It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #16
(male)

idkwia HB Useridkwia HB User
Re: chronic unexplained nausea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitimbo View Post
Hi Aussiegirl, I'm from oz also & I've had a very long history with chronic, undiagnosed nausea. It started about 12 years ago, after a string of very large stuff ups by the medical profession. In short - i lost the use of my teeth/jaw for a period of time & the prolonged lack of chewing seemed to stop my stomach from functioning properly. I ended up with 24/7 chronic nausea that lasted a couple of years. It was terrible. I considered doing myself in on several occasions but each time, the nausea eased off just enough to keep me going. I've slowly improved over the years, no longer have chronic nausea, just get it now & again. I've never regained any semblance of an appetite/ thirst though. I eat/drink like a robot, according to a schedule. Altho my experience is probably different to yours, I've been through every test imaginable, including all the tests you've listed and they've never found a "cause". They've just told me it's "functional". My tips - sip sparkling mineral water, it's the best thing by far for nausea in my experience. Also, take 10mls of liverplex 3 times a day (I picked up rapidly with this) & don't get depressed if the tests come back negative. Diagnostic medicine is still in the dark ages.
Nikitimbo - welcome to this forum. Sorry to hear that you suffered for so long but pleased to hear that things are now much better.
I am interested in what you said about Liverplex. May I ask what made you take it in the first place, was it suggested for nausea by a doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #17
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
PS if you're still experiencing weight loss (I struggled to keep the weight on until I discovered this) - try having "Ensure" hospital formula every day to supplement your meals, this stuff saved my life. It has everything you need nutrition-wise, and pretty much digests itself (technically you can live off it). All the best with everything & I hope things improve for you.
Dear Nikitimbo
thanks so much for your information. I will definitely try the mineral water, the Ensure, and the liverplex...
are you on any medications that helped you?
aussiegirl2

Old 09-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #18
(female)

Nikitimbo HB User

HHi guys, nope Liverplex wasn't advised to me by a doctor, I just happened across it. Actually nothing that’s ever worked for me (re nausea/digestive problems) came from doctor’s advice*.

*I'm sure others get a lot of help/benefit from doctors. I have nothing against them personally (they can only apply what they learn from uni/the field). But, from my experience, unless you have a cancerous tumour or something specifically testable/treatable (which is usually always something science came across by accident and doesn't fully understand) doctors are just as much in the dark as patients (actually, usually more so, b/c patients have a much greater incentive to research their particular symptoms). Unfortunately, most doctors have egos and they're loath to admit this. It's much nicer for them if patients think they're all-knowing gurus who have all the answers (although I did find a GI who was comfortable enough in his skin to admit that they haven't even scratched the surface when it comes to understanding our digestive tracts).

One thing I did learn from one GI was that "chronic" nausea is most likely sourced from your lower intestine. Not your stomach. This is why you can go without eating for a while and have no let-up in the nausea. This seems to hold true/make sense to me.

Re other meds/remedies that have worked for me: I've tried pretty much everything available to kick the nausea, prescribed and herbal. The side effects from prescription meds (e.g. Maxolon -*shiver*) were worse than the nausea (if that's possible). I think when you lose heaps of weight/get physically weak, you become more susceptible to side effects. On the herbal front - almost everything I've tried has been a waste of money. The stalwart herb for nausea, “ginger", has never had a discernible effect on me. A doctor suggested once that I try marijuana. I managed to get a hold of some through a friend of a friend (you can’t have it prescribed unless you have cancer), but, again, it didn't help at all.

However, occasionally, I'll hit on something that works like a charm (nb I’m a total sceptic when it comes to these things, so it always comes as a huge surprise). Liverplex was one of them (10mls, 2-3 times a day). If I run out of it/don't take it for a few days, I find it really hard to eat and the nausea starts to creep back.

I also found another amazing substance that changed my life (for the period it was available). A white mineral powder from “Musashi” called "Fu" (for digestive problems). It gave me an appetite. I figured it just happened to hit on exactly the thing that was lacking in my gut. Unfortunately they stopped making it (and my appetite went away again). I tried making it up myself from individual ingredients, but oddly it didn’t work. I now take Musashi's "Huan", which doesn't work anywhere near as well as the Fu (also, unlike for Liverplex, when I run out of the Huan, I barely feel anything).

