work, you should probably stop taking it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
(female)

jaf0507 HB User

Thanks, it's really not a gas/belching issue though. I never have gas and my burps aren't even close to a belch. Thank you though

Old 05-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
(female)

caltripp HB User

"Belching (also known as burping, ructus, or eructation) involves the release of gas from the digestive tract (mainly esophagus and stomach) through the mouth" (definition from Wikipedia). Based on this definition and your statement of "I burp more often"...you are having as least some gas symptoms. Gas doesn't have to mean flatulence. When I said I had gas, I didn't have that. My gas "attacks" were severe stomach pain and bloating that would last about an hour, accompanied by frequent burping or belching (whichever you want to call it). The probiotics and digestive enzymes have seemed to regulate any imbalance I had in my gut and gave me relief. If you don't know what probiotics are, google it and read up on it. It's possible it could give you some relief too.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
(female)

jaf0507 HB User

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. My doctor told me to stay on Prevacid and I have an endoscopy scheduled soon. With the results of that and the biopsies they're taking, I'll have a better idea of what's going on. Thanks.

Closed Thread