It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #31
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User
Re: chronic unexplained nausea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitimbo View Post
Liverplex liquid!! Don't take the capsules, it defeats the purpose (it's for your liver, capsules take breaking down, the liquid gives it a break). I get it from a website called "Sporty's Health". They have it heaps cheaper than others, and I've never had grief from them with the delivery time. If they don't have it in stock they don't sell it to you (I've tried so many of these vitamin sellers and this is the only one that seems to have their act together). Good luck with the Zyprexa, it can be a good way to kick start things (ie the more nourished you are, the more likely things will start working again)
hi nikitimbo
i got some liver tabletes but today i ordered the liquid. how important is the stablon do u think in helping your nausea? im taking lexapro as well as olanzapine.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #32
(male)

idkwia HB Useridkwia HB User

Aussiegirl2 - I found another lady on another board who cured her chronic nausea by using Levosulpiride. I have now seen various research papers which report excellent results with functional dyspepsia which includes nausea and acid reflux. One of the papers can be found here:- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1936295/ I know you are trying other things at the moment but this seems worth putting on your list of things to try.

In the meantime, let me know how you get on with the Liverplex please.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #33
(male)

Nikitimbo - I assume you took the LiverPlex made by Greenridge is that right? Also, you say to take it 3 times per day, are there any particularly good times to take it e.g. before meals?

Old 09-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #34
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwia View Post
Nikitimbo - I assume you took the LiverPlex made by Greenridge is that right? Also, you say to take it 3 times per day, are there any particularly good times to take it e.g. before meals?
hi i have ordered the liquid so i will start taking it when it arrives.
i will also ask my doc about that drug levosulpiride
thanks!

Old 10-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #35
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl2 View Post
hi i have ordered the liquid so i will start taking it when it arrives.
i will also ask my doc about that drug levosulpiride
thanks!
Aussiegirl - how are you getting on with the Liverplex, any results yet?

I am not doing so well. I just cannot find anything that helps.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #36
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

hi idwika
sorry to hear things are not good. u have to try olanzapine 10 mgs a night.

this is what i take and it works,.

i also take in the morning ...a liver supplement, zinc, s boullardi, and calcium
at night i am taking 20 mgs lexapro and a dose of the liverplex ( it tastes awful)

i think the olanzapine is what is making me well. pls try it at a higher dose

aussiegirl 2

Old 10-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #37
(male)

Quote:
hi idwika
sorry to hear things are not good. u have to try olanzapine 10 mgs a night.

this is what i take and it works,.

i also take in the morning ...a liver supplement, zinc, s boullardi, and calcium
at night i am taking 20 mgs lexapro and a dose of the liverplex ( it tastes awful)

i think the olanzapine is what is making me well. pls try it at a higher dose

aussiegirl 2
Aussiegirl - wow, so pleased to hear that you have got relief. Has the nausea gone completely?

I was only taking 2.5mg of Olanzapine. Have you got any side effects from it, does it make you feel tired?

Why are you also taking Lexapro another anti-depressant?

Are you sure that it is Olanzapine that is helping?

Old 10-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #38
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwia View Post
Aussiegirl - wow, so pleased to hear that you have got relief. Has the nausea gone completely?

I was only taking 2.5mg of Olanzapine. Have you got any side effects from it, does it make you feel tired?

Why are you also taking Lexapro another anti-depressant?

Are you sure that it is Olanzapine that is helping?
hi idwika
yes on a good day the nausea has gone completely. the side effects are drowsiness thats why u have to take it at night,
i would rather feel tired than sick...
i am sure it is the olanzapine as i had nausea about 2 weeks ago and upped the dose and it went away.

im taking lexapro as i started to get really depressed about being sick. ( it also helps to calm the gut down as well)

im feeling good.. and im sure its the olanzapine.

