It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
(male)

MikeV2121 HB User
Gastro Problem? Help, No Insurance

I am a 22 male and I was slightly overweight; I have been following a low carb diet for about 8 months now, and it has been working out alright. I recently have been feeling nauseous for no reason, and it seems to come and go quickly. I am not sure what causes it, but I am almost certain it is not vitamin/mineral deficiency related as I keep in line by eating fruits and vegetables, and take a multivitamin everyday.

I wont lie, I eat more high fat foods then usual (nuts, cheese, meats), but I have been walking no less than 3 miles a day and do weight training every other day. The nausea I encounter has been very quick, and short lived. It almost feels like the 'gagging' feeling in the back of your throat before vomiting. I have not vomited yet, but it only has been a few days of symptoms. I am not sure if my gallbladder is out of whack, or what. I noticed a heart murmur every once and a while, but I am not sure if it is related. I often have these symptoms more intensely along with slight heartburn in the morning hours after waking.

I have noticed some softer looking stools, and I get a cramp every once and a while, especially in the morning hours.

Am I over-thinking this, as it could be a common cold or virus, or is this something to be worried about. Is there any signs I should be looking out for as a 'go to the doctor now'?. I recently lost health coverage, and I don't have much money to spare so any advice, no matter how insignificant is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
(female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User
Re: Gastro Problem? Help, No Insurance

Hello MikeV2121 welcome to the Health Boards
One thing you may consider to try and narrow down the irritant(s) causing your symptoms is an elimination diet. Not necessarily to loose weight, but as a way to do some personal diagnostics of your own. If you can identify the food or food groups, then you are half way there to hopefully narrowing down a cause and affect.

For example you mentioned cheese and nuts - You could try a simpler menu plan for now - noting how you feel, better, worse, about the same, no noticeable difference. Every two days or so, add another food - but only one new food at a time. Carefully noting in a food/symptom journal the foods introduced - how you felt before and any noticeable differences. It will be interesting to browse back through your writing and see a progression, or even subtle findings. These will be of great use eventually.

If your symptoms escalate - then medical intervention is absolutely something you should plan on - not avoid. I learned years ago, from reading and reading and then some more reading that peanuts can and often do cause digestive problems and in my case the added insult of migraines.
Peanuts were a staple snack food in our home growing up. I love roasted peanuts in the shell. The smell still brings back many pleasant memories. Of eating them and the activities they were a part of -
Anyway - after noting how I felt after I ate a small bag of Peanut M&M's and the awful migraine to follow - I finally had my cause and effect. It made me sad - but I eventually learned that I love Almonds just as well - although, most restaurants do not serve them as an appetizer for the waiting patrons or can you find a decent bag of raw almonds at any sports event - EVER.
I'd rather trade the small irritant or wanting a snack over a migraine any day of the week. I also learned that MSG and aspartame give me a different sort of migraine and cause my TMJ to act up respectively.
I suppose my point is, you must be your own detective and provide as much information as you can to your doctor. It will help them in determining a course of treatment for you if you ever need it.
Good luck to you and keep on asking questions. I am sure someone else will chime in here with their more seasoned musings.
Rose

Last edited by rose4me; 05-18-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
(female)

skeeweeaka HB User

Hello,

You would benefit from doing some liver flushes, there are several different ones out there, they are inexpensive, and can flush your liver and gallbladder gettng rid of the symptoms. You can check out Hulda Clark's books on natural healing!

Last edited by moderator2; 05-19-2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 05-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
(female)

aileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB User

I had my gallbladder removed and the best thing would be to switch from a low carb diet to a low fat diet. If it's a problem with the gallbladder your doctor is going to put you on a low fat diet anyways (for most people it is six weeks) so it's best to start getting use to it already. It will be almost impossible to do a low fat and low carb diet!

I decided to schedule the surgery as soon as the doctor had an opening because
I was in the ER and there was another patient that needed emergency gallbladder surgery. The doctor made him wait because was busy "consulting" patients. The poor guy was in severe pain and he had to wait 2 hours!!

My symptoms were mild: pain under the rib cage, feel fatigue, back pain but I got the surgery because I had insurance (now I don't)

But if you are really worried-consult with a gastro first. A general doctor is just going to refer you to a gastro anyways so try to skip that cost.

Call ahead and ask about the payment and the cost of the scan. The most important thing is to get a scan and a diagnosis. Then your doctor can tell you if you need to have it removed and give you a timeline. To apply for state aid, I think there has to be a diagnosis.

The operation is expensive! My insurance was charged about 14,000. I also had to pay the hospital about $600 and the anesthilogist (sp?) $700 that was not covered by insurance.

Good luck and don't wait too long!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
(female)

skeeweeaka HB User

It's cheaper to do a liver flush, some grapefruit, some lemons, some organic apple juice, some olive oil, some time! Whether you have insurance or not, having your gallbladder removed is a waste of money, time, and dangerous! Instead a liver flush cleanses both your gallbladder and liver of stones and debris, I did it myself, was jaundiced, had gallstones, and found out I had parasites blocking my liver! I'm three months in and still flushing my liver twice a month, my liver function tests have been better and I'm feeling better!

The bottom line is that if you have gallbladder issues, then your liver is congested or worse. The surgury is a temporary fix, and I eat fat, healthy fats, olive oil, organic coconut oil, etc. Have it taken out and eating any fat wll become painful!

Have a great day!

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-22-2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Old 05-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
(female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User

skeeweeaka - has a good idea regarding liver and gall bladder flushes. It works for many people - yet not everyone.
MikeV2121 - If you try the gall bladder or liver flushes - you should also journal the recipes and the results - the good,bad and the ugly. Gall bladder issues can often be resolved without surgery - but there are a few, that it absolutely cannot. For some of us, it was crucial to survival, as a complication of other gastro troubles. Stay in Touch and let us know how you are coming along.
Rose

Closed Thread