It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User
chronic unexplained nausea

hi everyone
has anyone here had success in overcoming chronic idiopathic nausea?
I would be interested in hearing from your experiences. There was a thread about this a while back.
Tell me what worked for you..
thanks,

aussiegirl2

Old 08-15-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
(male)

idkwia HB Useridkwia HB User
Re: chronic unexplained nausea

Hi aussiegirl2 -

I saw a post elsehwere today who discovered that his constant nausea which he had for 2 months was caused by frustose malabsorption. He went on a FODMAP diet and he is now cured.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-15-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwia View Post
Hi aussiegirl2 -

I saw a post elsehwere today who discovered that his constant nausea which he had for 2 months was caused by frustose malabsorption. He went on a FODMAP diet and he is now cured.
hi idwkia
i am going to be tested for that when i see mynew gastro.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl2 View Post
hi idwkia
i am going to be tested for that when i see mynew gastro.
hi idkwika
how are the antibiotics going?

Old 08-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
(male)

Quote:
hi idkwika
how are the antibiotics going?
Hi, I haven't got them yet. To be honest I am going to be scared to take them as I keep reading they kill off all the good bacteria as well.

I have been learning about hydrochlorhydria which is low stomach acid. You can cure it by taking betaine hydrochloride which I have been taking. i don't think I have low stomach acid but it is something that perhaps you could consider as this can certainly cause nausea.

How are things going with you?

Old 08-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Hi, I haven't got them yet. To be honest I am going to be scared to take them as I keep reading they kill off all the good bacteria as well.

I have been learning about hydrochlorhydria which is low stomach acid. You can cure it by taking betaine hydrochloride which I have been taking. i don't think I have low stomach acid but it is something that perhaps you could consider as this can certainly cause nausea.

How are things going with you?
im ok but a bit up and down. i find any other illness like a headache, hormonal changes etc brings on the nausea which is very annoying!
im seeing the new gastro this week . i have a long list of questions.
do u take anti reflux meds? that supresses stomach acid,
u may as well give the antibiotics a go. ( nothing to lose i suppose)

Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #7
(male)

Quote:
im ok but a bit up and down. i find any other illness like a headache, hormonal changes etc brings on the nausea which is very annoying!
im seeing the new gastro this week . i have a long list of questions.
do u take anti reflux meds? that supresses stomach acid,
u may as well give the antibiotics a go. ( nothing to lose i suppose)
No, I don't take anti-reflux meds as I don't have refulx. I have tried those meds in the past but they didn't helped. As I said in my last post that hydrochlorhydria is much more common than too much stomach acid so I am looking at this at the moment.

Good luck with your new GI doctor and let me know how you get on. I assume that you are seeing a new doctor because you didn't think much of Borody, is that right?

Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
No, I don't take anti-reflux meds as I don't have refulx. I have tried those meds in the past but they didn't helped. As I said in my last post that hydrochlorhydria is much more common than too much stomach acid so I am looking at this at the moment.

Good luck with your new GI doctor and let me know how you get on. I assume that you are seeing a new doctor because you didn't think much of Borody, is that right?
well it wasnt that i didnt think much of borody but that the antibiotics didnt seem to help much. i still needed to take big doses of amitryptiline.
this morning i felt sick and took stemetil which seemed to help a bit. but i just want to know the cause! i will letu know how i get on.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #9
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
well it wasnt that i didnt think much of borody but that the antibiotics didnt seem to help much. i still needed to take big doses of amitryptiline.
this morning i felt sick and took stemetil which seemed to help a bit. but i just want to know the cause! i will letu know how i get on.
hi idkwia
how are u.. im feeling reaLly crappy.. the new gastro wants to do an endoscopy next week, then a gastric emptying study
today the nausea is really bad,,
what do u take when its really bad

Old 09-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #10
(male)