give it a try at a higher dose. 5 mgs at least.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #39
(male)

taker HB User

Nausea can be caused by Hyponatremia.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:23 AM   #40
(female)

ml1227 HB User

Aussiegirl2 and idwkia,

I seem to have the same problem. My nausea started with what I thought was a stomach bug back in July. The nausea just keep coming back. I would have a few good days and then the nausea would be back. Now i have it everyday. It seems to happen when I eat. When I wake up in the morning I am not nauseated. I have to eat very plain and lowfat foods which helps a little. I had an endscope, bloodwork, abdominal ultrasound, abdominal cat scan and they found nothing wrong with me. My GI Dr told me there was nothing he could do for me because my stomach is fine. I am now looking for a new doctor. I am begining to develop anxiety from this and it is making the nausea worse. I have been prescribed remeron. Do you have any experience with this drug. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #41
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml1227 View Post
Aussiegirl2 and idwkia,

I seem to have the same problem. My nausea started with what I thought was a stomach bug back in July. The nausea just keep coming back. I would have a few good days and then the nausea would be back. Now i have it everyday. It seems to happen when I eat. When I wake up in the morning I am not nauseated. I have to eat very plain and lowfat foods which helps a little. I had an endscope, bloodwork, abdominal ultrasound, abdominal cat scan and they found nothing wrong with me. My GI Dr told me there was nothing he could do for me because my stomach is fine. I am now looking for a new doctor. I am begining to develop anxiety from this and it is making the nausea worse. I have been prescribed remeron. Do you have any experience with this drug. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ml1227 - welcome to this thread. Sorry to hear of your problem. It is very frustrating when a doctor says he cannot help.
I was also prescribed mirtazapine (Remeron), it is supposed to be very good for anxiety. It can also be very good for nausea. I have come across a few people who had their nausea almost cured by mirtazapine at 30mgs per day. Like all anti depressants it takes up to about 6 weeks to get the full effect.
During my illness I have come across other people who have had nausea and found various solutions. I will share them with you and you can perhaps work through them:-
1) You need to have a HIDA with CCK scan to check your gallbladder function as this can cause nausea when eating fatty foods. This would be useful for you as you say you feel sick after eating.
2) You could also have a gastric emptying study which checks to make sure your stomach is emptying properly as if it isn't this can cause nausea. This is called gastroparesis.
3) You could also try taking digestive enzymes as perhaps your system is not producing enough which can cause nausea when eating.
4) You could have become intolerant to certain foods. Intolerance can happen at any time in life. Check out food elimination diets. And also chack out fructose malabsorption.
5) If the Remeron doesn't work you could try Olanzapine. This is good for anxiety and nausea. Aussiegirl has found it very useful at 10mgs per day.
6) Anti-nausea drugs are: promethazine, ondansetron, metoclopramide, domperidone, cyclizine, prochlorperazine. Some people find relief from anything with ginger in it.

This should be enough to keep you going. Let me know how you get on.
Do you have any other symptoms other than nausea.
By the way, what country are you in?

Good luck.

Last edited by idkwia; 11-04-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #42
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml1227 View Post
Aussiegirl2 and idwkia,

hi i havent taken remeron but i know that it is used for nausea. i havehad some success taking a low dose of zyprexa (olanzapine)
i have found taking liver supplements has also helped.
i hope u feel better

Old 11-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #43
(male)

Quote:
hi i havent taken remeron but i know that it is used for nausea. i havehad some success taking a low dose of zyprexa (olanzapine)
i have found taking liver supplements has also helped.
i hope u feel better
Aussiegirl - so do you now think that Liverplex is helping? If so does the bottle have the ingredients on it as I cannot get this is in the UK?

Old 11-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #44
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

hi idwika
here are the ingredients, dandelion root 1.8g
milk thistle seed 1.4g
globe artichoke herb 1 g
schizandra berry 1 g
barberry stem bark 500mg

it tastes awful but i think it is helping, i think the olanzapine is making the biggest difference though.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #45
(male)

Aussiegirl - thanks.
I know I have mentioned this before but do you get worse after eating and if so have you looked into Food Intolerances including Fructose Malabsorption? You can become intolerant to any foods at any age even though previously you had no trouble. It is no good speaking to doctors about this as they do not cover it in their training.
Either way, good luck.

Closed Thread