Other things that have worked for me:
* Sandra Cabot's “magnesium complete” - doesn't do much directly for nausea but it's amazing for stress. Nb - I've tried countless other magnesium brands, and none of them had any discernible effect on me. This is the only magnesium pill where you can actually feel it working. After about 20 mins of taking it, you feel like you're on a double dose of Valium, but in a good way (if you don't get that effect, you probably don't need it). Proper magnesium is so good for you, on so many levels, and you also can’t overdose on it.
* Pretorius peppermint pills (no longer available) - these were absolutely amazing, incredibly relieving and great for the nausea. Something I came to depend upon. Unfortunately, they stopped making them . I've tried pretty much every other peppermint pill on the market (overseas/domestic) and nothing else works. From my research, the consensus seems to be that the Pretorius peppermint pills were the only ones with enteric coatings strong enough to withstand the stomach acids, to make it through to the small intestine (nb peppermint will just make you sicker if it bursts in your stomach)
* Ensure - again, I owe my life/career to this stuff. I had chronic insomnia as well as nausea. I relied on medication to put me to sleep. I had to get tailors to take in my size 6 clothes (it was a constant struggle to keep the weight on). This went on for about 10 years, before I discovered Ensure. I feel a strong surge of wellbeing-energy whenever I have it and I started sleeping perfectly within days of starting to have it. They give it to patients with bowel cancer, who can no longer digest normal food. My eating also gotten (and continues to get) easier and easier since I started this. If they stop making it, I really don't know what i'll do.
* Zyprexa (anti-psychotic that has the side effect of increased appetite) – if you want to go down the medication route, I was given this stuff to give me an appetite. It works like a charm, and puts a cap on the nausea. Problem is, it has other nasty side-effects. You feel sleepy all the time and you get very angry for no reason (I have a bad temper so it wasn’t terrific for me ☺). It was great for putting me to sleep but I had to drag myself through every day just to stay awake (I’m off it now and just take Liverplex, Huan, Ensure & magnesium). This one’s a last resort in my opinion.

Apart from the above, I also take fish oil tablets. But (unlike the above) I've never actually ‘felt’ these working, I just hear they’re meant to be good for you.

One more thing (I should be studying/working ), which is completely off-topic and probably of no use to you. But...if “depression” ever becomes a problem for you guys (and for me, for what I’ve been thru, I think it was inevitable), if the doctors put you on SSRI's and they don't work for you, have a search online for "Stablon". Everyone who writes about it, raves about it. I’ve never read anything negative, and for me it’s pretty much made me feel human again.

It's not available in Australia. The sole reason for this - the manufacturer (Servier) discovered its efficacy for depression (they were testing it for schizophrenia without luck) at the end of its patent. This meant they had no incentive to go through the very expensive process (of duplicated medical trials etc) to get it registered in more than a few select countries - France, Germany and a couple of others. My doctor writes me a script for it and I order it through a pharmacy registered with “Pharmacy checker” (a charity organisation that works with the USA drugs administration, to verify the legitimacy of licensed on-line pharmacies).

Stablon (an SSRE) works in the opposite way to SSRIs. It reduces (rather than increases) the amount of serotonin in your brain. But (by doing so) it boosts the levels of dopamine - which turns out to be the thing that I'm deficient in.

If (like me) you get depression from this, and anti-depressants don't work for you, it could be that dopamine is your problem, and not serotonin. Please forgive my scepticism here but - there really is no independence b/w the medical profession and the pharmaceutical companies. There's absolutely no money in marketing and distributing a medication that’s out of patent (I'm a lawyer, so I have a good understanding of what an arse the law is). The reason not more doctors prescribe this stuff is that, if a med is not registered here, the doctor can’t pass on any insurance-indemnity claim to the manufacturer if you have a bad reaction to it.

Fingers crossed your doctors will find the cause of your problems, but if they don't - please remember - there is no such thing as an untreatable patient. There are just patients who haven’t been given the right treatment. If you don't feel well and they can't find what's wrong with you (and unless you have Munchausen syndrome or hypochondria - which makes up about 0.00001% of undiagnosed patients - making the chances of you having it almost nil) it isn't "in your head". You just happen to be a patient who has something that is one of the 99% of things to do with the human body that science still hasn't got its head around yet.

