It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #61
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User
Re: chronic unexplained nausea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml1227 View Post
Did you stop taking the olanzapine? If you did you could be having withdrawal which would make you feel worse. Mirtazapine will take a few weeks to work.
how long do u think the mirtazapine will take as I am feeling worse than before I started taking it! Do you take it .. if so what dosage
thanks

Old 12-15-2010, 06:27 AM   #62
(female)

ml1227 HB User

I took 15 mg and it worked immediately for me. I also took compazine with it. I had become extremely depressed from being nauseated and it lifted me from my depression. I was actually able to stop taking it because I think my nausea was caused by milk products. I have been doing a lot better since I eliminated milk products. I still get nauseated but it's not constant and when I do, I just take compazine. I was told by my doctor that Mirtazapine takes weeks before it works. He was surprised it worked so quickly for me. I had been taking prozac before I started the mirtazapine so it might have been the combination of medicine that helped me so quickly. How long have you been taking it? Are you having any other symptoms besides nausea?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #63
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
I took 15 mg and it worked immediately for me. I also took compazine with it. I had become extremely depressed from being nauseated and it lifted me from my depression. I was actually able to stop taking it because I think my nausea was caused by milk products. I have been doing a lot better since I eliminated milk products. I still get nauseated but it's not constant and when I do, I just take compazine. I was told by my doctor that Mirtazapine takes weeks before it works. He was surprised it worked so quickly for me. I had been taking prozac before I started the mirtazapine so it might have been the combination of medicine that helped me so quickly. How long have you been taking it? Are you having any other symptoms besides nausea?
what is the brand name of compazine? i dont know if we have it in australia. ive only been on mirtazapine for 2 weeks..i was taking lexapro before that.
i also take olanzapine to help regulate my nervous system as it was in over-drive. Nausea is my main symptom,. maybe fatigue and brain fog as well but that could be from the drugs,

Old 12-20-2010, 06:04 AM   #64
(female)

ml1227 HB User

The other name for compazine is prochloroperazine. My nausea has come back and I started to take mirtazapine again. I wish I could figure out what was causing it. I had a good 6 weeks with only slight nausea occasionally. How are you feeling?

Old 12-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #65
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
The other name for compazine is prochloroperazine. My nausea has come back and I started to take mirtazapine again. I wish I could figure out what was causing it. I had a good 6 weeks with only slight nausea occasionally. How are you feeling?
Im still battling with nausea everyday. it comes and goes. i dont think the mirtazapine has made much difference for me. im going to see my gastro tomorrow as we have a plan to try another anti-depressant to see if that helps.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:17 AM   #66
(male)

idkwia HB Useridkwia HB User

Nikitimbo - I have just read your posts again. I would like to ask you what made you try the Musashi Fu and the Liverplex? Had someone recommended that they help with nausea or were you just trying anything? The reason I am asking is that they don't seem to be indicated for nausea and so I am wondering what gave you the idea to try them? There are of course thousands of supplements available and it is hard to decide which ones to try and also when you feel nauseous you don't feel like taking anything.

With regards to Zyprexa (Olanzapine) what dosage were you taking as I have decided to try this again?

Thanks.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #67
(female)

ml1227 HB User

How are you feeling aussiegirl. Has anyone tried the supplement Iberogast.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #68
(male)

Quote:
Yes I tried Iberogast for 2 bottles but did not help me. I understand it can help with non-ulcer dyspepsia and gastritis. Have you tried it?

Old 01-04-2011, 05:35 AM   #69
(female)

ml1227 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwia View Post
Yes I tried Iberogast for 2 bottles but did not help me. I understand it can help with non-ulcer dyspepsia and gastritis. Have you tried it?
No I haven't. I did not know if I should spend the money on it. I have spent a lot of money on different supplements and I dont think any have helped. How are you feeling?

Old 01-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #70
(female)

lisastar HB User

Hi there, new to the site. And I am a believer in cures ailments naturally as much as humanly possible. This might be stupid to say this but maybe you could try ginger juice or ginger tea that way you will still have all your helpful bacteria in your stomach and not worry about the effects of antibiotics.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #71
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisastar View Post
Hi there, new to the site. And I am a believer in cures ailments naturally as much as humanly possible. This might be stupid to say this but maybe you could try ginger juice or ginger tea that way you will still have all your helpful bacteria in your stomach and not worry about the effects of antibiotics.
Thanks for the suggestion but I think that we have all tried ginger many times and a long time ago. If only my constant nausea could be cured with something as simple as ginger it would be heaven. Alas that is not the case.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #72
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
ive been really sick. nothing is seeming to work well for the nausea. ive tried iberogast as well ,, not sure if it helped

The following user gives a hug of support to aussiegirl2:
ml1227 (01-17-2011)
Old 01-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #73
(female)

ml1227 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl2 View Post
ive been really sick. nothing is seeming to work well for the nausea. ive tried iberogast as well ,, not sure if it helped
I'm sorry you are feeling sick. What medicine are you taking?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #74
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
I'm sorry you are feeling sick. What medicine are you taking?
im taking olanzapine, another anti depressant and lots of ginger

Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #75
(female)

ml1227 HB User

How are you feeling Aussiegirl. I am still having nausea almost everyday. I am going to schedule a hida scan to see if its my gallbladder.

Closed Thread