Quote:
hi idkwia
how are u.. im feeling reaLly crappy.. the new gastro wants to do an endoscopy next week, then a gastric emptying study
today the nausea is really bad,,
what do u take when its really bad
Hi Aussiegirl2 - Sorry to hear that you were not so good. I haven't found anything that works when it is really bad. However, have you tried promethazine or ondansetron? I have heard that a lot of people are helped these two but ondansetron didn't help me but it may help you. Good news about the endoscopy, how did it go, any results yet? Hopefully they will also look for eosinophillic esophagitis as I have been corrsponding with a girl who has this and chronic nausea is the main sympton.
I know I have said this before but have you noticed that you get worse when you eat some fruits bearing in mind that the symptoms may not arise immediately?
Have you given up on the Chinese doctor?
I have not been so good lately so still trying to find an answer.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Hi Aussiegirl2 - Sorry to hear that you were not so good. I haven't found anything that works when it is really bad. However, have you tried promethazine or ondansetron? I have heard that a lot of people are helped these two but ondansetron didn't help me but it may help you. Good news about the endoscopy, how did it go, any results yet? Hopefully they will also look for eosinophillic esophagitis as I have been corrsponding with a girl who has this and chronic nausea is the main sympton.
I know I have said this before but have you noticed that you get worse when you eat some fruits bearing in mind that the symptoms may not arise immediately?
Have you given up on the Chinese doctor?
I have not been so good lately so still trying to find an answer.
hi
ive tried promethazine and ondansetron. prob the ondansetron works better. but neither is great.
i had the endos and am getting the results this week ( im also having gastric empyting study as well)
i have changed my diet a bit. cutting out dried fruit and having a protein drink for breakfast instead. im also taking a medication to help control some other symptoms im having like my heart pounding constantly!
i was losing more weight so ive just put the chinese doc on hold until i have these other tests. ( its all so expensive as well!)

Old 09-06-2010, 07:41 AM   #12
(male)

Quote:
hi
ive tried promethazine and ondansetron. prob the ondansetron works better. but neither is great.
i had the endos and am getting the results this week ( im also having gastric empyting study as well)
i have changed my diet a bit. cutting out dried fruit and having a protein drink for breakfast instead. im also taking a medication to help control some other symptoms im having like my heart pounding constantly!
i was losing more weight so ive just put the chinese doc on hold until i have these other tests. ( its all so expensive as well!)
Hope you don't mind me keep coming up with different ideas, I am just trying to help.
Have you considered Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia as I believe this can cause both nausea and heart pounding?

Old 09-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #13
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

Quote:
Hope you don't mind me keep coming up with different ideas, I am just trying to help.
Have you considered Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia as I believe this can cause both nausea and heart pounding?
i have read about that ... i might ask my doctor. i have started taking a medication for the heart pounding (olanzapine) and it has made me dopey but the nausea seems to have lessened which is good,.
i had gastric emptying study today so getting those results tomorrow.
how have u been going?
also dr borody asked me to try 'saccharomyces cerevisiae boulardii' its a probiotic designed to help digestion.
have u started the antibiotics or taking another path?

Old 09-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #14
(female)

Nikitimbo HB User

Hi Aussiegirl, I'm from oz also & I've had a very long history with chronic, undiagnosed nausea. It started about 12 years ago, after a string of very large stuff ups by the medical profession. In short - i lost the use of my teeth/jaw for a period of time & the prolonged lack of chewing seemed to stop my stomach from functioning properly. I ended up with 24/7 chronic nausea that lasted a couple of years. It was terrible. I considered doing myself in on several occasions but each time, the nausea eased off just enough to keep me going. I've slowly improved over the years, no longer have chronic nausea, just get it now & again. I've never regained any semblance of an appetite/ thirst though. I eat/drink like a robot, according to a schedule. Altho my experience is probably different to yours, I've been through every test imaginable, including all the tests you've listed and they've never found a "cause". They've just told me it's "functional". My tips - sip sparkling mineral water, it's the best thing by far for nausea in my experience. Also, take 10mls of liverplex 3 times a day (I picked up rapidly with this) & don't get depressed if the tests come back negative. Diagnostic medicine is still in the dark ages.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:39 AM   #15
(female)

Nikitimbo HB User

PS if you're still experiencing weight loss (I struggled to keep the weight on until I discovered this) - try having "Ensure" hospital formula every day to supplement your meals, this stuff saved my life. It has everything you need nutrition-wise, and pretty much digests itself (technically you can live off it). All the best with everything & I hope things improve for you.

Closed Thread