Hope this helps and sorry for the long thesis.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #19
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
HHi guys, nope Liverplex wasn't advised to me by a doctor, I just happened across it. Actually nothing that’s ever worked for me (re nausea/digestive problems) came from doctor’s advice*.

*I'm sure others get a lot of help/benefit from doctors. I have nothing against them personally (they can only apply what they learn from uni/the field). But, from my experience, unless you have a cancerous tumour or something specifically testable/treatable (which is usually always something science came across by accident and doesn't fully understand) doctors are just as much in the dark as patients (actually, usually more so, b/c patients have a much greater incentive to research their particular symptoms). Unfortunately, most doctors have egos and they're loath to admit this. It's much nicer for them if patients think they're all-knowing gurus who have all the answers (although I did find a GI who was comfortable enough in his skin to admit that they haven't even scratched the surface when it comes to understanding our digestive tracts).

One thing I did learn from one GI was that "chronic" nausea is most likely sourced from your lower intestine. Not your stomach. This is why you can go without eating for a while and have no let-up in the nausea. This seems to hold true/make sense to me.

Re other meds/remedies that have worked for me: I've tried pretty much everything available to kick the nausea, prescribed and herbal. The side effects from prescription meds (e.g. Maxolon -*shiver*) were worse than the nausea (if that's possible). I think when you lose heaps of weight/get physically weak, you become more susceptible to side effects. On the herbal front - almost everything I've tried has been a waste of money. The stalwart herb for nausea, “ginger", has never had a discernible effect on me. A doctor suggested once that I try marijuana. I managed to get a hold of some through a friend of a friend (you can’t have it prescribed unless you have cancer), but, again, it didn't help at all.

However, occasionally, I'll hit on something that works like a charm (nb I’m a total sceptic when it comes to these things, so it always comes as a huge surprise). Liverplex was one of them (10mls, 2-3 times a day). If I run out of it/don't take it for a few days, I find it really hard to eat and the nausea starts to creep back.

I also found another amazing substance that changed my life (for the period it was available). A white mineral powder from “Musashi” called "Fu" (for digestive problems). It gave me an appetite. I figured it just happened to hit on exactly the thing that was lacking in my gut. Unfortunately they stopped making it (and my appetite went away again). I tried making it up myself from individual ingredients, but oddly it didn’t work. I now take Musashi's "Huan", which doesn't work anywhere near as well as the Fu (also, unlike for Liverplex, when I run out of the Huan, I barely feel anything).

Other things that have worked for me:
* Sandra Cabot's “magnesium complete” - doesn't do much directly for nausea but it's amazing for stress. Nb - I've tried countless other magnesium brands, and none of them had any discernible effect on me. This is the only magnesium pill where you can actually feel it working. After about 20 mins of taking it, you feel like you're on a double dose of Valium, but in a good way (if you don't get that effect, you probably don't need it). Proper magnesium is so good for you, on so many levels, and you also can’t overdose on it.
* Pretorius peppermint pills (no longer available) - these were absolutely amazing, incredibly relieving and great for the nausea. Something I came to depend upon. Unfortunately, they stopped making them . I've tried pretty much every other peppermint pill on the market (overseas/domestic) and nothing else works. From my research, the consensus seems to be that the Pretorius peppermint pills were the only ones with enteric coatings strong enough to withstand the stomach acids, to make it through to the small intestine (nb peppermint will just make you sicker if it bursts in your stomach)
* Ensure - again, I owe my life/career to this stuff. I had chronic insomnia as well as nausea. I relied on medication to put me to sleep. I had to get tailors to take in my size 6 clothes (it was a constant struggle to keep the weight on). This went on for about 10 years, before I discovered Ensure. I feel a strong surge of wellbeing-energy whenever I have it and I started sleeping perfectly within days of starting to have it. They give it to patients with bowel cancer, who can no longer digest normal food. My eating also gotten (and continues to get) easier and easier since I started this. If they stop making it, I really don't know what i'll do.
* Zyprexa (anti-psychotic that has the side effect of increased appetite) – if you want to go down the medication route, I was given this stuff to give me an appetite. It works like a charm, and puts a cap on the nausea. Problem is, it has other nasty side-effects. You feel sleepy all the time and you get very angry for no reason (I have a bad temper so it wasn’t terrific for me ☺). It was great for putting me to sleep but I had to drag myself through every day just to stay awake (I’m off it now and just take Liverplex, Huan, Ensure & magnesium). This one’s a last resort in my opinion.

