It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
(female)

marigoldgirl81 HB Usermarigoldgirl81 HB User
frustration with digestion 1 1/2 years later...thyroid?

Well, i've been gone from here for sometime. Off of ppi's for a tad over 3 months, thank goodness, that was an AWFUL time that nearly killed me-being on them (given i obviously have a sensitive body). So, i am still seeing my expensive naturopathic dr. I am making progress but its slooooooooooooow. I feel like crying this week. I can't believe i've now had SEVERE digestive problems for 1 1/2 years....but he reminds me it took me a long time to get in this bad of shape, i was just too busy suppressing smptoms to notice. So, it turns out my thyroid and hormones are way wacked, and that isn't easy to fix. As of right now i am tackling it purely from herbs and foods. My poor aunt just had that radioactive thing done to her thyroid (irreversibe) and boy does she regret it. Anyone here have thyroid problems and major digestive problems? I am up to 115 lbs...previously my 40 lbs loss had me in the 90's but most foods still hate me, my digestion is still just really struggling, which could have alot to do with my thyroid ND says. I haven't seen a western Dr since March, i cannot believe how bad they let me get and how they never found the problem, they just kept going after my gerd when i have so much other stuff going on, fibromyalgia, hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism, etc., so i'm sticking to this for now. I am off of pureed foods but still get sore throats (mainly on left side) constantly and red inflammation back there, has now been there 1 1/2 years, i am told not to focus on that but instead on healing b/c in time it will all come back, some days thats easier said than done. Does anyone else have constant sore throat as part of their gerd? (even high doses of ppis and i still had this) Take care everyone, wishing good health to you all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread