It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
(female)

petluvr10 HB User
Stopping Digestive Enzyme Supplements

Hi!

I have been taking digestive enzymes for nearly half my life and I want to get off of them. My BF is forcing me to stop cold turkey, for he thinks it is actually causing a lot of my digestive issues. However, the times I have tried in the past, I get symptoms.

Is it necessary to wean off of them?

Can digestive enzymes cause health issues like GERD, errosion of mucosa, etc...?

I take NOW Super Enzyme... I used to take Digest Gold and Thorne.

Please help.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Stopping Digestive Enzyme Supplements

Hi there! They say if you lick your lips too often and the skin around it that the digestive enzymes in the saliva will start to digest the skin and make it sore. Digestive enzymes are just that. Also apparently according to what you said about "Digestive issues" you are haveing some symptoms now anyway. Another thing to consider is that many times the supplements are from animals which also carry many different diseases such as Mad Cow disease, cancer, tuberculosis etc. My relatives who passed away several years ago testified that the meat was sold to the public right away to market when they had cancer or tuberculosis because they could not afford to lose $1000 per cow head. So I would think twice at least. They do have pineapple enzymes on the market but I tried them a long time ago and I honestly felt that it did not make any appreciatiable difference in my digestive system. Cabbages are said to be healing to ulcers according to a book I read several years ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread