It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

sassycheer13 HB User
Unhappy Please help unbearable stomach pains!!!

Hello everyone,
Im 18 years old and a senior in high school. My mom doesn't have insurance on me and doesn't have money to take me to the doctor. So I have had stomach problems since 6th grade. They come and go. I just can't take it anymore I just wanna live a normal life. I have tried to eat healthy but my parents don't cook so I usually get a t.v. dinner. Any suggestions on something healthy i can prepare myself? I have also been under A LOT of stress is that a possibility of the cause of my stomach pain. My pain usually comes at night but does come at other times. Like last weekend I had prom something thats suppose to be fun and enjoyable but noo my stomach was hurting the whole time. Like I get nervous and I can't control it. Seems that I make myself so nervous my stomach starts hurting. But I don't mean to be nervous and i can't control it. I just hate my stomach pain and i can't take it anymore. I also seem to have a problem with sleeping. Like I can be extremely tired through the day but then when i get home and its time to lay down and go to sleep I can't. I also feel really hot one moment and cold the next. Its really aggrivating. And when ever I eat my stomach usually hurts for a little while after eating no matter what it is. I'm 5''6 and 121 pounds so I'm not overweight but I'm so sick of these problems I just wanna be a normal teenager for once and get rid of these stomach pains I usually dont poop but every 3-7 days and i know thats not healthy but i dont know how to change it. I know that doens't help my stomach. But I also have been really snapppy lately to people I really care about. And then i feel bad right afterwards. I've also felt really dizzy lately everytime i get up for a few seconds. Could I possibly have anxiety problems at 18? I also recently became sexually involved and won't to be put on birth control but once again have no insurance, no money, can't talk to mom about this problem soo i have no clue what to do. I'm always stressed with work, homework, college, and home problems. Someone out there please help me. I'd go to the doctor but I dont have insurance and have no money.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2010, 04:41 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Please help unbearable stomach pains!!!

Hi,I can relate to the insurance problems...you do have options though.
One is to save your money and find a doctor.They usually charge about 75 dollars for the visit with no insurance (I know that is a lot) You tell them you have no insurance though and usually can get some samples of medication and a brand that is cheaper.
Or you can try going to the emergency room one time when it is acting up and really bad.(which also sucks,but we uninsured don't have a lot of options)

Or you could utilize the internet and try e-mailing doctors in your area and try to find someone who may take you on a sliding scale.

I have a few guesses about what's going on with you,but I'm not a doctor.

Pooping every 3-7 days is definitely not normal.Your pains COULD indicate that your intestines are filled with waste
that is hard.A doctor will be able to tell if this is the case by feeling your stomach.
They may tell you to use an enema to get things going.
But you could have a blockage of some kind preventing it and they may want to do an Xray.

Or it could be something as simple as Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).

Do you eat enough fiber? Drink enough water?

Do you get nauseas when you get this stomach pain? Throw up ever?

Old 05-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

caltripp HB User

If you don't have insurance, I recommend that you don't waste your money on doctors. My 11 yr old daughter has the same problem. She has had x-rays, CT, stool tests for parasites, h.pylori test for bacteria.....all come out negitive for anything abnormal. Yet she has been plaqued with reoccurent, constant stomache aches which seem to be getting worse. I am worried that she will be like you...18 and sick of being sick! We have tried anti-acids...which don't help. She is somewhat of worry wart too and stress may play apart. At first, the doctors just said she had constipation and told us to give her Miralax. If you read the lable, it says that it may cause stomach ache....which is what I am trying to get rid of and not to take if you have a stomach ache (so we never gave it too her). She has frequent diarrea...and lately has had healthy looking stools, but still has the stomach ache. Some of your discomfort could be constipation and I suggest you try a product called "internal flush". It's all natural and makes you have to "go" about 12-15 hrs after you take it...and it doesn't cramp your stomach.

Frustrated with the doctors, I have been doing a lot of research and I found 2 other possiblities. The lastest is a disorder called fructose malabsorption (FM). My daughter has all the symptoms and I have contacted a gastroenterologist who has a hydrogen breath test machine and can do the test for FM. Since you don't have the $$ to see the Dr., you can do a trial diet and see if it helps. If it does, then that may be your problem. You can google fructose malabsorption to find the info on it.

Another thing you can look into is Vitamin Defiencies....esp. Vit. B's. A vitamin B12 defiency can cause all sorts of problems...including gastrointestinal.

One more thing you can do. You can buy a probiotics supplement. This helps replace the natural flora and bactiera needed in your gut that may have been lost. I take this and a mult-vitamin with digestive mulit -enzyme suppliments in it. I was having problems with gas and burping. Since I started taking these, my problem has gone away. I order all my suppliments online or you should be able to find these at walmart or nutrional stores like GNC.

Hope this info helps and at least one of these suggestions work for you to at least reduce your symptoms.

Good luck!

Last edited by moderator2; 05-20-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 04-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

captain fred HB User

stress is one of the main causes of digestive problems. Get rid of the TV dinners, start eating healthy and eliminate the stress and that should go a long to correcting the problems. Eat only when feeling relaxed, take your time take small bites,chew food well and never ever eat while stressed. Eating should be a pleasant experienced not a rushed stressed experience when you just toss some junk into your stomach and run around all stressed out.

Last edited by captain fred; 04-06-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
You are definitely suffering from stress. This in turn will cause your stomach issues.
If you are living at home with your family, next time your mother goes shopping go with her and suggest some healthy Fruit and Veg. You need to have regular bowel movements and that means at least once daily. Also try eating fresh/dried figs or prunes everyday. Drink lots of water as well and dont forget exercise. Even a good walk everyday will be beneficial to your mind and body.
If your parents wont cook then why dont you, It's not rocket science cooking and you can find all sorts of healthy receipies in books and online, you might just suprise your family.
It's important to learn to relax, alow yourself time to do what you enjoy doing and keep to it.
Give it a try and I'm sure you will soon feel much better and the stomach issues will be less bothersome. I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety acid stomach stress pelvic pain urethra, birth control, stomach ache, stomach hurts after eating, ulcers