Apart from the above, I also take fish oil tablets. But (unlike the above) I've never actually ‘felt’ these working, I just hear they’re meant to be good for you.

One more thing (I should be studying/working ), which is completely off-topic and probably of no use to you. But...if “depression” ever becomes a problem for you guys (and for me, for what I’ve been thru, I think it was inevitable), if the doctors put you on SSRI's and they don't work for you, have a search online for "Stablon". Everyone who writes about it, raves about it. I’ve never read anything negative, and for me it’s pretty much made me feel human again.

It's not available in Australia. The sole reason for this - the manufacturer (Servier) discovered its efficacy for depression (they were testing it for schizophrenia without luck) at the end of its patent. This meant they had no incentive to go through the very expensive process (of duplicated medical trials etc) to get it registered in more than a few select countries - France, Germany and a couple of others. My doctor writes me a script for it and I order it through a pharmacy registered with “Pharmacy checker” (a charity organisation that works with the USA drugs administration, to verify the legitimacy of licensed on-line pharmacies).

Stablon (an SSRE) works in the opposite way to SSRIs. It reduces (rather than increases) the amount of serotonin in your brain. But (by doing so) it boosts the levels of dopamine - which turns out to be the thing that I'm deficient in.

If (like me) you get depression from this, and anti-depressants don't work for you, it could be that dopamine is your problem, and not serotonin. Please forgive my scepticism here but - there really is no independence b/w the medical profession and the pharmaceutical companies. There's absolutely no money in marketing and distributing a medication that’s out of patent (I'm a lawyer, so I have a good understanding of what an arse the law is). The reason not more doctors prescribe this stuff is that, if a med is not registered here, the doctor can’t pass on any insurance-indemnity claim to the manufacturer if you have a bad reaction to it.

Fingers crossed your doctors will find the cause of your problems, but if they don't - please remember - there is no such thing as an untreatable patient. There are just patients who haven’t been given the right treatment. If you don't feel well and they can't find what's wrong with you (and unless you have Munchausen syndrome or hypochondria - which makes up about 0.00001% of undiagnosed patients - making the chances of you having it almost nil) it isn't "in your head". You just happen to be a patient who has something that is one of the 99% of things to do with the human body that science still hasn't got its head around yet.

Hope this helps and sorry for the long thesis.

thanks so much for all your information. I do appreciate it. I have just started on Zyprexa and it has made me hungry and also taken away lots of the nausea.
I will investigate getting the musashi powder and the liverplex.. but can you clarify if you take the liquid ( which is called liverplex detox) or the liverplex capsules??
either way i will order what you take.. given it has seemed to help you.
i really appreciate your information!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
(female)

Nikitimbo HB User

Sorry, just one more thing (and just to repeat myself again) - sipping sparkling mineral water (lemonade has a similar effect - just avoid the over-sugery stuff) has always been by far the best way to relieve my nausea (may not work for everyone but its a godsend for me). If you take a drink of it, the nausea should subside for awhile. When it comes back, take another swig. This also kills two birds with one stone - it helps the nausea and keeps you hydrated (nausea thrives from dehydration, and when you're nauseated you lose your thirst). Again, i didn't get this from a doctor, its all just trial and error and whatever works for you. Right, I'll shuttup now

Old 09-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #21
(female)

Nikitimbo HB User

Liverplex liquid!! Don't take the capsules, it defeats the purpose (it's for your liver, capsules take breaking down, the liquid gives it a break). I get it from a website called "Sporty's Health". They have it heaps cheaper than others, and I've never had grief from them with the delivery time. If they don't have it in stock they don't sell it to you (I've tried so many of these vitamin sellers and this is the only one that seems to have their act together). Good luck with the Zyprexa, it can be a good way to kick start things (ie the more nourished you are, the more likely things will start working again)

Old 09-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #22
(female)

