It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
(female)

buckeyeluvngirl HB User
Right side rib pain

Hi all....I have been having this really strange pain in my right rib cage--not in the front like under my breast but over on the side--under my armpit but a little lower. It doesn't really hurt it feels more like something pushing on my rib--I feel it the most when I am sitting down or laying on that side. I have really bad acid reflux. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
(female)

angelgrl28 HB User
Re: Right side rib pain

i have the same pain but on my left side. i went to the doctor years ago and she told me i have to go to the bathroom more and to take fiber so i always just called it my gas pocket and thought it was just something i had to deal with. then recently the pain is going around to my back. i have no idea and no health insurance to find out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
(female)

Stabevrian HB User

I have that pain on the left side and I was just dx'd with celiac.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
(female)

angelgrl28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabevrian View Post
I have that pain on the left side and I was just dx'd with celiac.
What are the treatment options for this?

Is your pain constant? Mine was very bad for a few days then it got better and I only feel it every so often but I am not doubled over in pain, but the few days that the pain was constant was bad.

I am going to go to a health clinic since I dont have health insurance.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
(female)

Stabevrian HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgrl28 View Post
What are the treatment options for this?

Is your pain constant? Mine was very bad for a few days then it got better and I only feel it every so often but I am not doubled over in pain, but the few days that the pain was constant was bad.

I am going to go to a health clinic since I dont have health insurance.
My pain started last Oct and was on and off until about 2 months ago then it was pretty constant. I had been going to Dr's on and off and no one knew what it was, but a month ago it got so bad I went again and they did a random celiac blood test and it was positive. The treatment is a gluten free diet. You could try the diet to see if it helps with your pain, but there are probably other things that might be causing it, so not sure if that would be the way to go. I know right sided pain could be your gall bladder as well. Maybe gall stones?

Closed Thread