Nikitimbo HB User

Sorry - yes it's "liverplex detox" from Greenridge, the liquid. You can get it in chemists but costs a lot more than online. And no worries, I've spent (what feels like a lifetime) dealing with this stuff. I owe a lot to forums like this one. I've picked up info from them that has made a huge difference to me (I found out about Ensure & Stablon through reading other people's posts). Its nice to be able to pass on some of what I've learned.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #23
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Liverplex liquid!! Don't take the capsules, it defeats the purpose (it's for your liver, capsules take breaking down, the liquid gives it a break). I get it from a website called "Sporty's Health". They have it heaps cheaper than others, and I've never had grief from them with the delivery time. If they don't have it in stock they don't sell it to you (I've tried so many of these vitamin sellers and this is the only one that seems to have their act together). Good luck with the Zyprexa, it can be a good way to kick start things (ie the more nourished you are, the more likely things will start working again)
thanks so much, i will get it today. and also the musashi powder. Im willing to try anothing. although the zyprexa is helping,.. i still get nausea.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #24
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
sorry to bother you again. but how often do you take the musashi huan? do you take the powder in water?
do you think it makes a difference?
thanks again! your advice is invaluable.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #25
(male)

I have been suffering from constant nausea for more than 2 years now. Like you guys I have searched many forums and other places and I agree that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others. For example I took Zyprexa (Olanzapine) for several months but it didn't make any difference at all although it didn't give me any side effects. Whilst I think of it how much of this did you take Nikitimbo and how much do you take Aussiegirl2?
I have come across many people who have found relief from many things or they found they have a certain condition. One of the more common things for people who suffer chronic nausea was that they found they were intolerant to certain foods e.g. one girl was intolerant to almonds even though she had eaten them all her life. She stopped eating them and made a full recovery. I have found several others who were found to be suffering from Fructose Malabsorption which is much more common than people realise. The treatment of Fructose Malabsorption is being pioneered in Australia. Several people were found to have H. Pylori, others had Celiacs disease. One lady cured her nausea by taking a product called Miralax as she discovered she was chronically constipated. One guy who suffered constantly with nausea cured himself by taking a probiotic called Align which has a probiotic called B. Infantis in it. I even found one lady who noticed that her nausea went away when she was eating and hence she put on a lot of weight until she started eating chewing gum. By chewing gum most of the time her nausea went away and after a while stayed away completely.
I have seen 11 gastroenterlologists and all have told me that nausea is almost always caused by a problem in the upper GI tract. I have even had surgery on an internal prolapse of the colon as it was thought that my nausea was being caused by an inability to empty my colon properly.
There are several products like Ensure Plus to help put on weight, others are called Absorb Plus and Scandishake. I haven't had to take any of these yet but they have been on my radar for many months.
Aussiegirl2, please let me know how you get on with Liverplex Detox as I may give this a try.
My theory on idiopathic nausea is that it is caused by yet to be discovered pathogens and this is why I am so interested in Faecal Transplantation pioneered by Prof Borody at the Centre for Digestive Diseases in Australia.
However, I am always interested in hearing about things that have helped others just in case they may work for me, so any ideas are most welcome.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #26
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwia View Post
I have been suffering from constant nausea for more than 2 years now. Like you guys I have searched many forums and other places and I agree that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others. For example I took Zyprexa (Olanzapine) for several months but it didn't make any difference at all although it didn't give me any side effects. Whilst I think of it how much of this did you take Nikitimbo and how much do you take Aussiegirl2?
I have come across many people who have found relief from many things or they found they have a certain condition. One of the more common things for people who suffer chronic nausea was that they found they were intolerant to certain foods e.g. one girl was intolerant to almonds even though she had eaten them all her life. She stopped eating them and made a full recovery. I have found several others who were found to be suffering from Fructose Malabsorption which is much more common than people realise. The treatment of Fructose Malabsorption is being pioneered in Australia. Several people were found to have H. Pylori, others had Celiacs disease. One lady cured her nausea by taking a product called Miralax as she discovered she was chronically constipated. One guy who suffered constantly with nausea cured himself by taking a probiotic called Align which has a probiotic called B. Infantis in it. I even found one lady who noticed that her nausea went away when she was eating and hence she put on a lot of weight until she started eating chewing gum. By chewing gum most of the time her nausea went away and after a while stayed away completely.
I have seen 11 gastroenterlologists and all have told me that nausea is almost always caused by a problem in the upper GI tract. I have even had surgery on an internal prolapse of the colon as it was thought that my nausea was being caused by an inability to empty my colon properly.
There are several products like Ensure Plus to help put on weight, others are called Absorb Plus and Scandishake. I haven't had to take any of these yet but they have been on my radar for many months.
Aussiegirl2, please let me know how you get on with Liverplex Detox as I may give this a try.
My theory on idiopathic nausea is that it is caused by yet to be discovered pathogens and this is why I am so interested in Faecal Transplantation pioneered by Prof Borody at the Centre for Digestive Diseases in Australia.
However, I am always interested in hearing about things that have helped others just in case they may work for me, so any ideas are most welcome.

Hi idwikia
i am taking 5 mg of Zyprexa at night and it seems to be working though I do still get some nausea after I eat. I am also taking zantac in the afternoons as i get reflux.
i am getting the liverplex tomorrow and will start taking it and let you know.
i have also started takung the probiotic that dr borody recommended.
so far the zyprexa has taken the edge off my nausea.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #27
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl2 View Post
Hi idwikia
i am taking 5 mg of Zyprexa at night and it seems to be working though I do still get some nausea after I eat. I am also taking zantac in the afternoons as i get reflux.
i am getting the liverplex tomorrow and will start taking it and let you know.
i have also started takung the probiotic that dr borody recommended.
so far the zyprexa has taken the edge off my nausea.
That is interesting, I was only taking 2.5mgs of Zyprexa, maybe I will try it again at a higher dose. I have seen research papers proving that Zyprexa (Olanzapine) is excellent for the treatment of nausea. I did find that it made me tired though, are you finding this?
What was the probiotic that Borody suggested, was it VSL#3?
I have now recieved the antibiotics from Borody and they are rifaxamin and vancomycin, are they the ones he gave you? I have to take them every day for at least a month I think. I am going to have to build my courage up for this. I normally just take any pills that doctors give me without a second thought but having read so many times that antibiotics also kill of the good bacteria I am rather nervous. I am seeing my gastro next week so I will discuss with him. To be honest I would much rather do faecal transplantation than take antibiotics.
Good luck with the Liverplex, let me know how it goes.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #28
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
That is interesting, I was only taking 2.5mgs of Zyprexa, maybe I will try it again at a higher dose. I have seen research papers proving that Zyprexa (Olanzapine) is excellent for the treatment of nausea. I did find that it made me tired though, are you finding this?
What was the probiotic that Borody suggested, was it VSL#3?
I have now recieved the antibiotics from Borody and they are rifaxamin and vancomycin, are they the ones he gave you? I have to take them every day for at least a month I think. I am going to have to build my courage up for this. I normally just take any pills that doctors give me without a second thought but having read so many times that antibiotics also kill of the good bacteria I am rather nervous. I am seeing my gastro next week so I will discuss with him. To be honest I would much rather do faecal transplantation than take antibiotics.
Good luck with the Liverplex, let me know how it goes.
hi i take 5 mg at night at about 7.30 pm and it makes me tired but it also makes me sleep well. it might be worth u trying a higher dose.
the probiotic that dr borody suggested is called saccharomyces boulardi. i have only been taking it for a few days , i think the zyprexa is making the difference though.
i would give the antibiotics a go. they didnt have any side effects and its worth a try...
im getting the liverplex today so will advise how it goes.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #29
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl2 View Post
hi i take 5 mg at night at about 7.30 pm and it makes me tired but it also makes me sleep well. it might be worth u trying a higher dose.
the probiotic that dr borody suggested is called saccharomyces boulardi. i have only been taking it for a few days , i think the zyprexa is making the difference though.
i would give the antibiotics a go. they didnt have any side effects and its worth a try...
im getting the liverplex today so will advise how it goes.
Very interesting, S. Boulardi is normally used for diarrhoea, do you have any diarrhoea? Either way let me know how it goes.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #30
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Very interesting, S. Boulardi is normally used for diarrhoea, do you have any diarrhoea? Either way let me know how it goes.
how are you going?

Closed Thread